Weight gain after miscarriage
Has anyone had any trouble with weight gain following a miscarriage and D&C? I have actually gained more weight since the D&C than I did while I was pregnant. I'm wondering if it's a hormonal issue. It has been about 3 weeks since the procedure and I haven't started a new cycle yet. Any advice?
I had a m/c about 6 weeks ago I was 14 weeks preggers! And lost our baby to a weak cervix everything else was perfect! Firstly I think that as pregnant women we should instantly demand to have our cervix measured every time we see our obgyn's I feel my doctor neglected me when I went to see her with pains in all the places which would indicate a start of a miscarriage. She did not take me seriously until I ended up in emergency and was diagnosed as a threatened miscarriage. Even after being referred to a high risk doc I was left at a dead end until I switched obgyns! but it was too late!

It was my first pregnancy and I am still lost! It all happened so quickly that by the time you absorb it all..you feel so empty and lost. I also gained more weight after my D&C before that I was hardly gaining any weight! and now I have tried everything to lose it from starving, gyming and just watching what I eat. But perhaps it does take a lot of time for our bodies to heal.

Don't forget your body was making a baby...a miracle and just imagine what it has and is going through not to mention the depression and stress added.

Everything takes time...let your body heal with time and relax...perhaps its already under too much pressure? That is not to say don't eat healthy and exercise! but don't over do it...let it come to its normal terms by it self too.

I have like 15 pounds to lose and trust me in a week I will probably loose like a pound and gain by the next day...its very frustrating...I feel like I have lost enough and I don't want to go through anything else right now...but you face the challenge of looking fat...then go out and see pregnant women or babies which is another challenge!

But never give up! soon things will go your way! i keep praying..and i pray for the son I lost that one day I will see him again and we will have our time together!

I pray for all you mothers who have lost their baby or babies! that you will see them one day in heaven and have all the years together with them as well as your children you had on this earth.

Life can be such a test..such hard things get thrown your way...but all we can do is learn from it all and move forward strong and healthy.

I'm so glad I found this thread.  And to everyone that has posted....I'm sorry for your losses.  I had a MC after my first IVF cycle and only gained 2-3 pounds.  After my second IVF cycle....and MC I have gained 14 pounds in 6 months!!!  This is crazy.....I couldn't believe it when I got on the scale.  I have not changed my eating habits or anything, so I'm not sure what is going on.  It's all in my thighs and stomach area as well, my boobs still hurt, my ovaries cramp and my back KILLS me.  It's horrible.  I don't want to go to my regular doctor because he thinks everything from knee pain to hair loss is depression LOL  My baby was due tomorrow....maybe my body will snap in to action after that?  Gosh....this weight can't stay here....how on earth do you get it off?  I was thinking of joining Weight Watchers but 40.00 a month if it's not going to work and only frustrate me more isn't worth it.  

Oh and thanks to MuseAngel for her post/thoughts on how our body is healing....it was very touching.
As if MC is not bad enough, the weight gain is like insult to injury!!!
I MC'd at four weeks.... then gained about 5 more pounds after that. I am 5' 7" and typically weigh 126 pounds. But since the whole Blighted Ovum issue, I now weigh 136!! I am used to working out all the time, but skipped it for about a month. I have been back at the gym for three weeks now and am starting to feel a little more fit, but the weight is not coming off. I eat low fat, high protien but every time I get on the scale, I want to cry!!! I am also taking water pills...probably not the smartest thing, but it is keeping a few lbs. at bay.
When will the weight come off???? I need my body back!
Thank you thank you for this thread!!! I had a d&c almost 7 weeks ago and have gained 7 pounds - all within 4 weeks and now can't shift the weight. I also watch what I eat, work out etc. I am 7 pounds HEAVIER than I was when pregnant. I had a blighted ovum so the pregnancy lasted 7 weeks (lots of 7's here in my story! :) I've bee feeling VERY down about it and this thread helped a TON! I STILL have not had my period and have never looked forward to something so much in my life! I am hoping that that will be the turning point to my body being normal again!!! it's terrible and i can relate to everyone and I just hope it passes soon!! good luck everyone
cath
I had the same problem. But I had my blood tested and it turned out my thyroid didn't work properly, it had antibodies attacking it which was causing the miscarriages (if your thyroid isn't working, it gets worse when you're pregnant due to the higher demand). But now I recently got medication and should be able to have children normally and also my metabolism will speed up. So my advice is: get your blood tested for thyroid issues. http://thyroid.about.com/cs/basics_starthere/a/hypochecklist.htm
Another HUGE thank you for this thread!!  I miscarried about a month ago (I would have been 12 weeks but the baby stopped growing at 9.5 weeks).  I had a natural miscarriage, bled really heavily, ended up in the Urgent Care for fluids, stabilization, etc.  After that I have had no complications whatsoever and the bleeding stopped a few weeks ago, everything has been textbook since then.

