Miscarriages Community
PPD with Miscarriage?

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

PPD with Miscarriage?

Is it possible to suffer Post pardum depression after having a fetal demise?  I have had several (7) miscarriages and 2 beautiful kids.  After my kids I suffered from ppd, but never really after the miscarriages.  Last week  I had to have a d&E because of a loss at 17 weeks (the farthest along I have miscarried) and I am really having a hard time. I feel irrational, and crazy and I am worried I might be suffering from ppd again..but I am not sure if that is even possible.  Even just typing this out I wonder if it makes any sense... any ideas?
Hi there,

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I don't know what ppd feels like - I haven't had the "pleasure" - but, I have had 2 miscarriages and the feelings sound the same.  You just lost another baby and this last one was far along.  Its normal to feel all those emotions and more.  I remember being depressed then angry and then blaming myself.  I went through a gamut of emotions and it took months to get over the m/c's.   Remember - all those hormones are still in your body - it will take time for your body and your heart to heal.  I wish you a speedy recovery - my thoughts are with you.  
Yes it is completely possible.  You were 17 weeks which is pretty far along and you bascially delivered the baby and you will have all of the hormonal changes that go along with such.  You are also going through the pain of greiving the loss of the baby as well I am sure.  You are not going "crazy".  Your emotions are validated and at this point, I think you need some time to work through everything.  I would say that if you still feel this way a few months out then you should seek medical advice.  But otherwise, you need time for your hormones to settle and to grieve your loss.  I am so sorry for your loss.