Miscarriages Community
Miscarriage at 16 weeks

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Miscarriage at 16 weeks

I was in my 4th month, baby was measuring exactly 16 weeks, baby had a strong heartbeat of 165, and my hormone levels were normal.  I noticed fluid leaking that had this gushing feeling.  Went in for an ultrasound, baby was okay - he/she was moving around freely!  Two weeks later noticed some blood along with mild cramping, went back to the doctor and the ultrasound showed the baby did not have enough amniotic fluid.  The doctor said it was unlikely that the sac would reseal itself, but we still wanted to wait a week.  Unfortunately the very next day I was bleeding a lot and had to go to the ER.  I had a D&E procedure that weekend.  The baby was still alive with a strong heartbeat but obviously wouldn't live without the fluid.  They tested the fetus and there were no abnormalities.  Our expanded AFP results came back negative.  

If you have a less than 5% chance of miscarrying at this point in time AND we heard the hearbeat until the very end AND there were no development problems, why did this happen?  Has this happened to anyone?  I'm so scared and nervous because I'm afraid this will happen again especially if they don't know why it happened in the first place.  
OMG I am so so sorry... I am 16w now and I can't imagine...  I am so sorry for your loss... what do the dr say?
I'm so incredibly sorry that that happened to you.

Unfortunately I have not heard your exact story before, so I do not know of anyone who has gone through this. I can only guess that your amniotic sac broke early. Babies can die if there isn't enough amniotic fluid, that much I do know.

I can't say whether or not it might happen again. I'm sorry I can't be of more help to you!
I have been devastated and can't make sense of it.  The doctor said that it's rare, but when it happens there is nothing that they can do about it.  The risk of infection when your water breaks is high, so they do not encourage you to wait.  I have my post-op appointment on Thursday.  Not sure if he will be able to provide more answers, but if he does, I will let you know.  

It's been so hard - "peanut" was already a little person to me.  As I'm sure you already have, at this stage we bond with our baby... talk to him/her.  We were going to find out the sex on the 24th.  We had purchased furniture, clothes, books, toys, etc.  It's amazing how we can love something so much.  This has been the hardest thing I have ever been through.  And the hormones don't help.  For the first week I couldn't even get out of the bed... no appetite... no motivation to do anything.  This past week was much better.  Thank g-d for my husband... he is an amazing source of strength.
I am so sorry this has happened!  I wish you all the best.  I know what you mean about feeling a connection to the baby and already buying things.  The baby you lost was a very real part of you.
omg I go in the 27th to find out the sex... did they tell you the sex when you m/c?  I m/c 5 days after I found out I was pg with my last child and that was sooo hard... I cried and cried and that was only after 5 days of thinking about being a mommy..  I still think of that baby and how I hope to meet him/her one day in heaven.  I am so sorry for your loss...
I don't have any answers for you or experiences to share, I just wanted to tell you that I'm extremely sorry for your loss.  I may be experiencing a miscarriage right now and I can't even imagine being 16wks along and going through what you've gone through.  God bless.
I honestly don't really answer as to why it happened. I know that drinking a lot of water is what keeps your amniomic fluid up. But if your water broke that early (which I have heard of happening before) then there really wasn't anything they could do. I can only imagine how hurt you are with all of this. I've heard of this happening to someone else who ended up getting pregnant again and carrying to term... hopefully that helps a little.
did they say anything about an incompetant cervix? You might want to find out because if that is a consideration they can put a little stitch in your cervix next time to prevent the same problem.
Thank you for your compassion and support... what a wonderful group this is.

No, they did not tell me the sex of the baby.  I remember asking as soon as I got out of surgery and the surgeon said that it was too early to tell.  But since the baby was sent for tests, maybe my OBGYN will know and will tell me at my post-op appointment.  

To be honest, I don't think I drank enough water, so I have been feeling quite guilty about it - but my doctor said it didn't have anything to do with it.  ??  All I know is that next time around (g-d willing), I will drink A LOT of water just in case.  I did have a bladder infection and I read on line that frequent UTIs can result in membrane ruptures.  Again, I hope to get more information when I go to my appointment this week.

My cervix remained closed the entire time and the doctor said I did not have an incompetant cervix.  You can see why I am at a loss on this because it just doesn't make sense.  