Except!!  I CANNOT lose this weight that I have put on - and almost ALL of it has been put on AFTER the miscarriage!  When I was pregnant I gained maybe 2-3 pounds, but right now I am up at least 8 and with no signs of losing in sight.  In fact, it seems like if I eat or drink ANYTHING I gain.  I am very active (I'm a yoga instructor, for goodness sakes!) and I have never in my life struggled with losing weight.  In the past when I would decide to drop a couple of pounds, I would up my exercise and drop my calories and the pounds would come off.  Now I seriously feel like this weight is not budging no matter how many hours I spend in the gym, no matter what I eat (or don't eat), etc.

Like many of you, I have not yet started my first cycle back.  I am really hoping that when AF finally comes my body will finish up this healing process and go back to normal - well, however normal it can be anyway.

I also agree with everyone who has said that losing a baby is bad enough - why do we have to add insult to injury with this ridiculous weight gain/bloating?  At least we have each other.  Thanks again for all the comments, they really are helping me anyway.
Hi ,

I lost my baby with 20 weeks and it happened two months ago.I had my period but I did not lose any weight.Actually I gained 3
pounds.Even going to the gym and cutting off carbs.My period is messed up  I have been bleesing about 2 weeks already.I know how everyone feels about.I can not see myself on pics.I am embarressed about my body.I decied give myself 3 months if my body does not get back I will go doctor or start take diets pills.I wish that  all of us c copy quickly what have  happened and get the body back.
Thanks everyone  for sharing that saddly moment of our lifes.
I had a DNC after 16 weeks. The docotrs found many issues with our baby girl. I have started working out again and eating really healthy but I have not lost 1 pound I gained. It has been very very frustrting. So glad to have read your posts!
when i had a m/c last november and it is about 12 + week,it is a big blow for me cos i never dream that going through that situation,since i had 3 living child,i had gain 7 to 8 kg after the m/c and im agree that it is due to depression and hormones, last time after my 3rd child born i do have the same problem but manage to lose it but this time it not as easy as before.Im glad that im not the only one having this problem and nice sharing this with everybody as i been keeping this all awhile by myself as everyone around me always talk about my weight gain and it hurt so much..
OMGosh, I was so glad to come upon this thread. All my friends just keep saying that I am making excuses when I say that the miscarriage and D&C are contributers to me not losing weight.
I had my D&C at the beginning of this year and 4 months later have gained a stubborn 12lbs. I have being watching my diet very closely and have tried many differnet exercise routines including a bootcamp for 5 days a week for a month. Nothing has worked!!
Athough it may not be confirmed by a doctor is sure helps to know that there are others out there experiencing the same thing.
My best of luck to you all!
Hello everyone

I have also really enjoyed reading these posts.  I lost my baby girl at 19 weeks due to Trisomy 13.  I have not managed to lose much of the weight either.  Despite the fact that I watched what I ate and worked out all the way through, nothing seems to be coming off.  I only gained about 12 lbs but it isn't budging.  Interestly though, I had a problem before I got pregnant which confirmed for me, that it is hormones.

