Miscarriages Community
What to do while waiting on AF after M/C

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

I had d&c on june 17th, im having some cramping and bloating today and yesterday, im really waiting on AF. Today was the first time since the procedure me and my fiance was active and we used a condom. OMG did that s-uck, how do you go from no protection to protection.  So i went to buy a sponge, havent used it yet, dr recommends that i dont use it alone.  I no healing should come first.  

If you dont get a cycle after m/c, does that mean that your body has not prepared a uterine linning strong enough to hold a pregnancy?  Does getting your cycle mean you body has healed and letting you no that it is now prepared for pregnancy.  I guess im asking because im reading a lot of other forums and women are having s-ex before their first cycle comes.

I just dont wana get preggo before my first cycle, even though their is still a possibility to have a m/c even if i wait 3,4,5 months.  Im confused and frustrated, i dont wana attempt to use the sponge and it doesnt work.  Do anybody got any suggestions, my brain is becoming very foggy, and my poor fiance is looking so, lol well ladies you no how men look when they arent getting any loving.  Even though he's not complaining, i can tell when he lays in da bed and by his eyes.
This is what my dr told me after my m/c on May 28th.  I am 38.  He told me to give my body rest enough to get through one cycle and then in his eyes we are clear to try again.  He stated because of my age and this is my 4th m/c we shouldnt wait too long in case it takes a few cycles to get pregnant.  My hcg levels are dropping very slowly.  Did your dr monitor yours until they got to 5.  I just went this passed thursday and they were at 24 after 6 weeks, so i go again next monday and im hoping they are 5 or less.  This is also a good indicator that your body is back at normal or almost.. i am waiting for my af but have been told it prob ably wont start until i reach 5 or less.

The sleeving it process is definitely no fun i do not recommend the sponge either.. i hated every minute of the sleeving process we just tried to tell ourselves why we are doing this like its for your health etc.. I wish you luck.. you can always pm me if you ever want to talk or anything, i try to check the posts often but sometimes i can miss a comment or suggestion pretty easily.
Ty very much.  Actually my dr did not do any lab levels, i called my FP and requested i get a blood drawn  so that i have a baseline of where im at.  I was a little upset that my ob did not have me tested. so i went in today and had them drawn, results should be in 2mrw since the draw went out today.

Why dont you recommend the sponge, is it because of the chance of getting preggo, or is it not good after having a m/c - d&c
I think that af comes after O so if you haven't had your cycle, maybe you haven't ovulated.  I think that Doctors usually give eople 2 weeks no sex and 1 or 2 cycles for ttc again and usually because of emotional healing.  You will get pregnant only when your body is ready so whether you have unprotected sex now or not, it doesn't mean you will get pregnant.  If you do get pregnant, it doesn't mean that you can't carry a pregnancy full term, its the same 3 months from now. I think you shouldn't worry about it.  
ty mumita
Hello, same boat, kinda....I don't know what to do really. Taking Prometrium to get AF. Nothing yet. 5 more pills left and hopefully she will come. My ectopic surgery took my left tube from me and my ob gave me the thumbs up 2 weeks later for ttc?! I've been trying but nothing. I have not had a cycle since my surgery on April 27! So I am at my last straw with AF...I think that maybe I should get my levels checked also...my ob said since he had to remove the whole tube there wouldn't be anything left to pass, so I just bled for 7 days after surgery....a lot of clots... so I am ready also!!!!! Maybe my body still thinks it is prego since I didn't actually miscarry and the doc took it from me...I definetly do not feel prego though. So you would think my body would catch up! Shooooot, so tired of this! I hope we all get what we wish for. It should be that way!!!!!