My doctor said that once you have a miscarriage you are considered "high risk" in the Kaiser network.  So this means that I will have more frequent appointments - one thing I have learned through all of this is that when you're pregnant (and IF you are experiencing some blood, cramping ,etc.), you MUST be in the care of a M.D.  We elected to see a Nurse Practioner who had 30+ years of experience, so we thought we would have the best pre-natal care!  This of course was not her fault by any means, but having gone through this emotional and physical trauma, I recommend that you see a M.D. for your pregnancy.

Chelle: you are in my thoughts.  
I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how I would cope. I miscarried about a week after I found out I was pregnant and cried everyday for a week after my miscarriage. I can't imagine the pain that your going through buy I can tell you that it will get better and that God in watching over you and  he will get you through this!
My heart is with you.... I could not wish this pain on anyone. I miscarried  4 years ago at 12 weeks they said the heartbeat just stopped beating. No one could ever give me a reason why this happened and to this day I still think about it. The pain will get easier... I hope that God will bless you with children. I have 2 beautiful children and trying for 3. I know your heart aches, they say everything happens for a reason. My heart is with you and your husband. God bless you both
Hi...
Thank you both for your thoughts and prayers.  I am hopeful that we will fall pregnant again.  Just more cautious next time around... hearing everyone's stories gives me hope that we will blessed with a healthy child of our own someday.
Hello...I am so sorry for your loss...I truly am, as I can feel your pain.  I lost twins in April (at 12 weeks) and lost a singleton (at 14 weeks) in August.  I know that one of the disorders I was tested for was a "newer" one they are testing for now and it is called MTHFR...I am not sure what it stands for, but I do know it has something to do with the amniotic fluid levels.  Is this your first loss? You may just ask your doc about it...obviously, he would know more than I.  I do not know a whole lot about it, because mine ended up coming back negative.  I have 2 healthy boys (ages 3 and 6)...So, this has come as quite a surprise to my husband and I...doc too, actually.  I have been tested for several autoimmune disorders (lupus, antiphospholipid syndrome...etc) and so far, everything negative.  pretty strange...We too had genetic testing done on the last loss and everything came back normal on that too!  We did find out the sex (ours was another boy!)...They will know the sex if they are doing genetic testing...it is part of the test.  I was not sure if you wanted to know, but just in case!!   But, again, I am soooo sorry for your loss...I really do know exactly how you feel and would love to stay in touch on how you are doing.  My husband and I would LOVE to have 1 more (or 2, considering twins run in my family and I have been there once...lol), but I am too scared right now to even think about it.  I just had a follow up again at the end of November and the doc told us that he has no reason to tell us not to try again.  BUT, there is OBVIOUSLY something causing it and I have been doing MAD research on here and have actually seen some things that I am going to talk over with my doc...Good luck...keep us posted!!
Mandy
I am sorry to hear about this loss and I hope that everything will turn out ok for you in the end. I just wanted to share my story with you. I was 15 weeks along in my pregnancy and had went to the docter a few times in that 15 weeks not on time did the docter even try to listen to a hear beat or even do my normal rutine. I would just go in and they would draw blood and Iwould go home. At my 15 week mark I went in to use the restroom and noticed a little bleeding and put a pad on a little later went back to the restroom to check and still just a tiny. My husband and I went to the ER to be on the safe side and at our Hospital they do not delivery babies we have to go out of town, but they listen for the hear beat and the nurse says that she hears the cord so we thought that if the cord was pumping then the baby would be fine surly. We were then sent to my delivering hospital about a half hour away and by the time I had gotten there there was no longer any spotting. They gave me an ultrasound to be on the safe side and the babies heart was not beating. The measurments on the ultrasound showed the baby at only 8 weeks and the sac at being 10 weeks but my body was 15 weeks. This was a shock to me because I could feel the baby move even my husband felt it move. The only explaination the docter was able to give was that my body was pregnant but with no baby. I was devastated. Three months later we found out we were pregnant again with our beautiful little boy and he is healthy as can be. We still to this day being 2 years later do not know the sex of the baby because of course it was to little but we say she was our little girl and we named here Heaven leigh. We even celebrate her birthday which is April 22. I know this is hard and you may feel as though you will not be able to move on but you will and everyday will get easier and eaiser. I promise. I hope that you are ok and that you will find a way to get through this and you and your family will be happy and healthy. Good Luck and Best of Wishes.
Hi Mandy,
I'm sorry to hear about your losses as well.  Yes, this was my first loss.  I am scared that it will happen again, but I am really trying to keep a positive outlook.  

