Miscarriages Community
Pains after d&c

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Pains after d&c

Did anyone have pains like muscle cramps in their vagina near their cervix after having a d&c? I had a d&c Monday and today I am having this weird cramped pain?
I had cramps and sharp pains. It was all very nerve wracking.  At times I had little to no bleeding and at others it was heavy.  They do dialate your cervix to perform the d&c so you will probably feel some effects from that.
I have had 4 D&C, and the recovery has been a little different each time.  Yes, I have had cramping in that area.  During a D&C, your cervix is dialated, and that can often cause cramping.  It should not be any stronger then what tylenol or ibuprofen can deal with.  Also, if there is any burning sensation when you urinate, or a funny smell, see your Dr. right away.  If the cramping gets worse, or is stronger then what simple over the counter pain meds can take care of, also see your Dr.  It is very very rare for their to be complications with a D&C, but from time to time an infection can occur.  

I'm sorry for your loss, and wish you well.
Thank you all and I appreciate it. Today the pain has subsided but I am bleeding a little heavier. I have had a d&c before but it was for irregular periods, not a miscarriage. This time seems so different.
The bleeding should not be increasing.  Please seek medical intention.  A week post d&c and it is almost impossible to be having your first menstrual period, and the bleeding should be subsiding, not increasing. I think you need to be looked at.  Take good care.
Tomorrow I will call a doc because I am bleeding a little heavier today than I was yesterday. I am not bleeding as heavy as a period but it is getting closer.
Thank you by the way.
I had a D&C last December and I bled for two weeks afterwards and had cramping that whole time. I went into the hospital twice but there was really nothing that they did except monitor the needing and give me pain medication. They basically said that everyone's body is different and even though it is not usual to bled that long that everything was ok