Miscarriages Community
New to the site & looking for friends :)

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Hello I have just joined the forum 2/14/10. My husband & I were trying for a baby for over 2 years. We are both extreamly healthy, we don't smoke or drink.  We went to see a fertility specialist in December 2009. In January 2010 we found out I was 6 weeks pregnant!!! We were the happiest people alive our hopes & prayers for a child were answered. The worry of Large Fertility expenses (we could not afford) was over, or so we thought! Unfortunately we suffered a long painful miscarriage recently which has shattered all our dreams. Is anyone else in a similar situation to us, I would really like to hear from you. Thank you Rachel
Hi Rachel. I'm so sorry for your loss. I never really had any fertility problems but i'm all to familiar with shattered dreams. Did the specialist run any test or start you on any meds or did you conceive on your own? I know how hard a loss is, i've had several and am currently TTC. My last loss was in Dec. but I refuse to give up on my dream. If theres anything I can help you with please feel free to let me know.      
Lori
I know exactly how you feel. We had been trying for 5 yrs and finally got the amazing news in Jan that we were pregnant. All was shattered when they found nothing at our 7 wk scan. Turned out to be an ectopic pregnancy. Needed emergancy surgery and had left tube removed, so now we have to start trying all over again and have only 80'/, chance of pregnancy. Our dream of being parents seems to be slipping away. So I know what it's like to have dreams shattered.
Thank you very much for your replies I am very grateful for any support.

I have not had many tests done yet by the fertility clinic but I do know I have PCOS and do not Ovulate on a regular basis I was diagnosed with this when I was in my early 20's and my husband has a very low sperm count, so to become pregnant was Amazing!!!  I went for a routine Check up and discovered I was pregnant. I had never been Pregnant before, so I presumed my symptoms were due to my (usual) never on time period. We were totally shocked but the happiest people on earth.
The loss has hit us both very hard but we want to try try again.