I don't think this is ever easy, but if there is anything I wish were different, it would be that this happened earlier on in my pregnancy.  Even though they say that you're never really in the clear until your baby is born, they do give you a BIG amount of reassurance that if you hear a strong heartbeat and you've made it past your first trimester, you're not likely to miscarry.  What I fear most if we get pregnant again, is that I'll be nervous and anxious the entire pregnancy.  This is why it's important for me to take it one day at a time... if I get too ahead of myself with these thoughts and feelings, it will be hard to fall pregnant again AND carry a child.  I will check out MTHFR on the web and ask my doctor tomorrow when we go in for our post-op.

You've been blessed with two sons - and I'm hopeful for you that you will be blessed with a healthy 3rd child - possibly #3 and #4 at the same time!  :-)  As the others say on this site, I am sending you baby dust!!
Thank you for sharing your story... all these stories give me hope, so I greatly appreciate it.  Each day does get better.  :-)  
Please read my profile. I hope that it will give you hope! I'll be praying for u!
I lost my first pregnancy at 18 weeks - I was devastated.  I have found the website ***************** (community: miscarriage and stillbirth) very helpful.  All of the women there know exactly what you're going through.  My heart goes out to you, I truly understand how deeply you're hurting from this.
I have compund heterozygous MTHFR.  It causes blood clots to form and therefore loss of fetus.  It can cause loss at any stage of pregnancy.  It basically causes folic acid deficiency which leads to the clots among other things.  I have never heard of it being linked to amniotic fluid loss.
I am sorry for your loss. I was 16 weeks when my water broke.There was no reason given. My son Aidan hang on for a week with a strong heartbeat and no fluid before God took him home. He was the most beautiful boy.He was a fighter and I know we will get him back. Try to keep your head up.
im very sorry about your loss...amniotic fluid loss can happen to anyone at any stage in a pregnancy...the difference is if it happens in later stages in pregnancy they will rescue the baby by early delivery but as early as 16 weeks it i snot possible to save baby's life....and if happens once it does not mean it would happen again!  in fact is less likely... stay strong and i am sure you will have a healthier pregnancy next time...
I am very sorry for your loss. I have had 2 miscarriages both at 17 wks. My water ruptured on both. My dr. also told me it is not do to an inconpotent cervix and all the test have came out negitive. I am now 7wks pregnant an am scared that it will happen again. The dr. did put me on aspirin and folic acid to see it it helps. Well, good luck and keep your head up!!!!
omg im so so sorry  for u and ur loss  i cant imagen what your going through, my thoughts r with you.
i was 16 weeks pregnant with twins me and my boyfriend were so happy everyone in our families were but the doctors told me that i wouldn't be able to carry past 6 months and if i tried to the i could bleed out. everyone said the best thing to do is to terminate it but i couldn't! they were my babies. well i lost them two weeks ago. and now everyone around me is pregnant! they don't think i know but i do. and nobody understands how hard it is just to babysit my neice or be happy for my sister she's pregnant with her second child. i just don't know what to do
I am so sorry. I know just what you are going through. Myself , my sister and my sister in law were all pregant and due at the same time but we lost our little boy 3 weeks ago at 16 weeks. I found out today that my best friend is now having a baby I am devastated and really angry, which is unlike me. I am not sure how I will get through this.
i am so sorry for your loss.
First, you didn't do anything to cause this. It sounds like you had a premature rupture of membranes that included a viable healthy pregnancy. I have never heard of anything that causes this, it is just some sort of freak thing that happens rarely. I am so sorry that you had to go through that. My prayers go out to you.

