Miscarriages Community
Who got prego weeks after a D&C surgery/had a healthy baby

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Hope I can get an answer or advice some how. I been trying for years to get pregnant. I finally got pregnant and found out on Feb 24,2012 I had some brownish spotting went straight into the hospital they didnt say much besides the baby looks fine and to check up with my OBYGN 3weeks later I had an appoinment cuz I was 8 1/2 weeks prego and should be able to see the heart beat by then atleast. Well I didnt get good news at all. I got told with in those 3weeks nothing has changed meaning the baby and the sack was still same size and messured to 6 weeks so it was dead :( my body was not misscarage at all so i had to go into surgery and get a D&C done on March 29,2012 I go in on Thursday this week to get cleared !
My question to others is there anyone who has tried to get pregnant or has gotten pregnant like weeks after they had a misscarage or a D&C surgery done? This is my first pregnancy in my life and I am scared to death to go threw this again if I get pregnant after this I never thought i would have to go threw this. I am sorry to others who has lost there lil ones. I really want a bundle of joy!  
I've just had my d&c on March 22nd. Same as you - baby had stopped growing but my body didn't pass the pregnancy.

There are many ladies who have gotten pregnant right after a miscarriage/d&C. Obviously for infection reasons you need to wait at least 2 weeks before having intercourse again, but once that's up and as long as your longer bleeding you're okay to have sex again.

Doctor's recommend waiting till after your first cycle before trying again, just so if you did get pregnant, it's easier to date. However, many women don't follow this and have ended up pregnant.

You're at your most fertile after a miscarriage, so as soon as it's safe to do so you can start trying again. Just don't pin all your hopes on it happening right away - everyone is different adn it'll happen when the time is right.
Thank you so much for you're reply. That info helped. So some people have gotten prego because its you're most fertile. How long do you wait to take a test after trying if there's no time from when you had a period if you decide not to wait for a cycle?
You need to wait at least 2 weeks after intercourse before you can test. What I would do is wait till about 6/7 weeks after the d&c and if you've not a period by then, then test with first morning urine.

Your cycle is meant to return 4-6 weeks after the procedure so waiting that time before testing would be the best idea.
I also had a D&c done on 3-29-12 baby stopped growing this was my 2nd loss in 6 mos. but we will be trying again when we get the all clear. check up tomorrow and fingers crossed for all clear. Mt Dr did say just because we have had  2 loses in a row doesnt mean the 3rd will be a loss he is very optimistic that we will have a healthy baby..lots of baby dust to us all
I was pretty much in your situation a few years ago (did an vag u/s at 5 weeks and saw heartbeat and again at 6 weeks and heartbeat had stopped).  I was so upset as it was my first pregnancy and we'd tried for years.  I had a D&C as well and started trying as soon as I got my first period.  We got pregnant that month and I have a healthy happy 2 year old now (we had NO problems with the pregnancy).  Good luck to you.  If you are anything like me you spend your nights reading through forums of people who have had miscarriages and went on to have healthy pregnancies.  It's the only thing that got me through those dark days.

Good luck to you!!
Thank you again for the post. I have yet to get pregnant since my post. I got 2 cycles already and got put on 50Mg of clomidi think i'm ovulating today so hard to read ovulation tests!