Miscarriages Community
Tissue Left from D & C!!!! Totally Frustrated!

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

So I had my D & C on October 24th, I went in for a follow up appointment and they had found tissue but they wanted to wait till I got my period and then do the ultrasound, I never did get my period and had another doctors appointment yesterday, where indeed there is still alot of tissue remaining.  I am not sure how this is possible how could they miss so much?  Now I have another D & C scheduled for next Wednesday, I am really scared that there could be scarring and that this could result in me not being able to get pregnant.  Totally Frustrated, and now feeling really alone, it was one thing to have to have one D &C but now to a have another is just out of hand.
I'm so sorry to hear what your going through. Did your dr. say if this is normal or why they missed so much tissue? I can only imagine your frustration having to do it all over again. I hope that all goes well on Wednesday. If you need to talk you can leave me a note.
                       Lori
I'm sooooo sorry to hear about this. It's stressful enough without having to deal with a 2nd procedure. I know you're nerves must be shot!! I would strongly question why they missed soo much and if they don't have a really good answer I'd find another doctor.

Obviously you're going to keep trying to have a baby and you need to trust and be comfortable with your doctors.

Try to stay strong! You can do this!!!

It's abolutely amazing how medicine can accomplish these days. Try not to assume the worst okay... Keep us posted!!

Once they get everything cleaned out hopefully you're pipes will be wide open and you'll get pregnant quickly.!!!!
Thank you for replying you don't understand how much it helps, I just got off the phone with my Doctor and you guys were right, this is not normal, my HCG levels are still too high, and they said that whatever is left inside of me is growing, so now she is talking about setting up an appointment with an oncologist, and said she is concerned for Gestational Trophoblastic Disease.  Oh what else could go wrong!
I am so sorry for all you are going through, and I can relate somewhat.  During my follow-up appointment, my dr's partner said there was some "abnormal" tissue that was found during the pathology, and she said there was a possibility that this could develop into GTD.  I was terrified.  As if dealing with the mc wasn't enough, now I had to be worried about cancer.  She also said that under no circumstances should I get pregnant for at least 6 months.  I was completely freaked out.  I called my dr a week later, and he said that upon further review and discussion with the pathologist, he was confident that things were fine.  Did your dr do pathology after the D&C?  If so, you might ask for a copy of the results to review yourself.  I have a bio degree, so it wasn't too difficult for me to understand.  Feel free to message me privately if you would like to talk more.  Take care of yourself, and I will keep you in my prayers.
I know this is scary. Anytime you hear the word oncologist it's traumatic. They will take care of whatever is wrong you just have to be strong and get through this. I know it ***** and it's not fair, it's sooo not fair!! But for whatever reason it's happening and you will come through it okay. Just try to focus on getting healthy again, everthing else will fall into place once you're healed.

I had to have surgery with an ocologist last year and everything went very well. I'm at home today b/c I'm having my 2nd miscarriage and it *****.

It's good that your doctor is taking this precaution and sending you for the best treatment. Sometimes there are blessing hiding underneathe all the mess, so just keep your head up and keep us posted.

I have had so many weird and unexpected things happen to me and I know I always feel like what else can go wrong and it usually snowballs downhill from there. The saying  "one day at a time is really pretty powerfull" just put one foot in front of the other and try to surround yourself with people who love and care about you. You'll be in my prayers
i am so sorry for your loss..i also had a dc on oct 17 the due to a miscarriage. they tested my hcg levels a week or two after that and they were going up! well evidently i also had tissue left and was growing too..they gave me a methotrexate injection, not sure if you are familiar with it, mostly used in eptopics, but mine was not. it helped bring my levels back to 0 finally about 3 wks after that. i dont know if that would be an option for you? im still waiting for my 1st AF since the M/C which totally sux! let me know if you have any questions..
You must be so frustrated right now! I had very uncommon complications from my d&c that made me regret having one. my cervix closed and when i should have been having AF a month later the blood couldn't come out so it was very painful. then a few weeks after that a cyst burst then a few weeks after that the told me that i was going to have to have an ovary taken out, thank goodness i found out a few days ago when i went back for a checkup that he had misdiagnosed me and it was another huge cyst that had gone by the time I went for this last checkup. My dr finally gave me the go ahead to TTC.

I know ladies that have had to have more than one d&c and then went on to have health pregnancies. i would try and stay optimistic and think that the problem will be fixed soon so you can go on to TTC again. I know it is hard and you want things to be back to normal now, but sometimes our faith is tested and we just need to be strong and patient.
I just found your response to a post which I find helpfull indeed. I had the same thing done and was wondering of the outcome.  Do you remember when you finally got ur AF and did you have kids after that how long?