Miscarriages Community
Pregnant after D&C???

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Pregnant after D&C???

Hello all. I sort of have a silly question, but..... Is it possible that you can STILL be pregnant AFTER having a D&C? They thought that I miscarried, and did a D&C; however, I am still not getting my period and I have NO SIGNS of it. Also, my stomach is a bit swollen and my urine is very very dark. I know the first thing people would say is "Take a Test", but couldn't it be a false neg/pos since I miscarried?

Thanks for any info/advice/experiences anyone can share.

TS
How long ago did  you have your D&C?  It can take 6 weeks or so for your period  to return.  After mine I found out 4 weeks later that my levels didn't return to 0 because I had retained tissue.  So, I was never going to get my period until the retained tissue was removed.  

Also, it is possible to ovulate before you get your period, so there is a chance of getting pregnant again before your period.  If you take an HPT and test positive, you should get a blood test to determine if it is new or "left over."
As for STILL being pregnant after a D&C  i am going to say the answer is no, but there is a potability one can get pregnant again after the D&C and before her next AF (aunt flow)
as waiting21 said, it can take longer than 4 weeks to start your fist AF. also it can take quite a few weeks for the hCG hormone to leave your body in the first place and you wont ovulate until it does. if you were even a week or even four weeks after a D&C you might get a positive but it really is the hCG that has not left your body for the first pregnancy.  but also one can get pregnant before there first AF arrives.
as for your urine being dark... are you drinking enough water? is there a chance you have an infection?
its been 7 weeks since my D&C.  4 weeks after i got very bad period cramps with no period. turns out that my cervix had closed because of the D&C procedure and the blood had no way out, causing the pain. the Dr had to go in and open it. I should be due for AF on the 7th.
let us know what the outcome is! we aren't experts but if you have any more questions there are many ladies on here willing to help as much as they can.