Miscarriages Community
What should I do?

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

What should I do?

Not sure anyone will see this or respond but I just needed someone to know. I started spotting Thursday around 7am. Went to work anyway. A friend convinced me I should just go home and relax as I was worried. After going home and napping for a bit I got up and went to the bathroom. There was quite a bit of bright red blood in the toilet. It was then I figured I should go to the hospital to be on the safe side. They took blood work right away! My HcG levels were only 126 and I was supposed to be 5 weeks pregnant. They said I probably miscarried. Ultrasound was inconclusive as they could see the sac and such but was much too early to see a heartbeat. They want me to do repeat bloodwork so I can compare and a repeat ultrasound. there's a part of me that wants to believe that maybe my levels were just low and the baby is fine. But everyone is telling me the baby is more then likely gone. I have not had anymore bleeding since Thursday. The odd brown spot on toilet paper but nothing in my underwear. Do I have reason to still stay optimistic or are they right, I've probably miscarried? And how long do I wait and see if I pass the rest of the baby and stuff? I would need a D&C right if I don't?
That is a very low count.. I'm not going to tell you that you have miscarried because amazing things can happen. And I understand why you want to be optimistic. I had thick red clotty heavy spotting in this pregnancy at 6 weeks and I have had a miscarriage, so I was freaked. But all is well with bubs and now I'm 15 weeks + 2days. I know it's got to be hard not to flip out a bit but freaking out is no good for bubs, try to keep that positive optimistic attitude?