Miscarriages Community
When do you think the fetus will pass?

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

When do you think the fetus will pass?

One week ago during a routine 8 week ultrasound, I found out my baby died. (The baby was a good size for 8 weeks, so perhaps it happened the day before.)

Here's my question...

I just started bleeding on Saturday, 5 days after the appointment, but the fetus hasn't past yet. There's not much blood, but it is increasing with little pieces of tissue, and the cramps are becoming more steady. Last night the cramps got kind of bad, but still, nada! My urine stream is still clear, too.  I do have the option to go to the hospital to get some medication to induce it today, but I'm wondering if I should wait it out. I am supposed to travel 14 hours by plane in a week, so that's why I would like it to pass more quickly. In my last 2 miscarriages, it took a few hours to pass, and then light bleeding followed for a week. This seems to be taking longer (probably due to the progesterone suppositories I was taking). My doc believes natural is always best and then medication and then last choice D&C. Do you think it will happen soon? Do you think I should wait one more day? I think it would be less traumatic, too, but I’d to start the healing process, as it is obviously hard to move on when your baby is still inside. Thanks for you help!
I'm sorry for your loss. My m/cs were all very different. A few of them I couldn't tell what was the baby and what wasn't. I bleed alot so it was hard to tell. I'm not sure what you should do it's really a choice that only you can make it's what your able to handle. I wish I could be more help. I'm here if you need to talk.. Best wishes to you.

AP
Thanks, AP819!!!

So far bigger amounts of blood and small tissue(and not only when i have to pee), so I think I'll wait it out until Wednesday. The cramping is very manageable at this point.  Luckily my boyfriend bought me something to put over the toilet, and said that he would fish through everything.  If anyone has any thoughts about it happening naturally soon, please let me know. xx
Oh Honey I am sooo sorry for your loss...

With my first I chose to do it naturally.... i too didnt bleed to heavily and the cramping was manageable...

I would rather do it naturally the recovery time is less....the second time I had to have a d&c and medication that I still am having side effects from and that was on June 25th...

I know the loss you feel and I want you to know that although it will never go away it does get easier...

always remember if you need to talk I am always here...

Hugs to you

Angel
Thanks, Angel!

My real question is, do you think "it" will pass soon with my symptoms?
So I guess the baby has passed. Let the healing begin!
I'm so sorry!!!  I hope you start healing soon.  The first few weeks are always very difficult but you willl get there :)
Lala- Best wishes to you. Try to rest as much as possible and take care of yourself.

Hugs,
AP
I just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. I am going through the same. I found out at 10wks that my twins no longer had a HB. Im hoping to have them naturally but Im going on 4wks now with no symptoms of miscarriage. Did you have any symptoms before the u/s that weren't normal?

Sorry it took so long to respond. I didn't get your question until now. No, I had no symptoms before the u/s. I was in total shock. That said, after I found out about the lack of heartbeat, it took about 3 days for my pregnancy symptoms to subside ( mostly the tender breasts and they weren't swollen anymore). It took about 8 days post u/s for the bleeding to begin and then about 4 for the baby to pass. You can read about the miscarriage in my journal. I ended up having a D&C even after the baby passed through because there was some tissue left over. If you have any questions about the procedure, please feel free to ask. Relatively speaking it wasn't bad at all, and the minimal aftermath bleeding has completely stopped 4 days later.  I am so sorry this happened to you , too.  If you get a D&c ask about testing the fetuses (sorry if this sounds crass).Of course do what's best for you, but if you do it naturally, make sure you find out the correct way to preserve for testing.  I didn't do it correctly and now I can't get the answers I was looking for.  So sorry! Write me anytime! xx
Addendum: No "miscarriage" symptoms before the u/s.
I found out the heart stopped at my 7 week transvaginal ultrasound.  Told me the heart may have stopped at 6 weeks.  5 days ago I had a brown discharge with mild cramping then later that day it turned bright red.  Cramps got worse as time went by.  Day 3 I started to have severe cramps and more bleeding with alot of clots.  Im not sure if I passed the sac and the fetus.  Day 4 the severe cramps went away leaving me with mild cramping like period like cramps.  My question is does the severe cramping stop once you pass the fetus and the sac or could it still be inside? I never did gave alot of bleeding.