Miscarriages Community
I need an answer in detail about Rh immune globulin injection..plz do h...

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

I need an answer in detail about Rh immune globulin injection..plz do help

my blood group is o negative and husband's is o positiv...my son is 2 and half years old and he is o negativ too, so doctor dint give me the Rh immune globulin injection which is for next baby....but 7 months bak i had an abortion when ta foetus was 7 weeks old and the doctor gave a half dose of the injection...last month, my periods date was oct 22 but i had sore breast, back ach and stomach pain and saw kind of light coloured blood spots for few days...i thought it was implantation bleeding but got my periods on 19th of tis month..was that an early miscarriag before periods itself?..if so should i take the Rh immune globulin injection? if thats not a miscarriage, will that injection create any problem for my health?
i am really worried...plz console me with your answers.. if i become pregnant tis month without taking tat injection, will tat affect my baby?

You will need to get the Anti D injection before the 12 weeks of pregnancy. Around this stage of the pregnacy the mothers blood and the babies can mix/cross each other and if this happens, this is where ur body would attack the fetus, it wouldn't happen early on, 12 weeks would be about the earliest stage that this could happen, so ensure yoy get the Anti D infection before 11 weeks just to be on the safe side.

I was told this information by a doctor at the early miscarriage unit.

Love Rachel x

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/pregnancy/rhesus-negative-pregnancy
Just to add having the Anti D will not effect ur health or the baby. You have have this done before u fall pregnant. I thought I was 0- and I was advised that after my D&C operation that I could have the Anti D, but I was actually 0+ so I did not seen this.

Sorry just to correct myself, I was meant to say that you can have the Anti D injection before u fall pregnant, however you can also have this done in early pregnancy, before 12 weeks stage, would be better, just to be on the safe side.