I was on the pill for years when I started gaining a substancial amount of weight and feeling badly about myself.  My husband insisted I go off the pill after extensive testing revieled I was physically fine.  After 3 months of being off the pill, I suddenly lost almost 30 lbs in one month.  My Dr said it was hormones.  When I was on the pill, my body thought I was pregnant and was holding on, it took 3 months for it to recognize I wasn't and to get rid of all the estrogen.  I am now trying to relax about the weight and to keep doing things right.   Hopefully my body wont take 3 months to catch on this time, hopefully for all of you, yours wont either.
I gained 4 pounds since I was pregnant (6 wk) and another 8 since the miscarriage which was one month ago today. My hormones feel wacky. My boobs are sore and I feel bloated but just had my period 4 days late. I'm hoping I can get the weight off before getting pregnant again. 12 pounds is a lot to gain in 6 weeks!
I have been reading some of your posts and it has made me happier to know I am not alone.

I had a miscarriage at 6 and a half weeks in January and since then I have gained 2 dress sizes... I am miserable about it.

I have had 2 periods since by choice because I went on the pill straight away and have skipped month ends on purpose because i wasnt emotionally ready to deal with periods... I have had one pack of the first pill and have swapped to another pill now.   I know none of this is helping my body chill out and be healthy again so I have been eating well and exercising a lot more than I used to... but I have lost nothing.

I find it very frustrating, I read it was 6 months but it seems so cruel. One way I am coping is through a blog.
I just had a miscarriage this week at 9 weeks.  It was a blighted ovum.  In just a week I have gained 5 pounds.  I am going back to the doctor next week and I am not leaving there with the depression as an excuse.  I believe god does things for a reason and this pregnancy was just not right.  

If anyone has found a way to get these nasty pounds off please share it with us!!

Ladies I am truly sorry for your losses.  Keep your heads up and believe.  It will happen.
I had a m/c and d&c in Jun at 12wks, since then i have not gained but rather maintained my weight and for some reason my tummy is still the same, it looks like im still pregnant. I dont feel bloated, and I can still feel my abs directly beneath my skin. I dont understand it, has anyone else kept a tummy (not fat) for a while?
I found this website a month ago and was so grateful that it wasn't just me. I decided that if I EVER lost my pregnancy weight, I would write in and let everyone know my story....I miscarried the last week of April at 3 months pregnant. For the longest time afterward, my body was in revolt. I gained another 7 pounds on top of the 10 I gained during my pregnancy, and was threatening to get even bigger. I was miserable and refused to wear maternity clothes or go shopping for new clothes- but even my old 'fat jeans' were tight on me. It seemed like no matter what I did, the weight stayed on. And, if I went out to dinner or a party, I would gain 3 pounds overnight! I would drop 1, gain 3, drop 2, gain 1....it was ridiculous. 2 weeks ago the weight finally started coming off. It was right after I finished my 3rd mestrual cycle. I am down 7 pounds which, after 3 months of agonizing about my weight, seems like a miracle. I'm not doing anything different than I was before- eating healthy, and working on portion control and fewer calories....yada yada yada. I truly believe the only difference is that my body is finally ready to let go. Best of luck to all of you out there. You will eventually start to drop that weight. Until then, give yourself a break and let go of the shame and fear that you will never be back to normal. Much love, Jessica
I'm having the exact opposite problem. I have lost 6 pounds since my miscarriage started 2 weeks ago. I'm feeling very depressed and actually have to force myself to eat. I only ate 2 times a day before I got pregnant, when I found out I was pregnant, I started eating a lot more, I always felt like I was hungry. I'm eating 3 times a day (most days) and am still losing weight.
I was also very happy to see this site.  I randomly googled "weight gain after miscarriage" thinking that there would be nothing out there, but there was.  My experience is very similar to everyone here. I am 5'8  and weighed 120 before pregnancy, I had a miscarriage at 71/2 to 8 weeks.  After the miscarriage , I didn't do anything differently in my eating habits, and I have gained at LEAST 10 pounds, maybe 15 .. I can't fit into any of my clothes , and have been wearing the baggiest things I can find.  My jeans won't fit, and now it's fall, and getting colder.  I could not understand how I could have gained a small amount of weight when I was pregnant, and then packed on 10 plus pounds in only 4 weeks AFTER the miscarriage.  There has to be some kind of hormonal issue with this, something that doctors aren't addressing.  It is bad enough to lose the baby, and the feelings of loss, and then , you can't even look the way you did before.  It really forces you to be very strong, especially when people can see you gained weight, and aren't supportive of what you went through.  I wish everyone here the best, and hope all hormones and bloating settle down soon for all of us.
Hello Ladies, I am so grateful to have found this blog.. We lost out baby 2/09/2010, had 2 D& C's one on the 3/09/2010 and one on the 08/09-2010 Our baby was supposed to be 13 weeks but baby died at 8 1/2 weeks. I have put on a ridiculous amount of weight like 12 kilos and I just cant seem to loose it. I went on a diet a week ago and lost 0.500grams. It is so depressing.. I have a fat tummy and still look pregnant. I have not had a period yet and cant wait, I am hoping the weight will start to come off then. It is so amazing to hear im not the only one. I thought I was being silly thinking it was hormones.. but thank god it seems I was not. I have started swimming 3 times a week and eat really healthy. no carbs and raw food a lot. None of my clothes fit and I don't want to buy new ones. My mother in-law was taking me shopping i didnt go cause I said I wanted to loose the weight. i am just finding it so hard.

