Miscarriages Community
Pregnant over 40? Pain and bleeding

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Pregnant over 40? Pain and bleeding

Hi, I'm a single and a complete basket case. I am 40 years old and had 100% complete unprotected sex 2 days before I ovulated. Needless to say, I began to have real or stress induced symptoms of possibly being pregnant. I took two HPT at 8 dpo and 12 dpo and both were negative. I became relieved until I was 4 days late for my period and I have a very regular 28 day cycle. I decided to take another HPT and when I arrived home that evening I found that I had started what I thought was my period. It was painful and very heavy, soaking a pad every hour and it lasted for 48 hours. It stopped yesterday and now I am having what I believe to be left ovary pain that is stabbing and electrical-like. It has been off and on all day...more on than off. Now I am paranoid. Am? Was? I pregnant? Is this gas/intestinal pain or is it truly ovary pain. I believe it is ovarian pain; however, I had a lot of gas when I thought I was pregnant. I really don't know what to do. I have also had some pretty bad lower back pain and weird spasms in the front of my neck. Oh, and I have a strange UTI-like sensation.(in other words its kinda like a phantom pain) No problems with urination or anything else, though. I'm sure that 98% of this must be stressed induced, but I am recently single and living in Europe. The pains are not "I wish I were dead" pain, but painful nonetheless.

Any suggestions? I don't know what to do. I have spent the day trying to write everything down in Spanish just in case I need to go to the hospital. Thanks in advance!
It is hard to tell if you were pregnant. Probably not if you tested negative at 12dpo although that is still early. Even if you were pregnant a miscarriage that early is normally not too major.

The ovary pain could be a cyst and many things can delay your period. If you start bleeding heavily or the pain in your ovary gets bad you should see a doctor. I have had what I thought was ovary pain turn out to be back related. The nerves travel everywhere.

Take care.