Miscarriages Community
Thin uterine lining after m/c?

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Thin uterine lining after m/c?

I went in for my follow-up ultrasound today, 9 days after my m/c.  I was happy to find that all the tissue had passed naturally (no D&C necessary, thankfully).  The u/s tech did mention that my lining was very thin.  I assume that's to be expected, but I'm just wondering what effect that will have on our efforts to TTC again?  If we conceived again right away, would it cause me to have a higher risk of another m/c?  I haven't talked to the doctor yet regarding the results of the u/s, so I can ask him all my questions when he calls me.  But we're hoping to TTC again ASAP, and I'm just wondering if there is anything I can do in the meantime to help my lining become thick again, or if it's just something that takes time to regenerate.  
1st of all, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is.
I posted something just yesterday on what my doctor said about this. The lining will be thin after a miscarriage/D&C. He said it would not hurt ot go ahead and start TTC right away. The uterine lining will be thin, but if your body is ready to get pregnant, that will not cause a miscarriage. You may not get pregnant the 1st month and each month the lining will thicken. He also said that women who pregnant on birth control pills do not have a higher rate of miscarriage and their unterine linings will be thin because of the BC. So basically you have to let the lining build up by itself but if you get pg, it will not cause you to miscarry. That is how he explained it to us. I hope that helps.
SSBD to you.
Thank you for your response.  I think that's a good way to think of it.  I like the analogy with the women who have been on BF not having a higher risk of m/c... Makes total sense.  I'll be anxious to see what my doctor's opinion on the matter is.  I honestly don't think he'll have a problem with us trying again.  My m/c happened relatively early, 7-8 weeks, and it was a complete m/c with no D&C needed.  We're so ready to just get started again.  I wonder how long it will take me to ovulate again.....?
I think it's different for everyone. Some women are right on 28 days and some go for several weeks. Since you know for sure it was complete and it was fairly early, I'd say the chances are good it will be around a month. Of course, that's just my opinion. I hope I'm right! Good luck and more SSBD to you! They say women seem to be more fertile after she has been pregnant.