Miscarriages Community
Pregnant over 40? Pain and bleeding
About This Community:

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pregnant over 40? Pain and bleeding

Hi, I'm a single and a complete basket case. I am 40 years old and had 100% complete unprotected sex 2 days before I ovulated. Needless to say, I began to have real or stress induced symptoms of possibly being pregnant. I took two HPT at 8 dpo and 12 dpo and both were negative. I became relieved until I was 4 days late for my period and I have a very regular 28 day cycle. I decided to take another HPT and when I arrived home that evening I found that I had started what I thought was my period. It was painful and very heavy, soaking a pad every hour and it lasted for 48 hours. It stopped yesterday and now I am having what I believe to be left ovary pain that is stabbing and electrical-like. It has been off and on all day...more on than off. Now I am paranoid. Am? Was? I pregnant? Is this gas/intestinal pain or is it truly ovary pain. I believe it is ovarian pain; however, I had a lot of gas when I thought I was pregnant. I really don't know what to do. I have also had some pretty bad lower back pain and weird spasms in the front of my neck. Oh, and I have a strange UTI-like sensation.(in other words its kinda like a phantom pain) No problems with urination or anything else, though. I'm sure that 98% of this must be stressed induced, but I am recently single and living in Europe. The pains are not "I wish I were dead" pain, but painful nonetheless.

Any suggestions? I don't know what to do. I have spent the day trying to write everything down in Spanish just in case I need to go to the hospital. Thanks in advance!