Just thought I would point out that this post was from 2007. although I am sure everyone's thoughts are appreciated though.
I just had a miscarriage at 16 weeks also.I had been spotting off and on through my whole pregnancy.I had 4 ultrasounds done.First they told me i had a small cyst on my ovaries.my second one told me everything was fine.My baby had a good heartbeat and was moving and measured correctly.My third ultrasound showed that I had a low placenta,but the baby was still doing good.my fourth ultrasound I had because I was having severe cramping and more spotting.That ultrasound showed a thick low lying placenta and low amniotic fluid.The hospital sent me home and told me I could carry the baby but i also have a higher risk of miscarriage.The baby was moving and had a good heartbeat.that was the day before my miscarriage.Friday morning I was sitting on my porch went to clear my throat felt a pop and just started hemorraging.I called an ambulance got rushed to the hospital.they told me from the amount of blood it doesnt look good and sent me for an ultrasound.The baby still had a heartbeat but I had no amniotic fluid left and the baby was already in the birth canal.I had to give birth to a live baby knowing there was nothing the doctors could do.I heard them talking and they said something about a placental abruption and that the ultrasound my day before if it would have been read correctly also showed blood clots behind the placenta.Apparently a placental abruption can cause low amniotic fluid and me to go into premature labor and hemorrage.
I am so sorry this happened to you. I can imagine what a heart breaking feeling it is, I do know that women become mothers as soon as we find our we are pregnant (well most women feel that way) And become very attached to our children. Not drinking enough water has nothing at all to do with it. THink about how many women that are so sick through out their pregnancy and the baby still thrives and goes on to be born and be healthy so it wasnt that at all!!! sometimes things like this happen and no one can explain why....and you can't blame yourself. Write a letter to your baby if it makes you feel better and get a balloon and send it up in the air...it might sound silly but sometimes things like that make people feel better. And I can't understand why they couldnt tell you the sex of the baby... I think you can tell at 16 weeks. Hmm....maybe they wanted to save you more greif but you should def ask you doctor if he knows. You will be in my prayers.
I am 26 years old. I went in for a 16 week check-up when I was so surprised to learn of no heartbeat. I had no cramping or spotting. That week before, people noticed I was pregnant. I went in for that appointment on Monday. I felt my baby a few days before on Thursday. I had just lost her. I had contractions induced to have her. I layed with my baby girl over night. I named her Anaya which means "God Answered." It is the weekend and I still can't help but cry. I don't understand why my baby was 5 inches long (normal for 16 weeks) but 1 ounce, rather than the 3 ounces. Something was wrong and I am getting tests. I just had her cremated and her urn reads, "My Little Angel Anaya." I am having her blessed at the church tomorrow. It is so hard when all you think about is what you could have done better. It's hard when all you try to do seems like it is not enough. It is hard when the father wanted nothing to do with her and paid no respect when her learned she passed. :( This was my first pregnancy. I was so happy and now I just don't know how to keep it together.
Hi, I am new to this, but your story is very close to my heart. I just lost my son on the 12 of Oct. He was 16 weeks also and was 7 in. long. On Saturday the 10th I got bad cramps and leaking clear fluids, it was so bad that I couldn't walk. I called my doctors nurse and she said to just rest and come in on Monday. By Sunday I started bleeding with more fluid coming out of me. I just laid on the couch for the rest of the day. By the night time, I went to use the restroom and felt something coming out. We rushed to the hospital, I was so scared. They did an untrasound and the baby's heartbeat was strong but said that I was leaking the fluid around him and he must come out now. The next couple of hours was the worst of my life. When he came out, we held him, and gave him a blessing at the hospital. I named him Angel becuase he now belongs to God as one of his angels. The doctors couldn't give me a reason also of why it happened. I am slowly making progress because it just happened. The hospital gave me a memory box with all of his items and pictures to take home. It comforts me when I look at his things. Right now my breast are causing me the biggest pain. My family and friends are very supportive and I know that I will heal even if it is at a slow pace, I just remember that he is with God.
My water broke at 17 weeks and i lost most of the the water before i reached the hospital. My CRP and infections levels were little high and was induced to terminate my first pregnancy which i concieved after 2 yrs of hope. I was also a PCOS patient and was on metformin for almost 18 months. It has been very traumatic to lose my little baby even when the heart beat was very strong after 8 hrs of the water loss. Docs suggested that we had no other option but to terminate as the baby would not survive without the amniotic fluid. Docs also said that this was rare and unheard of. But, seeing so many people go thru the same traumatic experience on this link, can we arrive at a common cause of this?

