Miscarriage Wife
My wife and I had a miscarriage last year. At around 23 weeks, one morning we realize how hard her stomach had suddenly gotten. It was very tight and hard and almost felt like a basketball! At the same time, her stomach was sensitive to touch. In addition we also noticed that her vaginal pad had a small streak of bright red blood. At the moment I recollect how she was telling she felt the braxton hicks contractions.

As I went to pick up the car from the garage, on the way back I got into a huge car accident and was unable to have my wife delivered to the hospital. She ended up miscarrying inside the house by herself. And we have basically erased that moment from our conversations, as it was such a painfully eventful day. She basically has never brought it up, but I am still concerned about these symptoms. We never got a diagnosis.

Has anyone experienced anything similar and what was their diagnosis?
Hey there, I am so sorry  to hear about the loss of your baby, I am concerned that it sounds like you guys have never gone to the hospital about this, what happened to the baby? At 23 weeks it is called pre-term or premature labour, where your wife would have been having contractions and dilating at her cervix more than likely. Was the baby born? If the baby was not born, is your wife still pregnant or carrying the baby? I suggest going to the hospital ASAP!! the baby at 23 weeks is fully developed although unable to breathe unattended outside mother womb. If the baby is still inside your wife go to the hospital and get checked immediately, and if the baby was born you should still go to the hospital, take the baby and get your wife checked incase there are any undiscovered problems. I am going to add you and please let me know the answers to these wuestions if you would I am very worried for your wife and your baby. good luck x
alot of losses like you have had can be due to problems with the placenta or umbilical cord, also some women can be susceptable to preterm labour, there can ba a bacteris that lives inside some womens vagina that can cause pre-term labour and a check when you have a pap done can test for this as well, I would consult your doctor about having this test done as well, I am very sorry for your loss, and would suggest some type of greif counselling, as it seems that your wife maybe trying to block this out, which is totally understandable but not emotionally healthy for her or the two of ytou as a couple, and could possibly resurface if she gets pregnant again
Thanks chrissy for your kind concerns. As this has happened about a year ago, there hasn't been any problems with her health or otherwise. Eventually everything was checkout out and all was with her.

I want to thank stacey from bringing up the possibility of a certain type of bacteria. After googling it, it turned out to be bacterial vaginosis, which has been a culprit different occasions. We will definetly be taking this into account.

I am very appreciative how both of you have kindly answered my questions, which will possibly save the life of our future child this time, since we are pregnant again! :-)

May God bless you both
good luck for a healthy pregnancy and baby :)