thanks for everyone for sharing their stories.. it looks like its helping lots of us

With love KT
I am so glad to have found this blog.    I had a miscarriage on June 19.   I was eight weeks along.   After that, I had a normal cycle on July 27th.  And I haven't had a period since then,  I am also gaining weight, probably 10 pounds since my pregnancy and I keep gaining more.   I took two pregnancy tests both were negative.   Thinking about going to check in with my doctor soon as its been over two months since my last period.  Thanks for sharing all your stories, now I don't feel so alone.    
Wow....so many women in the same boat!! I had a M/C in July. I also had a D&C.I was 11 weeks. I have had two previous healthy pregnancies. I never had problems losing the weight after my babies were born. I actually looked better AFTER I gave birth. Now not only have I joined a gym but I don't eat that much food and I keep gaining daily! I feel bloated and look like I am pregnant even though I am not. I am on synthroid for hypothyroid but my blood levels are all normal. I just don't know what to do anymore!! Like we need this stress! With so many of us experiencing the same problems why don't the Dr's have any answers???
i had a m/c in feb of 09   i had a d&c and after gained 15 pounds n matter what i did i couldnt lose it   i dont really eat when im down so i knew that wasnt the reason     i found out jan of 2010  that i had a massive infection due to the d&c so this is why i gained weight i had surgery and took antibiotics  i lost the 15pounds plus more  so i would def have your doc check yu out  
Hi all,

So glad to have found this forum.  I just had medical management 2 wks today as I miscarried 5 wks ago.  I waited 4 wks to have the miscarriage naturally but didn't happen.  As I had a kidney transplant 2 years ago, I tried for over a year to get pregnant.  So happy then hopes dashed when they couldn't find heartbeat.  I keep telling myself, if i had miscarried, I want it to come out naturally .  It was so hard to believe I lost my so wanted baby.  I have had 2 healthy pregnancies with my EX and this baby is the first with my new partner.  My belly still looks big and I just wish that it will get back to normal soon.  Is it normal to still be bleeding after 2 wks and I still pass clots of tisue?  I feel for all of you as I am going through the same thing.  Just so depressed as all my clothes don't fit.
Im so glad i found this site.i had a miscarriage 4 weeks ago at 16 weeks.the doctor signed me off for 4 weeks so to try not to dwell on what happened i have been to the gym everyday.i dont usually go to the gym at all and i have been eating healthly so i was surprised to put on weight.hearing about the hormone imbalance makes sense to me now, does it really take 6 months to get back to normal?
I've had a similar issue. I have my second miscarriage almost two years ago. And still to this day my stomach will bloat out in the form of a pregnant belly, I've worked out, I've cut back on my diet, I have done everything I can to reduce the bloating in my stomach but nothing works. I fear as though since my miscarriage happened in the public washroom at the Health Science Centre in Winnipeg Manitoba, whereafter the nurse who found me in a pool of my own mucus flushed whatever I had pushed out down the toilet. In the back of my mind I fear as though I'm convincing myself and my body that there still might be something in there, since the stomach pains and bloat happen randomly. It scares me more so to not know exactly why I had two miscarriages also why my body carries the extra fat when I am in the military and I do PT on a daily basis. Anyway ladies you are not alone, I guess all we can do is be strong and keep at it.
I had a m/c in Dec 2010 (D&C at 8 weeks) and gained almost 25lbs, the first 10 during the short pregnancy and the rest after the m/c. My weight peaked a month or two after and I was able to drop about 8lbs after that. But now it's mid-May 2011 (5 months later) and my weight isn't budging. I eat extremely carefully, take thyroid meds, and exercise regularly as usual. I have a closet full of clothes I can't wear because I'm still 15lbs above normal.

