Miscarriages Community
Please help. Worried about incompetent cervix.

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Hi there. I am 14 weeks pregnant. I saw my doctor yesterday and she suggested that I should have my cervix check later on because I had three D&Cs in the past and this could lead to a incompetent cervix. To tell you the truth I just started to enjoy my pregnancy now that I am in the second trimester but the thing about incompetent cervix worries me. I thought early D&Cs do not affect future pregnancies. Has anyone had multiple D&Cs in the past and has ended up having healthy pregnancies later on. Please share your knowledge and stories with me . I am so worried.Thank you.
Hi Lola, I am currently going through the same thing. I had a miscarriage in Nov at 18 weeks due to rupture of the membranes. Now, I am about 13 weeks pregnant and considering a cerclage just in case there is something wrong with my cervix. You can talk to your doctor about it and see if the procedure is  ideal for you. if you have an incompetent cervix, the stiching will help. Right now, doctors say i dont need it as everything looks good but I will be having the procedure done anyway just to play it safe. Right now, I just want a peace of mind. let me know if you have any questions. Good luck. : )