Miscarriages Community
TTC after a miscarriage

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

TTC after a miscarriage

I had a miscarriage late January, I had my period 20th February. Me and my partner are TTC now,  do you think its too soon? We've both talking about it, and its what we both want.
I don't think its too soon. I had a miscarriage Oct 27th and then a d&c on Nov 2, got pregnant again in early December.
Quiet quick then, most people say wait three months but others say have a period or two... x
My doctor said to wait 2 cycles, I started having sex again when I could after my d&c and ended up with a conception date the day before my 21st birthday, I was waiting for another period and it never came so Jan 5th rolled around and I took a test, sure enough, it was positive. I believe in fate, if its meant to happen, it will, if not, well, it won't. :)
Hi I've had five mc and three ectopics in the past and I think you should be fine ttc this cycle. I've been told after my ectopics to wait two to three cycles because of the high chance of another ectopic and with my missed mc and the ones I've had d and c with to wait atleast two cycles but if was a spontaneous mc without complications then the fact you've had one period since should be fine and your own body and timing will decide if this cycle is the one for you I've known many woman getting pg within the first or second cycle after mc and not having any problems. The one thing would be to do everything to get your body healthy and make sure your still taking all your proper vitamins and folic acid while ttc also taking super dha is a good one while ttc and in the third trimester until 18 mths postpartum for nursing moms. Good luck and keep us posted!
Thanks ladies, hopefully I'll get a positive test soon. I shall keep you posted! Sorry to hear you've had a lot of miscarriages. I've had two, one when I was 14 and the recent one at 16. I know I'm young, but I've been in a relationship with the same guy for 4 years and we've spoken about it. x
Hello Courtney Jade

I know the feeling of losing 2 babies. I had 2 early miscarriages last year and it's so heart breaking.

There is no perfect time, when ur body is ready u will fall pregnant so don't worry.

I wish you all the luck in the world.

Love Rachel x
Rachel,
Hopefully I will fall pregnant quickly, the doctors did say I would.

I shall let you know, I will see if my period will come this month.
Hi there I'm new to these forums but have been reading around the internet lately as a way of answering my questions and for reassurance really, anyway so I had a missed misscarage on in late January of this year, i was admitted in to hospital for two days under medical management and had tablets went through 15 hours of labour pains only to find that it didn't work I ended up having to have a D&C on 31st of January. I had small if any bleeding after very light for about two days, and HCG had gone by the 3rd of Feb so previous hormone had left my body. i started to do ovulation test and had unprotected sex on these days to see if I could get pregnant again before my period arrived as i read online that it has happened to other women. However after all of mine and my partners efforts sadly did dint happen and exactly 28 days later I got my period (Most painful Cramps ever) 5 days later period had finished we have now started to try and get pregnant again and have been trying about 4 times a week.

I guess I just wanted to here from woman in asimilar situations as we find ourselves in, I really want to have a positive at the end of this month, has any one had any success story's who had been in same situation as me?.