Miscarriages Community
Miscarriage

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Miscarriage

I found out I was pregnant on Saturday 1/14/12 after two positive pregnancy tests.  I began to have mild cramping and spotting on Monday. My b/f told me I need to go to a doc so I went.  There they confirmed I was pregnant and sent me to the hospital for blood work and an ultrasound. Nothing could be seen since I am around 4-5 weeks pregnant.  my Beta HCG levels were at a 76 and my doc did tell me he strongly thought I was miscarrying. I was told to come back in two weeks for more blood tests.  I began bleeding with mild cramping Tuesday and continuing till Thursday where the cramps became moderate and the bleeding became heavier.  Friday cramping stopped and the bleeding lessened.  I am still bleeding today with cramping every once in a while but I have lost all my pregnancy signs like bloating and breast tenderness.  I took another pregnancy test because I just do not want to wait two weeks for a doctor to tell me what is going on.  My test came back negative but like an hour later a faint second line showed up.  I do not know if i can trust this second line.  This is my first pregnancy and I am scared as to what is going on. My b/f and I did not plan to get pregnant but we wanted to keep the baby since we do want kids we just weren't expecting to have kids this soon.  I just want a definite answer or a very good likely hood answer.  I have been searching the internet for 4 days now. If i am miscarrying when can I expect the bleeding to stop completely? Why did he pregnancy test say positive like an hour later (I bought the first response kind too like I used Saturday)? Is there any way possible I could still be pregnant?
I'm really sorry, but it does sound like a miscarriage.  And about the test, if it's negative then you should not read it after 10 minutes bc they can turn positive and give you a false positive result. That happened to me with a first response a few cycles back.  Another thing too, is that even when you miscarry it takes some time for the hcg level to go back to 0, so you can get positive results even after you miscarry.  With my last miscarriage, I had a positive pregnancy test for almost 2 weeks after I miscarried.  

Again, I'm really sorry.  
Oh, and about the bleeding, it's different for eveyone and for every miscarriage.  With my first one, I think I bled and/or spotted for 6 weeks, but with my 2nd and 3rd miscarriage, I bled for about a week.