Miscarriages Community
MTPill didn't work for me

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

MTPill didn't work for me

I miscarried naturally on 24th Nov, I was told that it was the case of Blighted Ovum.. I was almost 9 weeks preg by then. So I started bleeding on 24th Nov , my doc asked me take MTP the same day, and after 2 days i took 4 Cytotec tabs (3 vaginally and 1 orally) the bleeding continued for 8days. I went for a scan to check whether everything is cleared and got to know that 50% is still left. The doc inserted 3 Cytotec tabs again today. I'm not sure whether the medicines would work on me or not. I will have to go in for a check-up scan again on Wednesday.. What are the chances? I dont wanna go in for a DnC as this is my second Miscarriage and DnC could be harmful the second time.
I have had 3 d&cs, 2 for m/c 1 for too thick lining.  If the medicine doesn't work you may have to go that route.  I will yell you that I have gone on to have 3 successful pregnancies after having d&cs.  If the procedure is done correctly there are usually no affects that interfere with ur fertility.  As with any medical procedure there are risks.  And if your body can't expel the pregnancy with medicine your risk for infection goes up which can affect fertility.  Either way I hope things work out for you sorry for your loss.
I had my d&c done on nov 29, and i've had no heavy bleeding or bad cramps so far.. I've only had spotting and barely any cramps... i rested for 3 days, and went back to work today... the doc said no sex, tampons or anything like that for 30 days and to do a 2 week follow up... I was bleeding for 1 week and wasn't passing any thing.. and I didn't want to continue bleeding and going thru  it.. I wanted it over .. so I opted for the d&c...

you may have to just in case...