I am desparate to know the reasons which causes this PPROM.
Is it linked to PCOS? I was on Met and Susten 200(progestrone) till 12 weeks of my pregnancy. I am 31 yrs old, 5 ft and was weighing 73 Kgs when concieved. The growth of the baby was absolutely normal as per NT scan. I was on bedrest till 12 week of my preg. But had rejoined office and working till the day my water broke. What can induce this otherwise normal preg. Can stress or food stuff cause this? I am worried as for my next preg.

If we could dedude the reasons for ealry pre term water breakage shared between us, we can help ourselves for the next preg as well as others.
Hey ladies,

Just checking in. Everyone have a Merry Christmas? Mine was great my sister came to town with her b/f but my Aunt passed a stomach flu to us so Saturday afternoon/night my sister and I were really sick, vomiting, diarreah (diarrhea)... her bf got sick to DH got lucky and took DS to his Grammy's for the night so he wouldn't get sick, then came home and took care of us. still feeling weak and nauseous today.. But baby seems fine I heard the hb on the doppler to check up on him/her. DH called my doctor and he prescribed a suppository to take to help keep liquids down (didn't help). I feel like my poor baby is starving because I can't eat anything without feeling sick. ughh miserable day and to make it worse my boss is making me work today on the last day my sister is here :( she went to the aquarium with her bf and hopefully they won't be stuck in the city to long after I get off work. bleh.

I have an appointment later this week to check up but no u/s for 4 more weeks, then we find out the sex.
First of all I would like to say that I am SO sorry for your loss. I also had PPROM thats cause was never discovered... but mine was at 30 weeks with my daughter. I wish there was something I could say to comfort you right now.
I can tell you that after the PPROM with my daughter I went on to have a son that had to be induced at 36 weeks, and am currently pregnant again at 31 weeks, so just because it happens once does not mean that it will happen again. I do know that there are several web sites based solely on the subject of PPROM and for women to share their stories. They even break them up into what week PPROM was experienced. You may want to google it, it could be helpful to you.
I also wanted to let you know that this is a VERY old thread... you may get more responses if you start a new thread, I doubt that many if any of the people who posted here previously are still around to answer these questions... but if you post a new thread you might get some new responses. I wish you the best of Luck (((HUGS))) please feel free to post any time, I'm sure you will find that this is a very supportive group of women.
i had a miscarriage at 16 wks , pregnancy was fine, just started bleeding, no pain, was taken to hospital and was told that everything was fine, a few hours later i lost the baby. I never found out if it was a boy or a girl, nor did was i offered any kind of funeral sevice. They just took the baby stright away. But now 3 years down the line i have a very healthy, happy little boy. My heart goes out to you all.
wow i am also soo sorry!!! I can t even picture what u went through!!!
Im sooo very sorry to hear of your loss!! I cant imagine. I can tell you that with my second baby my fluid was low as well...it was because I was really sick and couldnt even keep water down. Drinking water is the key!! But I also can tell you that in RARE occassions the baby can put a hole in the sac with their nails. Maybe thats what happened.
I hope you find strengh to rise above this and stay strong. I really wish you luck and my thoughts are with you. Xoxoxo
I myself was induced on the 1st of February 2010.  I was 20 weeks pregnant and found out on my first drs appt that he had no heart beat and was to have been dead at 16 weeks. I am still grieving especially around the time when I had him. I can't plan his burial because I would just burst into tears and would have to leave the baby isle. I've been trying to keep busy but he would always come to mind. I've been thinking about returning to work early but I have two other employees who is also pregnant and due around the same time as me except they will get to see and feel their babies grow inside them. I am very thankful that I have a very supportive husband who is taking care of all his plannings.
i need someones help i found out i was pregnant and the 14/05/10 would of made me 16 weeks i started seeing blood in my discharge on 13/05/10 and having lower abodimal pain so i went to the ER and they did an ultrasound and the Dr told me my uterus measure only 8 weeks i want to know how this was possible i was almost four months, They said my uterus raptured and thats why i was feeling pain in my lower abodimal, I had a d&c on 14/05/10 i felt so empty me and my husband really wanted the baby bcuz we had a M/C in 2007 i'm starting to think i'm going out my mind bcuz i would really like to give him a child and i'm wonderin if that has happened 2 anyone else.Can someone help me?
Hi, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. That is very sad. Membranes can rupture sometimes for no reason. It's just a part of pregnancy and risks that come a long with it. I know that answer doesn't make you feel any better at all, but it's all I know. Hopefully the Dr's will find out more. Many women go on to carry to full-term after a micarriage. I have had two, once chemical and one at almost 12 weeks, and I've had 4 babies, 3 babies since the miscarriages. However, while not drinking enough water can lead to lessened amount of amniotic fluid, it's actually to MUCH amniotic fluid that can cause the amniotic bag to break it is called polyhyrdamnios. So, don't blame this on yourself by any means. You will be seen only by a OB the next time because Practicioners cannot treat/care for high risk patients.

