Just had a miscarraige
I am having a really difficult time today, I suffered a miscarraige today after 5 weeks and even though I know I was not far into the pregnancy, I am still so devastated.  It has been a roller coaster all week for us because we were confirmed that I was pregnant at the doctors office, we were so thrilled, than the very next day we had to go to the ER due to cramping it when than I found out that my hcg was only 25 so right there I knew that something was very wrong, so today I woke up to even more cramping but this time accompanied with bleeding, once again went to ER and hcg only went to 39 in 3 days so they confirmed that I was indeed miscarrying....We would like ttc soon but I am not sure how long you should wait and I am so afraid of this happening again it takes so much out of you physically and emotionally.  If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it.
Hi....I am so sorry for your loss...I have had 2 miscarriages one in April at 6 weeks and another in June at 5 weeks....I fully and truly understand what you are going through...my miscarriage in April was a natural miscarriage and I was told to wait 1 cycle which i did...I got pregnant again at the end of May and I started bleeding and cramping June 20th at that time my hcg levels were only 200...over the next few days my levels only went to 234....My doctor recommended a d&c this time and since they found no evidence of a pregnancy in my uterus I also had to have a dose of methotrexate just in case it was a tubal pregnancy...This time I was advised to wait 6 months before TTC again...Your doctor can advise as to when you should TTC again...Did you miscarry naturally or did you have to have a d&c? The emotional toll is huge but I promise in time you will gradually feel better...I still have my good days and bad days...but I am slowly getting better...and looking forward to January so I can TTC again....

Good luck to you
Hugs and Prayers....
Angel
I had a miscarriage in August of 2009, and it still hurt sometimes.  The doctor said to wait until at least one full cycle after the miscarriage before trying again, but he also said that your body won't sustain a pregnancy until it's ready.  I was luck enough to get pregnant one cycle afterward, and I have a healthy baby now.  I am so sorry for your loss.  No one warned me about how emotional the time is, especially due to the hormones.  Grieve because even though people say you weren't very far along it is still loss.  Take care of yourself.
Hey so sorry to hear about you...actually i can relate myself to you rite now...i just had a M/C in April..and im still not able to get over with it...we been trying to get pregnant now but no luck so far...my doc said after a MC you should wait for about 3 months...she said the body needs to heal mentally and physically...I guess diff docz have diff opinion on this..Be strong and.take care of urself..hope this helps a bit
I am so so sorry that you have to go through this ... it is truly a devastating experience that only people who have been through it can really relate to .. I mc'd late June and have just had my first af .. my doc said 2 cycles but that was because I lost our baby at nearly 12 weeks .. I had a chemical pg last year (about 4.5 weeks) and was told we could try again straight away so I really think it depends on you and the gestational age .. some women are fine to go straight into another pg while others need that time to really recover .. you will know in your heart when it's the right time to try again .. my thinking has been that if I did get pg straight away when I had been told to wait, how awful that would be if I lost that one too ... I don't want to blame myself on top of all the other emotions that I've gone through .. so completely a personal choice .. but physically, if you have no complications, you will probably be fine to start ttc whenever you want     just make sure that you take time to really look after yourself .. I know that I just wanted to get pg straight away again, but waiting has actually given me time to deal with all the emotions surrounding this and am now feeling much stronger .. good luck sweetie! xxx
Thank you to everyone for your well wishes!  It truly is helping me during this difficult time! The nurses in the hospital while I know they meant well kept telling me not to worry, you can still get pregnant, don't get upset, you truly just dont understand the feeling unless you experience it so I really appreciate everyone sharing their personal stories as we can help eachother and give the advice and boosts that we all need.  Good luck to everyone ttc and will keep you updated on what goes on with me........
Quick question: I am sure everyone is different but on average how long should the bleeding/cramping last for a miscarriage?
I had a D&C, and mine lasted about 6 days or so.  It was much lighter after the 3rd day, but it took nearly a week to completely stop.  I know this is difficult.  Medhelp was the best thing that could have happened to me after my mc.  It was comforting to know that there were women out there who understood.  Take care, and best wishes.
I also had a d & c and bled on and off for 2 weeks .. I thought it had stopped after 3 days only to come back heavy a few days after that .. I agree with mapes .. I came on here and got the reassurance I needed that what was happening was normal and that others had been through the same thing ... I hope you heal quickly