Miscarriages Community
Sex after Miscarriage?

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Sex after Miscarriage?

ok so i stoped bleeding from my miscarriage for about a week now and i know i probly should have waited to have sex but i felt fine no bleeding no cramping nothing after the sex, but i guess i wanna know if its posable to do any damage buy having sex this soon? and is it posiable to get an infection from the seman?

thanks
elishaxx
The reason women are told to wait to have sex is because as long as the cervix is open you are more prone to infection.  My Dr. checked me 2 weeks after the m/c (a week after the bleeding stopped) and my cervix was closed again and she said I was fine foe everything (intercourse, baths, etc)  It's probably different for everyone, but I would think at this point you would be fine.  If you are very concerned you can always call your Dr for reassurance.
I also had sex a week after my miscarriage but I had a follow up the day before and she (the doctor) said it was fine to have sex, and she seen no reason why I couldn’t ttc again as I had a natural miscarriage and I didn’t need a d&c….i did find the first few times I was very sensitive and didn’t actually enjoy it too much, maybe it was my mind playing with me and my emotions.
I understand, I had miscarriage about 2 weeks ago, naturally didn't need a D&C. The bleeding has stopped for about 3 days now, the first time my husband and i had sex i was nerves but the last couple of times was wonderful! First time he pulled out the other times he stayed inside.