I am so sorry about your loss and hope that your heart heals soon from this. I really can't imagine.
Thank you so much julz034 i think it just wasnt meant to be yet so ill keep my trust in God bcuz he knows my desires right now and I have a whole lot of questions for my DR, lol but i think my next pregnancy i'm going to sleep in the hospital.
iam a 16teen yr old girl , on july 10 2010, i went to my cousins furneral while i was ther , i has bad pains in the lower part of my belly and i to passed 2 blood clots i was 18 weeks preg. they found out the fluid was also leaking from my baby so that night i gave birth to a lil boy he lived about 2min outside the womb and he weighed 245 grams 8.6 oz he was not even a pound i did get to hold him all that night he stayed in my room and i had a service for him i named him it was the worst days  of my life i just no that god makes no mistakes and everything it done for a raeson so each and eveyone of us has to remember that ???? but i feel for anyone who loses their child thats a feeling you will never forget, GOD BLESS ALL OF US
Since my miscarrage (miscarriage) in Oct. 2009, we have been trying with no success. Well we are not together anymore and I see why God did what he did. I still thank God for my blessing of feelling my baby inside me for those months, it was the best time of my life. Now I am in the process of moving on with my life.
I barely drink fluids. My first couple months i drank nothing but soda. I'm 31 weeks now and amniotic fluid Is fine.
hi my names katie i had a miscarriage just last week at 16 weeks pregnant.. the day before my miscarriage i noticed a light brown discharge, so i loooked it up on line and every site said that its normal in pregnancys!! so i didnt worry about it! the next morning i woke up at about 5.30 and noticed more brown discharge, i went back to bed and fealt this gush of water i didnt know what it was, i just ashumed it was normal.. i then went for a shower, while i was in the shower more water gushed out and then lots of blood and my baby fell out:(:( i was so scared i just ran to my room crying and rang my boyfriend to come home!! we went straight to the hospital with bub!! i was in so much pain and will never forget this day!!! i am having allot of trounble dealing with this!! they doctors arent sure what happened and are doing test on the baby and placenta to find out what could of caused this to happen! my doctor said he thinks that i had a incompadent cervix but wont know until the test results come back.. i still dont know the sex of my baby yet but we will find out when the test results come back! i dont think this is something i will ever get passed:( i keep picturing the moment in the shower when bub fell out:(:( we are going to get bub cremated..
Katie, I am so sorry for your lost.  I too had a miscarriage at 16 weeks last September.  I am going thru another miscarriage at 16 weeks right now.  I have MTHFR mutation which causes blood clots.  Doc believed that was the cause of all my miscarriages (4 total) not including this current one.  They put me on Lovenox and everything went well.  I went in for a check up 2 weeks ago and was fine.  Well two days ago at 16 weeks check up, they found no heartbeat.  I just can't believe what a coincidence this is that I miscarried both times at exactly 16 weeks.  Has anyone experienced this?
Ladies I am so sorry to hear you have gone through this. How often have you now heard this....I am so sorry....but I am. I found out my baby had no heartbeat 2 weeks ago today. I went in for a routine visit at 18 weeks (I had an ectopic at the beginning of 2010, then a m/c at 6 weeks at the end of 2010) and this was my first dr. appt that I wasn't nervous about. I had beenfollowed very closely because of my history and because I am 41 and had verified all was well at 14 weeks.  I was stunned when the doctor said there was no heartbeat and that the baby measured btwn 15-16weeks.  I was induced and delivered my dear baby boy and have been home 1 1/2 weeks with my head spinning and my heart bursting.  I'm waiting for test results but know I may never know what happened. I read that in one of the stages of grief you are searching so hard for a reason you begin to blame yourself and your body.  I hope you aren't going through this...I am but am comforted somehow to know it is normal.  Kt90 you are so brave to keep trying.  2 late miscarriages has got to be heartbreaking...because each pregnancy loss I've gone through is devastating.  May God carry you through this time ...sorry I don't have any answers.  
