Miscarriages Community
Started miscarrying today

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Started miscarrying today

I am terrified I have never gone through a miscarriage like this and I dont know what to expect.
My last miscarriage was at 16 weeks and was just like delivering a baby.How do I know what is normal for a miscarriage and what isnt.They told me if I was bleeding heavy to go back to the ER but what is defined as heavy.I have read 2 pads an hour and 3 pads an hour but I have also read that this is normal for a miscarriage.Can anyone please tell me what I should expect and about how long this can go on for?Thankyou
I am so sorry to hear you are miscarrying. I too just miscarried. It started on March 10th at 6:30pm. I was only 4weeks5days along. I bled really hard for about 36 hours. I went to the ER and my hcg level was only a 19. My doctor didn't want to tell me that I had for sure miscarried and suggested to take my hcg levels again today. I know for a fact that I did though, because I am not even producing a postivie on a HPT anymore:(.

Anyways, since my loss I have been reading numerous posts on miscarriage. It seems like the less further along you are, the faster and less painful it will be. Mine was like period cramps and I really think I would have never known anything had I not taken a pregnancy test.  My doctor defined heavy bleeding as filling up a nighttime pad in one hour. I would expect to bleed heavy for the first few days and then taper off to spot. How far along were you?

Again, Sorry for your loss.
I had one in novemeber at 4.5 weeks and it was like the worst period of my life. I curled up with a heating pad in bed but the worst of it was over in about 1 day and a half. At the worst i was going through 2 pads an hour but spent a lot of time crying and just bleeding on the toilet. Its awful, im so sorry... I'm having some weird things happen again this time around and am praying it is not another one =[. Expect to see lots of clotting,  I remember wiping and thinking I was going to bleed to death but a lot of blood is normal. I would say be worried if it was more than 3 an hour for more than 36 hours. I will be thinking of you. Bless you and your angel baby.
I was supposed to be 9 weeks along but during ultrasound they only found a gestatioal sac measuring 5 weeks 6 days.I havent had anything major happen yet but I am scared.I know it will happen I just do not know when.Thankyou for letting me know some of what is going to happen.