Miscarriages Community
Slow Fetal Heartbest

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Slow Fetal Heartbest

I was admitted to the ER for days ago @8w4d along.  I went in for severe abdominal pain and I was worried about my unborn.  They ran blood tests,  took cultures,  and has a sono tech come down.  They let me see my baby for the first time and measured him/her and the heartbeat.  My baby was 2cm long but only had a heart rate of 91bpm. The tech said it was strong but ounce been reading everything that that's concern for a miscarriage.  This is my first pregnancy and today I'm 9w1d and I don't see my OBGYN until I'm 9w6d.

Am I going to loose my baby?! :(

Any advice/knowledge please respond!
A slow heart rate is worth being concerned about.  I'm glad you will see your ob-gyn soon to ease your worries.
Went to my Ob-Gyn yesterday and had another sono.  My baby is doing amazingly well.  Heartbeat is at a rapid 154bpm and is exactly where he/she needs to be measuring at; 10weeks today (: Doctor told me not to worry about anything. I'm so thrilled to know my angel baby is healthy and I love being able to look at him/her anytime I want.

Btw, the Doctor says that every woman is different and most likely the heart had just started beating which is why it was so low.