I am extremely sorry for your loss, I lost my baby at 16 weeks as well. About 4 days ago I found out my little one did not have a heartbeat, three days later I delivered at my mother's home and had to be rushed to the ER.  It was intense and I was sacred out of my my mind. I still just sit here in shock replaying everything in my mind.
Anyway i just wanted you to know that there is someone on the other side of the world experiencing similar grief and pain.
I hope you are getting through the day OK.
I am so sorry to hear about your loss but I to had a miscarriage at 19wks(1st child) on august 23 2011. My water broke and I went to the doctor they confirm that my water had rupture and there were mo fluids around my baby they told me I had to get my labor induce so I wouldn't catch an infection once I had the baby the pathology report came back saying the cause of the water rupture was due to an infection in the fluids call choro.. it hurts so bad because I really wanted a baby but just stay prayerful god will give us a second chance to me mommies lots of baby dusk your way:)
I am experiencing the same experience you experienced a while back. It seems that You are telling my story in exact details and order, OMG. I am in so much pain over my loss and he was a 3rd boy I just fell in love with him the second i held him and touched his tiny hand. When will the heartache stop, and the crying. I miss him so much. I have 2 beautiful boys, but i guess i still want more. Please let me know what the doctors told you. He was 16 weeks and 6 days, and he was so real. The hardest part was planning for the burial. I cried for hours that day, i didn't go to the burial. I couldnt see my baby boy that was developed perfectly put in a little box under the ground, it was too much. I hope that no mother will ever go through this. I never understood the emotions of a miscarriage, but now i know. There is nothing stronger than a mothers love for her children,
I just read yur post I know it been 5 yrs since u post this , but I just lost my baby at 16 wks as well. It extremely hard for me. Me and my husband been trying for over 5 -6 yrs so when I find out I was pregnant it meant the world to us. I'm scared because I don't want this to happen to me again. By the days go by I'm getting better. I just have to keep praying
my water broke at 18wks and the doc said they would watch me closely to see if there was any chance that that the sac would reseal itself. Two days later I went into labor giving birth to my son who did not survive. I too was diagnosed with PCOS. I was so devastated.
i recently lost my baby too at 15 weeks and 3 days...i went to pee and my water just burst suddenly went to the hospital and they took so long to see me by time they did they told me my baby had died...i had to have him naturally and then the did a D and C...i wonder if there was something they could have done to save my baby. i am so fearful to have another child in the future because they have no reason why it happened just telling me it happens to everyone. i am so sad and angry because i have no answers and to deliver my baby and he is dead makes me hurt so much...i think of all he could be and it hurts so much because my family and friends were so excited to meet him.
Hi everyone I was 16 weeks. I went in for an u/s and they tolme
that they didn't see or hear a heart beat, but also there was no flour around the baby. I am still greaving the passing of my baby. I had my baby cremated and brought home with me,cause the anatomy board wanted to wait until next year to Barrie my baby and excuse me but I said hell NO! I WANT LET MY BABY SIT THAT LONG....WTH!
My waters broke at 16 weeks too I chose to wait but ended up giving birth to a tiny but perfect little boy on the 22/3/12 I'm waiting for my follow up appointment which is next week to see if I can get answers I hope your ok and got the answers you needed I'm still finding it hard an can't bring myself to go to he's grave till I know it wasn't my fault
well i am so sorry for you loss but i totally understand what you are going through i had to delivery my baby friday may 18th when i should have been celebrating from the ultrasound.  we had an ultrasound schedualed for wednesday to do anatomy scan and find out what baby was and instead they did the scan kept digging the wand into me and said nothing to me for almost 45 mins then i asked her what is wrong and i had only seen very little on the screen but was noticing that she was trying very hard to find a heart rate.  the following day i think oblivious to what had happened i went to work and noticed all day something wasnt quite right and i was having some pain and abnormal discharge color change i called my midwife to find out she was trying to contact me all day to redo the ultrasound in hospital when she informed me they didnt find a heart rate. unfortunatly i had to wait til friday morning to get it done as hospital was closed.  