Miscarriages Community
Pregnant and bleeding dark brown blood for 13 days

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

I have had 2 miscarriages and 1 ectopic in the past 3 years. I went to the ER 4 days ago because after what I thought was a period, I continued to bleed dark brown for a week. I wanted to make sure I was not having another ectopic. They told me I was about 2 weeks pregnant, which was odd, and that the US saw a gestational sac in my uterus as well as a cyst on my right ovary. My hcg levels were 1458. Dr. said this was exactly where they should be. Since that ER visit, I have continued to bleed dark brown every day. Last night I had severe sharp abdominal pains that I am thinking were the cyst rupturing. Have I had a miscarriage, am I going to, did a cyst rupture... I am so confused. My obgyn appt isn't for another 4 days and I am losing my mind with worry. Anybody went through having a cyst rupture during pregnancy?
I actually called my sister because she had and still has these issues.  She told me she had a cyst rupture during her second pregnancy.  (Her son is alive and well... that might bring you some hope!)  She said she actually had to have an ambulance come because the cyst rupturing pain was unbearable.  She also said during her pregnancy she didn't have anymore cysts.  In either situation I really think you should get in to see a doctor so they can monitor it closely.
Thank you so much for your quick reply. I have still continued to bleed today, the dark brown thick blood. It comes and goes throughout the day. The pain I felt yesterday has calmed thankfully. In my previous two miscarriages the bleeding was very bright red and heavy, which is why I feel it may have been my cyst leaking or rupturing this time rather than a miscarriage. I am trying to be optimistic but it's very difficult with my history. My dr. appt. isn't until Tuesday so I am forced to wait.
Brown blood is old blood.  I know how frustrating it can be, I bled brown/red from week 6 to about week 16 pretty much everyday.  Your doc told you that you are 2wks preg??  You don't usually see gestational sac until about week 5 or so.

Good luck!!!! I have everything crossed for you!!
Thanks! I thought the same thing and wanted to question him but I had already questioned him to death and just took his word. I think they were confused because I told them my lmp which I thought was 2/2 but it couldn't have been a period. The dates just didn't match up to what he was telling me. So I am thinking I was already preg and just started the bleeding. I don't know how I can be bleeding for over a week and still have good hcg levels and have a gestational sac. I'm so confused!
It was an ectopic in the same tube.. I had emergency surgery and they removed my fallopian tube completely :(