I do know that my estrogen was very high in the months after the m/c, and so my doc had me do a liver cleanse to try and clear it out. Hormone levels now seem normal (except for growth hormone, which is low for some reason). It seems clear to me this is a hormonal issue and it must take our bodies time to come back to normal.
how come doctors dont know anything about this?  Could all these smart women who know their own bodys well be wrong about the weight gain. im so glad to have found this forum but i wish i would have known all this ahead of time before i gave in to all the comfort food during the first two weeks.  i just finished my first period and ive gained 5 pounds. all the things that i usually do to lose weight have not worked and im still gaining. its encouraging to hear that maybe since my first period i can start losing.  I completely get not wanting to wear maternity clothes.
and i feel that thru this whole thing i have greived in a healthy way so i dont feel depressed. i still find so much joy in my husband and 2 year old boy. and God has sheltered me from feeling any bitterness.  i still cry sometimes, and i try not to talk too much about it, i find it really hard to say the word miscarrige. not to my husband or in prayer.  these things happen. this world is not perfect and others get over it and go on living and changing. But God is perfect and never changes and will be there for me and my pain as long as i have it.  which i feel in some way i will always have pain over the baby that i never got to see.  But knowing that the first face he saw was the face of Jesus gives me so much comfort.
some of these posts made me sad knowing that some of you women are going thru this all alone.  im so sorry.  thru all this i still feel blessed beyond anything that i deserve. and i wanted to send this out there, that God is good, no matter what He is good. it was the first thing i said when i found out that i lost the baby, and i wanted to tell it to any one who will listen to it.  No matter how alone you may feel, no matter what youve done in life, God loves you so much that He sent His son Jesus to die for your sins. only now am i a little closer to realizing how painful that must have been for our loving God. Come to Jesus, His arms are open wide and His peace is perfect and unlike anything that this world can give.
Had miscarriage about a month ago.. (this is now my third/1living) hmm.. bleeding is heavier at certain times.. it's weird, but I did have an infection but its better now :) I was a little underweight starting out, but had gained 5 lbs in pregnancy but since then have gained an additional 15 lbs.. no lie! :) But I'm swollen so I feel super off and almost out of my body.. almost scary ;)
-D
I had a MC at 7 weeks and a D&C in April. I got my period back after 6 weeks, but my body isn't just the same. It's hard to fit into my pants (I bought those detachable buttons to expand the waistband), I constantly feel tired and bloated. I look like I'm prego. I've also noticed more migraines which come approximately the same time every month. I feel like I have digestive problems, but that's how I felt when I was pregnant as well. Is it possible that our bodies still think that it has to nourish the womb??
omg at my wits end and then I read this. My story is so similar  ... Had a number week long pregnancies and 2 missed miscarriage over 12 months. Now, 3 months after my last miscarriage, I have gone nearly 10 lbs up. I only gained 1-2 lbs during the pregancies (the longest probably ended at 9 weeks) (so, was up to 123 at my d&c). Now, am eating extremely carefully and exercising. I will admit I had probably ate some chocolate once or twice after the last miscarriage, but in three months, I've been pretty strict. My weight has FINALLY stabilized (knock on wood that it not go up anymore), but am not losing. I will also spontaneous bloat up in my hands and face, retaining lbs of extra water for goodness knows what reason. I seem to be having more bloating in my belly than ever before. I look five months pregnant! I feel frustrated. Like everyone else here. Saddened by the losses, and frustrated with my body.

