Mthfr
Hi I just want to know the treatment for mthfr homo c677t and homo a1298c in pregnancy my doc has me on 0.5mg of folic acid and nothing else I'm 8 weeks and worried any help will be greatly appreciated
I too have MTHFR, heterozygous, forgot which genes are affected. I was diagnosed only at 20 weeks when pregnant with my boy, they had me take 4 grams of folic acid/day until delivery time. And 1 baby aspirin/day - that I was already taking on my own, I took it until almost delivery time.
Due to me being homozygous should I be on a higher dose than 0.5mg? The homo c677t is apparently the worst strand and the a1298c is the 3rd worst which I have also. I am 24 and have a history of miscarriages and pe's I'm so confused. Thanks for your reply
E,

Are you on Lovenox or baby aspirin for this pregnancy?  
No hollyTH im not only 0.5mg of folic acid
Samie,

How is everything going?  I am crossing my fingers for you.  You might want to ask your doctor about L-methylfolate.  Because you are homozygous for the MTHFR polymorphism (the most severe form of the mutation) you have a very limited ability to break down synthetic folic acid.  This puts you at risk for folate deficiency related pregnancy complications.  When women with repeat pregnancy loss are put on folic acid they are usually given 4 mg (10 times the normal dose) because you aren't able to properly absorb it.  NeevoDHA contains L-methylfolate as an alternative to folic acid.  It bypasses the MTHFR polymorphism and is 7 times more bioavailable than folic acid.  It is something simple and safe you can do to be certain folate deficiency is not an issue during your pregnancy.  I hope you pregnancy is happy, healthy and uncomplicated.  Best of luck to you Samie!
Hi holly,
I have made it to 10 weeks and looking good thank you for your comment I appreciate it greatly. I have been to get a second opinion and my new doc has me on 5mg of folic acid and 100mg of asprin.
I will be monitored closely with numerous ultrasounds etc also amnio.
I will keep in touch I next go on the 6th so fingers crossed.
Thanks again holly ox
I am so glad to hear that.  I hope everything continues to go so well and I'm glad you got a second opinion.  I will keep my fingers crossed!
Oops I meant 4 mg of folic acid, not 4 grams!
Ecological
I did presume that :) did he aspirin make you feel queezy? A few hours after I take it I feel Ill don't know if it is just coincidence though
No, I never had problems with the aspirin. You are taking baby aspirin (81 mg), right?
I am taking 100mg of aspirin just over the counter type
My doctors had recommended only the baby aspirin, they had told me I should not take more... ask your doctor for his/her opinion on that topic!
My doctor spoke to the specialist and he is the one that recommended 100mg they all say something different )
Hi ladies just an update I'm now 16 weeks and things are looking good, we had a 4d scan done just the other day and it's a boy we are so excited I'm keeping up with the folate and aspirin so it looks like that's what was needed to carry our final bundle this far .... Thanks again for thd support and hopefully I'll b back in a few months with name news :)
I am hetero for MTHFR and take a low dose aspirin, a Rx folbic pill and an injection of lovenox every day. I am 24 and this is my first pregnancy. There is a history of miscarriages in my family and my oldest sister lost her daughter (she has factor V and MTHFR).
My team if doctors at monitoring me and my blood counts/levels ever 3-4 weeks.