Miscarriages Community
Pregnant after tubal ligation with miscarriage

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

I am recently new to this site and have found reading your stories help me through the day.  I wanted to know if anyone had a story similar to mine.  I recently found out that I am having a miscarriage which is a total shock because I had my tubes tied, cut and burnt almost 6 years ago.  I never imagined I could get pregnant, and never thought I wanted another baby.  But here I am depressed because I lost a baby that was not supposed to exist.  Everyone around tends to think I should be relieved that the miscarriage is happening and that I found out early.  I only feel terrible.  I started miscarring last week and bleed for 4 days, my hCG levels were 70 and then 76 two days later.  The DR said I was losing the baby and could also be an ectopic so I have to return until the levels are at zero.  I had a new level of 59 this week.   Dr. said it may take longer and to keep coming back.  I wanted to know if anyone else has ever had a normal pregnancy after a tubal ligation and miscarriage.  The are a number of blogs about having babies after a tubal but nothing similar to my situation.  The Dr. only wants to talk about future birth control and how to prevent this from happening again.  He doesn't even know any specifics about my tubes.  I feel like I can't talk to him.  Please help if you have any comments or suggestions I would love to talk to someone.  
Oh wow. I'm so sorry for your loss. That is terrible...You are in the right place though. The ladies on here are amazing and are such a great support. I don't know of anyone that has had this happen so I can't help you there. I hope someone will be able to give you some info.
I have never heard of a situation similar to yours, but I can understand the feelings of not realizing you wanted a baby until you lost it.  My DH and I tried for years to get pregnant and it was a shock when we finallydid...we had pretty much given up, then when we lost it, all I could think about was having a baby again.  It was like something just totally clicked and I KNEW that it was meant to be even more than I ever thought possible.  I wish you the best and hope someone here has some answers for you.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine how you feel. I have never known anyone who has shared your experience I had a very close friend whose dh had a vasectomy and got pg. I'm sorry I can't be of more help. Of course you are going to be upset that is a natural side affect of having a m/c wether it was a planned pg or not. I hope maybe someone else on here has some experience with tubal ligation and can maybe help you more. I'm glad you posted in our forum and Welcome to the miscarriage community. I wish you a healthy and quick recovery. If you need to talk I'm always here for you!!

AP-Community Leader
I know how u feel bc in 2002 i got pregrent and had a still born when i had my tubial in 2001 and now i want a baby so bad and i dont know how to go about it but i am still tring to find out...
I've actually had 2 miscarriages, one 5 years ago and 1 this month and I had my tubes tied(found out they just used plastic clamps) 6 years ago. I'm feeling depressed after this last one so I know how you feel. Unfortunately I couldn't get into my dr to have it medically confirmed though but in my heart I knew both times.Both times had tests come back positive only to have them come back negitive a couple weeks later
I would love to know the answer to this as well.  I had a tubal ligation 9 years ago after my third child.  6 years ago I got pregnant and they said it was in my tubes and did surgery.  I was really hurt because I thought I didn't want more kids, but this had me thinking. Last week I found out I was pregnant again but only after I started miscarrying.  This really has me saddened because now my husband and I really want another child and are not sure if a normal pregnancy will be possible.  My doctor only wants to talk to about doing surgery to prevent me from getting pregnant in the future, but this is not what I want.  I went to the doctor on yesterday and my levels had gone down to 27.  I am just not sure what to do.  If anyone else has experienced this please share.
I found this thread based on google-ing my own experience. I see this thread is old and would love an update on where you stand at this time. Any help from Doctors, any pregnancies. I had a tubal ligation after the birth of our 3rd child in 2008. In early 2012. I know I had a miscarriage. I KNOW I did. I never took a pregnancy test, because it did not occur to me what was happening until it was too late. I even found what I know what the embryo during my bleed. I just kept going back and looking at it for hours when I thought to snap a pic. I showed the picture to my new Dr. her face was shocked, but she treated me like I was a little crazy. Now, almost 2 years later I struggle with feeling crazy. I was convinced I was done having children, but knowing I had a miscarriage that no one would acknowledge is still an emotional let down. I don't know if it was ectopic,but made it's way out, or if there was some other failure. I would like to go have the dye test done, but frankly, I am a little afraid of the results.
Hello to one and all I had my tubes tied four years ago, my period was late so I took pregnancy test and to my surprise it was positive I was happy about having another baby I have two which is a boy and girl but I always wanted four, come to find out I was micarrying I was sadden to the fact it happens but the way I look at it god noe's best.
Omg I had my tubes tied 10 yes ago and found out I was pregnant 2wks ago. I had a miscarriage right after I found out. I wanna another baby. I wld like to know if its possible?
I had a tubal ligation one year and four months ago  recently for the past 2 month i had been late on my period and was dealing all the pregnancy symptoms from my  second pregnancy. Nausea lightheaded very tender breast. And very tired. Down to the same moodyNess Thirteen days ago i got my period with lasted 13 days  with very painful cramps and heavy bleeding  that was dark at times but mostly bright with toe sized clots.  I believe i misscarried again since the first time i did was last December which was the exact same thing. Friday i see my doctor who usually acts like i am deranged. the worst part is not knowing if the next time you get pregnant your get lucky with a rural and have a healthy baby or you will be disappointed again.
I am currentlh having a miscarriage. We decided to.have my tubes done after our 3rd child. (Had the clamps put on) This was nearly 4 years ago. Knew something has been off for over.a month and when I was finally 5 days late I took a test. POSITIVE!!! Sooo elated. Took anotjer 2 days later, still positive but very faint. After that I started to bleed heavily along with cramping and nausea. Passed a tissuey clot Thanksgiving Day. Its an awful feelng to know that you were able to get pregnant after being.told you no longer could and tjen to just lose it. We are still holding onto hope though!
Can you have a miscarriage with a tubal being 17 years ago, and not know it?