Late miscarriage at about 6 months help
My wife and I found out our baby might have a diaphragmatic hernia at almost 6 months via ultrasound. They sent us to get another ultrasound from a different radiologist and they told us that the baby had no heart beat. On the ultrasound where they original suspected a problem the noted there were no other abnormalities. Anyway they induced labor and my wife had the baby. That was a difficult experience. The next morning we got to wake up to babies crying in the other rooms around us. The doctor told us the baby wouldn't have died like that if the diaphragmatic hernia was the only problem and they suspected multiple anamolies. My wife didn't want to get an autopsy, but I have been thinking it might help. They are doing pathology on the placenta and bloodwork on my wife. They are checking for lupus, diabetes, thyroid and a bunch of different viruses they called it a torch panel. They also told us there is nothing pointing toward the fact that we can't have a healthy baby. I read that if the baby has multiple anamolies it might point toward genetic problems. Neither her family or my family have a history of problems like that. This is our third pregnancy the first on ended with abortion, second miscarriage at about alittle over a month and this one stillbirth at about six months. I'm 26 and so is my wife.
The baby appeared completely normal on the outside and the doctor said the placenta looked very healthy.
I remember your post about a month ago. I'm sorry for your loss. I would maybe get a 2nd opinion by a dr that specializes in genetics. I would not be okay without some solid answers. A obgyn can do some gentetic testing but it sounds like you need to speak with someone who specializes in the field. You may never get the answers as to what went wrong. I myself have had 6 m/cs one was a d and e at 19 wks a natural m/c at 14 wks my middle daughters twin and 4 natural m/cs in the first trimester. I have 3 kids and pg with my 4th. Women who have losses go on to have beautiful healthy babies. It is a painful process but in time the pain is more manageable. Try and keep your chin up. Let your mind and heart heal. I wish you the best. Keep me posted as to what you both decide. Best wishes to you and your wife.

AP