Miscarriages Community
Trying to look on the brightside after a D&C

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

This isnt a question but more of a statement. I had a D&C one week ago and I am trying to look on the bright side (so dont take this as I am happy about the m/c because I would definatly prefer to be pregnant right now) but I know being stressed about this will not help so I am looking on the bright side and thought I would share:

* I can drink wine and beer without guilt, well at least until I start TTC again
*I can drink coffee!! and have as much caffeine as I want without guilt
*My clothes fit, maternity clothes dont flatter me very much
*No food aversions
*I am not tired 24X7
*Not constantly worried that baby is not developing since I am 100% not pregnant right now

Let me know if you have anything I should add to the list!
You can exercise without worrying about harming the baby. I gave up running with my 2nd pregnancy, b/c I thought I lost the first one from jogging... probably not true, but still I was extra careful. But not running didn't help my 2nd baby... I still lost it.  I've missed running a lot so I'm excited to get back into it!
You can eat anything you want, including deli meat, sushi and cookie dough (raw eggs don't matter now)...

I'm trying to think of more things, but I guess my attitude is not as great as yours yet! I'm drinking a glass of wine right now, which is nice on a Friday night, but I'd so much rather still be pregnant... :(

Thanks for the reminder to try to look on the bright side!

Oh yeah, you can also have your hair highlighted or colored without worrying about the chemicals. And pedicures are ok too. :) I did that last weekend and it helped my mood a LOT!
You have a good attitude. Do whatever it takes to get thru!

I thought of some more things:

*I can finish the tattoo I started
*I can eat any cheese I want and not be worried if its pasteurized or not

I forgot about the deli meat thing, it is nice to not have to heat it up first!

M/C ***** a lot, and after 2 in a row I have to be somewhat positive and this helps me a little

Thanks for your comments