Miscarriages Community
Need Help - incomplete miscarriage

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Need Help - incomplete miscarriage

My wife is 27. On 30.12.2010 she had a miscarriage. She was 10 weeks pregnant. In the 9-th week the baby even had a heart reaction, but when we wen`t to see a doctor in the 10-th week the the baby was dead.
The doctor told us that she needs to have an abortion-missed miscarriage, so on 31.12.2010 we went to a hospital and she had an abortion. She was bleeding for 1-2 days and then it stopped. The doctor prescribed her antibiotics and some drops called Methylergomethrin. We went to see a doctor again on 03.01.2011 and he saw her on ultrasound and told us that there is a piece of the placenta that stayed in the uterus-womb (16 mm) and that she needs another abortion (revision) - incomplete miscarriage. On 05.01.2011 we went to a hospital again and she had revision - abortion. She was bleeding again for 1-2 days and that was all.The doctor again prescribed her antibiotics and the same drops. After few days we went in for a check and on ultrasound the doctor told us that there is a piece of blood-lump that stayed inside of uterus and prescribed her injection Methylergomethrin (one in the morning-one in the evening) for 4 days so that she can get that blood lump out. She didn't bleed at all all of this time. On 13.01.2011 we went to see a doctor again and he told us that the blood is still there and that she will need another revision - abortion to take it out. We couldn't believe what we are hearing. We went to a private clinic and a doctor saw us on the ultrasound and saw  the lump. He said to come back on 19.01.2011 to check it out again and if is still there we will have another revision or hysteroscopy - we will see then.
We don't know what to do. Did anyone had this kind of experience?
Please tell us what to do. We really want to have a baby - but we are afraid that the doctors may harm her uterus-womb. Thanks
If this were me, I would be extremely upset with the Dr.'s that performed the initial D&C.  This does happen, however for it to happen twice with the same patient...I would be very upset.

It is important that that tissue not remain there.  This can cause infection and other problems long term.  Also, to have 3 d&c's is not a huge concern.  I have had 3 (3 seperate occasions, not with one loss) and have no problems.  I would most definately see another Dr.  That tissue does need to come out, but I would find someone who is more diligent.

I am so sorry you are going through this.  Miscarriage is hard enough without the extra physical and emotional toll an experience like yours brings.  But the good news is that having had one miscarriage does not increase your chances of a second.  Even with the d&c's, there is every reason to believe the two of you will have a successful pregnancy in the future.  I had 2 d&c's prior to having my son, so don't worry too much about that.  But do see a different Dr. if you are able.  Take care.

The tissue is out but there is still some kind of blood lump.  Is that the same or not?
Hard to say.  It could still be tissue or it could be a blood clot.  Either way, it does need to come out.  You may find she starts to bleed, perhaps even heavy bleeding for a few days.  If it gets to where she is filling more then a pad an hour, please make sure she goes to the emergency room.  My last m/c was an incomplete and that is what happened, which is why I had the d&C.  It might be necessary one more time, but I would find a different Dr.  Is she having any pain?
No she has no pain, and she is not bleeding.
I am honestly not sure what to tell you except that I would never ignore Dr.`s advice.  If it doesn`t clear up on it`s own it does sound like she will need another D&C.  D&C`s fortunately have a very low rate of complication and most women have no problem conceiving after one or more of them.  As I mentioned, I had two prior to having my son, and just had a third recently.  I would see a different Dr. though, I would not have a lot of confidence in a Dr. that requires 3 for a single loss.  I wish you both well.
I guess you didn't notice what I wrote before ("We went to a private clinic and a doctor saw us on the ultrasound and saw  the lump. He said to come back on 19.01.2011 to check it out again and if is still there we will have another revision or hysteroscopy - we will see then". The first two times I was at one kind of doctor and this third time I'm at another doctor at the private hospital. He want`s to make an histeroscopy.
Sorry, I must have misunderstood.  That's great that she is seeing another Dr.  I have never heard of anyone requiring mulptiple d&c's for one loss.  Sounds like you have done the right thing.  I'm sorry you two have had to go through this, and I hope it is resolved soon.  I do want to reiterate though...you were worried about this harming her uterus.  It shouldn't.  Rarely is there a complication of that sort.  
We will go for a checkup on Wednesday and see what will happen.
We saw the doctor today. He saw her on ultrasound and it was better. The endometrium was getting better. He said that we need to wait and see will the blood lump go out when she gets her period. She will get it for about 2-3 weeks. He said that there is no need of histeroscopy and that maybe it will go out by it self and if don`t go out we will than make a histeroscopy. I`m not sure is it a good idea to wait or should we insist that he make a histeroscopy.
Any suggestions?
Today we saw the other doctor and he said that everything is fine and that the blood is gone and endometrium is rebuilding it self.
It was a great news - thank god. We need to see him again when she gets her period.
Thanks for everything. Buy
I'm so happy to hear all worked out.  What an ordeal you two have been through!!  Good luck, I hope your wife is pregnant again soon and wish her a healthy and smooth pregnancy.  Take care.
Thanks for the kind words. Thanks for everything.
We had a histeroscopy 6 months ago. She had a spiral for two months so her walls of the endometrium won`t stick together. Everything is just fine now. She had her period regularly and we are trying again so she can get pregnant again. We are trying for 4 months and still nothing. What to do now? The doctor said everything is fine now. She is healthy. Any suggestion?