Miscarriages Community
Still bleeding 3 months after a d&c?

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Still bleeding 3 months after a d&c?

Hi, I had a d&c on 7th of january and I am still bleeding, my body is a total mess, I dont feel normal and am always emotional, wat is wrong with me, back to the doc's again on tues not tht it will do any good but I cant go on like this it is wearing me down:( Does anyone know why this is happening??
Tags: D&C
Sounds to me that not all of the fetal tissue was removed.  Your body still may have some in your uterus and it is messing with your hormones.  It is trying to expell it naturally but is not able to.  I would have them do a blood test to see if you have any hcg in your system.  Something does not sound right to bleed for that long after a D&C.
Hi, when you say you are bleeding do you mean a continuous red flow - sorry for the question only I had my D&C on the 25th Jan and I've had on and off spotting, mainly brown ever since.  I did have what I thought might be a period, but it was bright red spotting which lasted a week.  In all I've probably only had about 7 - 10 days with no discharge at all.  I also had an infection a week following the procedure which I took antibiotics for.

I've not had my hcg levels checked, it's not even been suggested but I have taken home pregnancy tests which all show negative so I can only assume all the hcg is out of my system.

Just wondered if your experience is similar to mine.
Hi, no I dont have a continuous flow its more like you as in spotting all the time everyday, Ive had 2 normal periods from the d&c the 1st 1 was horrendous but I was glad to see it, I think ive had a bout 4 days in total with no bleeding, its really getting me down, is it ever going to end! I had my hcg level tested about 2 mths ago and they just said to me that it is reducing? So I have another doctors app on tues and I am not leaving until I have been sorted out. I started the mini pill 2 days ago but it has made the bleeding worse, so I came off it as I cant take the normal pill im thinking about having the coil?
I'm as frustrated as you, the spotting actually stopped Friday night but then I had a bit more today :(.  I was thinking of the pill to try and get things sorted but worry that putting hormones in my body might just mess things up even more.  With the coil, I had a mirena twice now (after my 3rd child and after my 4th) and both times I spotted on and off for the first 6 months.

I'm now waiting to see if I get an AF in the next couple of days.  The Doc wasn't sure if the last episode was one or not as it was just spotting although it was bright red and not brown and it lasted 7 days before stopping - of course I then started spotting brown again only a couple of days after, grrrr.

I've not had any tests done at all which is really bugging me.  Going to have to make an appointment and start making demands i think.

Good luck at your appointment
I know how you feel its awful, it really puts ur life on hold, I have also gained half a stone from january which is not normal for me has that happened u at all? I know in myself that something is not rite and I will be looking answers 2mo!! I will let u know how it goes, Thanks:)
Strange you should mention weight, I have gained about 4lbs and also very bloated tummy.  I'm also incredibly tired.  Someone suggested I may have a low grade infection but if it was an infection then surely the discharge would be continuous with an odour?  I did have an infection a week after the D&C and the was awful, I was really poorly until the antibiotics kicked in.

It's not just the spotting thats frustrating it's not knowing if I'm due an AF or not, if I go by the date I had the continous red spotting and based on my pre pregnancy cycle then I'm due today - so far no show.

I had a D&C 17 years ago and had no problems after that at all.  Cycle came back right on schedule.  
Hey, went to doc 2day and she has given me another course of antibiotics and if they dont work another tablet, my tummy is still tender so she thinks my body is trying to expell something left in there:( this is a living nitemare for me, I just want to move on with my life!! I'll try these and if they dont work im gonna book an app with a private doc, how are u feeling?
Hi hon, I really hope this next lot of antibiotics do the trick for you.  I'm surprised they haven't sent you for an ultrasound but then a lot of things seem to surprise me with regard to the medical world nowadays!  Apart from a teeny bit of spotting the other day I've been ok, so keeping my fingers crossed.  
i had a miscarriage in june and had a d&c on june 10th. well now its aug. 27th and i have had two regular periods. but in between them i get days were i'll spot brown yuckky blood discharge. i don't get it why am i still spotting. its been almost 3 months. how long can this last? im starting to freak out a little. they said it could mess up my periods for a few months but c'mon. this brown stuff is gross i hate it!! please anyone if you've gone through this plz let me know. this was also my 2nd miscarriagge. my first one i was 6 weeks along and had a natural miscarriage. and this one i was almost 10 weeks. i didn't want to go through the agonizying natural miscarriage again especially being that much further along. so i had the dnc. please help. TM
I bleed for nine months straight i went from feb 22 till the end of Sept or Oct. i had to d and c feb 22 and march 16 i past my baby may 16 and still was bleeding i also got on birth controls and it didnt stop u was on three different ones and still nothing. The drs couldnt tell me why it was this way. i hope it dose stop its something thats hard.