Miscarriages Community
Still bleeding after miscarriage...?

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Still bleeding after miscarriage...?

On August 14, I was 11 wks pregnant and I went to the ER because I was experiencing some heavy bleeding. I had a pelvic exam and a sonogram and it turned out I had a blighted ovum. The bleeding has not stopped since and is very irregular. It varies from brown spotting, to heavy but brown, to heavy and bright red, as it is right now...
My question is: How long is the bleeding supposed to continue, and is it normal to have heavy bleeding and clots after this many weeks? Do I need a D&C?
Thank you for any advice you can give me.
My bleeding only lasted a little while after the levels started coming down and my body finally expelled everything.  

Have you been to the dr to see if your levels were coming down and at what rate?  You may have to get a D&C especially if your levels are not going down like they would like to see them.    

Most dr's will say that if you bleed through a pad in a hour or less than you need to been seen right away.  

Sorry to hear of your loss.
i would really like anybody to answer my issue,i found out on thursday i had miscarried at 9 weeks at hospital i decided to come home and let nature take its cause i have really stared bleeding heavily red clots and blood how long can i expect this to last.