Miscarriages Community
Pregnancy After Methotrexate?

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Pregnancy After Methotrexate?

Can someone tell me who have had Methotrexate and concieved one to two months after if you had a miscarriage or a healthy pregnancy? I Just had methotrexate aon may 9th and bled for a week and 30 days later AF is here to visit like normal. So does this mean I can start to try again? I talked to a pharmacist and he sayd after a few days the Methotrexate is out of your system. I have been taking Prenatals for the last 3 weeks and wont Ovulate for another two can anyone give me there stories?
Avatar n tn
Hi Kayla,

I had an ectopic in May diagnosed @ 7 weeeks and received MTx a couple of weeks ago.  I have PCOS and the fertility Dr seemed to think as soon as my cycle was back to "normal", I can start treatment again, mind you I don't have a cycle but he seemed to think one month was long enough, but the obs reg treating the ectopic were insistant on not getting pg for at least 3 months.  I don't know which is right but I am going on the side of caution and waiting 3 months, I don't want to risk losing another embryo.
Good Luck.
Leah