I shall try creative visualization, and picture my body balancing itself again. My doctor is unwilling to even test my hormone levels other than thyroid ...

Well, if it takes 6 months to recover from a miscarriage, I guess I still have 3 to go.

If I figure it out, I'll let you guys know!

best wishes everyone. I wish you all strength, peace, compassion, and health.
donot worry much about weight. even i went through i become 91 during my 9th month of pregnancy.  i was 85 after delivery.i tried a no. of diets and gained back.thanks to rijuta diwakar ( kareena kapoor dietician) she wrote a book called donot ose u r mind lose u r weight.earlier after i tried all other diets i lost weight 3-4 kilos in  to 7 to 10 days becomes weak.and gained much more after that.i folowed miss. diwakar simpe principles now i am energetic and my life changed alll together.now i am 63gs  within one year.no gym kust exercising and yoga for 3 hrs daily kust started some 3months back.folow the book.u will love it.
Hi all,

I miscarried in December 2009 and couldn't shift the weight - in total I have gained around 18 lbs. Whatever I did, how much exercising I was doing every day, nothing helped, same like many of you here.I figured it must have been water retention, because fat normally responds to exercise. I thought I would tackle this by different foods I give to my body. I have excluded most common food allergens like wheat, cheese, any diary product including milk, eggs, red meat and processed foods and replaced them with alternatives like soya products instead of diary, rice cakes instead of bread etc.... I started loosing weight (peeing it all out) and lost around 10 lbs in a week and a half. It is hard to follow this diet when there are so many restrictions, but once you customize yourself to it, it gets easier. I on the top felt millions time better then when I was eating wheat and all the stuff that I excluded. Hope this helps - I found that nothing besides this has worked for me in the past. Good luck to everyone trying to win this battle and frustration - there is nothing worse then unable to manage your weight despite best efforts. Love & Hugs
I had D&C early Jul. And I gained more weight after that which made me wonder if I got pregnancy again. I just tested it today. It showed negative. I started jogging a few days again. But it doesnt't help lose any weight. I really feel bad about all these weight gain.
i have the same thing going on. i have my dnc on july 31 2011 .am a small build lady  ,i have gain about 15 pound and i cant get rid off it i feel like a cow  with a belly looking like  4 month pregnant and cellulite like crazy  and still using  my pregnant cloths because nothing fist right and it suck am feeling so down even after my hubby  tells me am pretty
Does your belly still show if you miscarried? What if you don't know you miscarried because your stomach still looks big?
I had a m/c and D&C on Sept.14,2011. I have not gained anymore weight but my stomach is getting bigger. I look like I am 4 mths pregnant. I was 10 weeks when the m/c happened. I thought I was crazy. We were not planning to have another baby. Our daughter is 11 years old. We were shocked at first but it did not take long to get excited. I know that I am still depressed. I was eating all the wrong things. I am trying to go back on weight watchers. I had lost 30# before I got pregnant. I still had more to lose. I refuse to go buy bigger clothes. I catch myself rubbing my belly. I am hopping that I will start to lose weight. It was hard enough dealing with the grief of the m/c and now I am just watching my belly get bigger and know that there is no baby. I hate seeing a pregnant woman or I newborn. I am starting to be able to handle it a little better now. I hope I will be able to lose the weight. I am so glad I found this blog. At least I know that I am not the only one. Thank You
I miscarry my baby on september 2nd and I am having the same problem.  It seems like my body "feels" pregnant, and my belly is growing incontrollably.  At the beginning I was eating out of comfort, but now I am watching what I eat and I am still gaining weight.  It is driving me nuts.  I just feel I cannot do this anymore!
you have no idea how much reading this helped me. I had a miscarriage a month  and a half ago. I was 13 weeks along. have been going out of my mind, I've barely eaten but am gaining wait like crazy, my hair keeps falling out and the moodswings,,, don't even get me started... I thought I was loosing my mind untill I read your stories and saw I wasn't the only one going through this.
so sorry for everybodys loss.

