Miscarriages Community
Possible ectopic pregnancy???

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Possible ectopic pregnancy???

Hello, I am 29 years old and my husband and I just found out (about 8 days ago) that we are pregnant. I had an ectopic pregnancy in december 2002 which was discovered after I went to the emergency room for severe abdominal pain. They did emergency surgery to remove the fetus and also had to remove a small piece of my left tube. Since I have the history of the EP my current doctor has been watching my progress closely. Whenever I talk to anyone at the office it feels like they are treating me like they think there is a problem with my pregnancy. My LMP was 12/22/10. My first beta on 1/19/11 was 137 hcg, second on 1/21/11 was 254 hcg, and my most recent test from 1/24/11 was 737 hcg. Do these numbers seem strange? I talked to the office today and they want me to come in for another test on Friday 1/29/11. They want the hcg to reach 3,000 before I have my first ultrasound. Should I be worried this pregnancy is another ectopic? Thanks in advance for your feedback!
I forgot to mention that my progesterone was 12.8 the first time they tested it. The dr. immediately put me on 200mg of prometrium twice a day. I feel fine, no spotting, but I am worried because my hcg seems low. Any comments would be greatly appreciated:)
Everything sounds fine.  It is normal to monitor a pregnancy a bit more closely after an etopic pregnancy.  Your numbers sound perfectly normal, and you are not having any spotting, or abdominal pain correct?  Good luck, but honestly, they don't mess around with etopic.  If they were truly concerned, they would not be waiting for you to hit 3000 to do an ultrasound.  They can usually see a sac through transvaginal ultrasound earlier then that, which would rule out etopic.  So it doesn't sound like they are overly concerned, just being dilligent.  Best of luck to you.
Thanks for your comment adgal! I just had my first ultrasound today and according to my LMP I was exactly 5 weeks 5 days. They located the pregnancy in my uterus!!! They were only able to see the gestational sac and the yolk sac but the radiologist said everything looked great and the next time I come for an u/s they should be able to see the fetal pole and heartbeat. I am so relieved:)