i am very upset as i went to hospital after a night of praying for everything to be ok.  the hospital radiologist confirmed the baby had passed away sometime in the last three weeks. i was supposed to be 20 weeks that day but baby only measured around 15 weeks.  so i had to go to emerg and had ob insert medication to the cerivix so the body could pass the baby naturally.  It was the worst experience ever to me i had to delivery  my baby that could fit in the palm of your hand. then to my surprise the doctor told us that the baby was a boy..my boyfriend and i both have 2 daughters and prayed the whole five months to hear those words unfortunatly it was only after him passing away i find this out.
I am having a really hard time dealing with this i feel empty and alone, my spouse has been wonderful but sometimes i have a hard time explaining to him how i am feeling.  
we have decided to move forward and he offered to have another baby if  i wanted. and i immediatly responded yes.  i am awaiting results on his autopsy results to find out why he is gone and i am empty emotionally and physically. if you have been throught this please respond.
I'm so sorry for your loss I am 16 weeks pregnant and have had some light bleeding went to the ER last might babies heartbeat was there and they did a US to make sure the baby was okay and he/she was. Went to the doctor today and the heartbeat was still good doctor referred me to a sepcialist to find out what could be causing it. She said it might be cause my placenta is too close to my cervix I don't have any cramping or anything at all. I am at a loss of words for you hun! I feel the same way as you though about what's going on with me I'm confused as to why it's happening ..
Hey im in my 16th week and today since morning my legs have been hurting and i have been having slight cramps too the i went to the bathroom to pee and a bit of discharge like fluid came out of me but it had pink reddish blood... It just came out that once and stopped the again after a few hours when i went to pee . I saw my baby on the 31st and he was almost 15 weeks heartbeat normal and big enough to tell its a boy ... Do i need to worry about this as i am not bleeding but its gel le fluid with pink red blood or brownish blood
i was sixteen pregnant when my baby died. i am also afraid to try again as the same thing might happen. i dont know what to do
Well 18 months later I surprisingly fell pregnant again.  After my late miscarriage at 16 weeks in 2011 they put me on aspirin following testing that I have some issues with my blood clotting too much plus in turns out my little guy had Down syndrome so it could have been any of these. I started bleeding this time at 6 weeks...that's pregnancy number 4. It's hard but not much harder then before.  I'm glad if I was going to lose this one that it was sooner rather then later. Later is way too hard.  I still have all my questions for God that probably won't get answered this side of heaven...I'm trying to accept that now.  oh i was on progesterone with my longest lasting pregnancy throughout the 1st trimester for you older mom's out there. For #4, I was with a new doctor since I've moved to far away to go to the last doc and I forgot to mention it.  Maybe it would have made the difference maybe not.  God bless and keep all of you who have suffered these losses recent and not so recent.

I have read that bacterial vaginosis, a rather common infection that is somewhat along the lines of a yeast infection can cause premature rupture of membranes, premature labor and premature birth. Sometimes women have symptoms and sometimes they don't. I ended up in the ER at 13 weeks (with contractions!) because of this; they gave me an antibiotic and within a day the contractions went away. I had no other symptoms. I shudder to think what may have happened if I hadn't done something about it. This is my 4th pregnancy and the first couple days I just thought that perhaps they were stronger Braxton-Hicks contractions, but they didn't stop for about 4 days so I went in upon recommendation of my doctor on the weekend. The doctor's office can test for this bacterial infection. I caution all women who think they may have this issue to do something about it when you are pregnant. When you aren't pregnant, for a lot of women it isn't a big deal and doesn't cause any symptoms. During pregnancy, it's a big deal.