Missed Abortion??
I am not really sure what to ask...I just have so many questions and no answers.  I found out that i was pregnant in early Sept.  The pregnancy seemed very normal, I had my first sono at 6.5 weeks and I could see and hear the heartbeat.  I went to the Dr. for my 17 week check up and heard the hb again...155 beats.  10 days later we had our next sono.  I was 18 wks and 3 days, no hb and my baby stopped growing at 14 wks.  I had felt movement, heard the hb, everything seemed normal.  NO bleeding, NO cramps....NOTHING.  I had to go in for a D & C the next morning, and now I am just confused and at a loss.  The dr. said the "products of conception" were sent to the lab and I should have results in about 10 days.  What do they check for?  Do they actually find out what happened?  My husband wants to try again right away but I am not sure if that is safe either.  ??  Any help would be really appreciated.  Thanks for reading.
I'm so sorry for your loss.  I have had 2 m/c, both much earlier than yours, and neither with any hb.  I can barely imagine what you are feeling.  I imagine they will test for chromosomal abnormalities or genetic defaults.  As for ttc right away, it's very personal issue between you and your husband, and there are many things to take into account.  If you don't want to try again only because you are worried it may not be safe, the best thing to do is talk to your Dr.  Almost all of us on here have been given different advice, but  lot of our situations are only similar on the surface.  A lot of women heal much faster physically than emotionally.  If you do not feel ready emotionally than you should take all the time you need to make sure you do heal enough that you are ready.  It can be added stress trying again after a m/c.
Talk to your husband and support each other, include your Dr if you are worried about physical safety.  And if you ever need any support or more understanding than he may be able to give you are always welcome here.  The ladies help everyone out as much as they can.
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.  Everything is just very confusing right now.  This was my 4th pregnancy and seemed just like all the others.  I guess i am hoping that when the test results come back they provide some closure or help with the healing. This all just happened on Monday and physically I feel fine which is also hard to deal with.  
Im so confused too. I went for an ultrasound 2 weeks ago and all they could see was a sac and a yolk, i am due for another scan in 3 days to find out either way.They have given me a 50/50 chance, they said i could be in my early stages, which could be possible because I have a very long cycle (every 2-3 months). If you find anything else out please let me know as i am so confused.
I am so sorry for your loss.  I know this has to be terrible.  I am almost 18 weeks, and I still worry about the same thing.  When they do the pathological tests, they look for any type of genetic/ chromosomal abnormality as well as issues with the placenta.  Any of these things could cause a m/c.  Depending on what they find in these tests your dr may advise that you wait a while before ttc again, or he may say that it was a "fluke" and you are free to try whenever you feel ready.  I had a D&C in August, but I was only 11 weeks along.  No one warned me of the emotioal roller coaster that would follow as the hormones left my body.  I guess since I had really not experience a lot of emotional issues with my previous pregnancy I didn't expect it.  This is a very difficult time, and you will need people around to support you.  Even some great friends are at a loss for what to say in this type of situation.  Post anytime with a question, just to vent, or to let your emotions out.  Again I am sorry for your loss.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I have had several m/cs and one was at 19 wks and had a d and c. They did a pathology report and it was inconclusive. They could not find exactly why the baby died. I hope you are able to ger some closure. I hope you get your answer. I have found mine through knowing I did everything right I had genetic testing done early on in the pg went for routine pre-natal care I didn't drink smoke or do drugs I did everything right. I feel for myself personally it just wasn't meant to be. You are going to have alot of questions that need answers and alot of grief. I hope by joining our forum that you will feel as though you are not alone and that it is safe here to post any questions we would never discourage you at all. Most of us on here have been in your shoes in one way or another. I wish you a whonderful recovery. Right now just rest as much as possible and follow up with your dr and get your body back to 100%. I'm here if you need to talk. Take care.....Again I'm sorry for your loss...
Hugs,
AP