thank you so much
Did this ever correct? How long does it take? I was very ill while I was pregnant and ate very little because of constant sickness. I still gained a few pounds which had to be all baby because I was barely able to handle anything.....I also did not know I was pregnant at the time so I did not force myself to eat more. When I found out how far I was I tried as best as possible to change the bad habbits but I still lost the baby at 11 weeks. I am 2 weeks after a natural mc and I am still sicky feeling most of the time and cannot even depression eat. After about 2 months of a small portion diet (maybe 800-900 total calories a day) I am still sitting 8 pounds heavier than I was before the dr estimated date of pregnancy.
Hi, I just had a miscarriage and putting on more weight than I ever have. I believe it may have something to do with depression but I also feel as thought Im still eating for two.. It sounds strange I know..but Im always hungry and Iv never been a bit eater even during depression.
kay x
I, too just had a very early miscarriage (@4 weeks) and hadn't gained any weight yet.
2 weeks later, I try to get my work pants back on to go back to work, and am having trouble getting them done up. I have gained about 5 pounds, but I have been eating healthier. There must be something to this!
What a relief to read all these comments - i had a missed miscarriage on feb 7th hemorraged really badly and just last week (4th April) had to have erpc to see if they could remove remaining products. Like a lot of other people i'm experiencing drastic weight gain i was 11 stone before pregnancy and am now 13 - its really embarrassing and upsetting when people ask if im pregnant. Feel like starving myself but am convinced i will still gain - as if miscarrying isnt bad enough then for our bodies to react like this seems so unfair
Same same same for me!!! Work out, eat right and my belly sticks out more than boobs haha! And its been a year for me:( But what I really wanted to say was it looks like there is a huge population of us women with the same issue and no answers! Lets all write Dr.Oz and see if he can do a show on this issue!! Be blessed everyone!
I had a D&C in April of 2012 and I am still struggling with weight gain.  My stomach sticks out like I'm pregnant even more (it seems) than it did after my son was born in 2010.  My friend reminded me that I had breastfeeding to help me with losing the weight back then.  Aside from eating for comfort which is an issue, I think there is something else going on.  In many ways I feel like I am still pregnant, so maybe after the due date passes on 9/30 I can release that feeling.  Maybe that will help.  It feels better to see that other women are having this experience, and I hope you all find comfort and peace during this difficult time of our lives.
I found out i had a blighted ovum at about 8.5 weeks. The ovum's gestational age was only 6 weeks. I waited to miscarry and didn't. I carried this for an additional 1.5 weeks. I started to feel very sick and tired and finally I got scheduled for a D and E. Anyway, that was 6 weeks ago and I have put on 10 pounds since that time. When the D and E first happened I didn't really grieve it, but now 5 to 6 weeks later, my emotions are up and down. I just had my first period 2 weeks ago, so it's nice to know my body is recovering, but I am just so sad, angry, and tense. Did anyone else notice weight gain and moodiness 6 weeks after the pregnancy ended? Just wondering.
I was 8 weeks and had a misscarriage. I also have gained weight since procedure. It is a very hard time .  
Ohh, it's good to know that i am not alone here! It's my second mc on the row:( Really sad and frustrated....and now this weight gain...damn hormones:(
I've been experiencing the same thing!  I wasn't active and really depressed for a wekk after the miscarriage, but my fiance said we were going to try again.  So i sucked up my pain and started exercising like and eating healthy.  It's been 3 weeks since I lost the baby and I've gain 13lbs!  I hope this stops soon, I'm in the military and can't gain weight.
Does anyone have any answers! I'm in the same boat .. Real stressed and can't budge these pounds off no matter what I do!!