Miscarriage at 18 weeks?
Hi everyone. I had a miscarriage at 18 weeks three weeks ago. I started bleeding on 9/23, went to ER and they did an ultra sound and tested my blood for the pregnancy hormone. The ultra sound was fine. There were no placenta problems and my blood was fine. The bleeding continued along with period like cramps for two more days. The 25th I went to my obgyn. He didn't examine me because the bleeding had turned into more of a discharge. The cramps continued too. That night the cramping got worse and I realized I was in labor. By the time I got to the ER there was nothing anyone could do. I had to have a D&C to have the placenta removed. The doctors said they have no idea what caused this. I was just wondering if anyone else ever experienced anything like this and if they did did you ever find out what happened. I also have one child and had no problems with that pregnancy.
i am so sorry for your loss.
I am so sorry. We miscarried around the same date, but I was only 7 weeks along. One of the only thing that gave me any comfort in this whole ordeal was that someone told me, just remember God doesn't make mistakes.  You're in my prayers.
How sweet, I agree 100%.
So sorry to hear about your loss. Reading your story, reminded me of what happened to us, except that we were at 15 weeks when we miscarried in August. Did they check your cervix at all? I've read that 2nd trimester losses are USUALLY (not always) a result of incompetent cervix. They didn't check mine (before the m/c) and now I'm wishing they had, and I will get my doc to do so my next pg. Best of luck to you in this hard time of grieving, and in the future as well. :)