Miscarriages Community
Why does a Fetal Heart Stop Beating?

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Why does a Fetal Heart Stop Beating?

I just found out that I m/c for the second time.  This time the baby was 9weeks and fourdays.  I'm supposed to be 11 weeks pregnant.  I thought everything was find...but Iwas wrong. I'm going in for a D&C tomorrow.  

I'm just wondering...will the D&C lessen my chances of having a healthy child?  

Why did the heart stop beating when everything else was just fine?

Should I have my OB examine the fetal tissue?  She says that it will not really show anything.  She says that it is more helpful for us to just have a work-up done for myself and my husband...what will this entail?

Life is a nightmare right now...and I don't know what to do.
First, I'm sorry for your loss.  After my m/c, my OB offered to test the tissue to make sure that whatever was causing the m/c wasn't genetic.  In my case it was not genetic, just abnormal chromosomes.  The testing really helped ease my mind.

My thoughts & prayers are with you.
Hi, this is from a British medical site.  I've posted it several times before, because it was useful to me when I had a miscarriage.

"Despite their prevalence, it is always devastating when a woman experiences a miscarriage. A large portion of women will experience at least one miscarriage during their reproductive years. If you have had a miscarriage, take the time to understand better why these occur and why it is not your fault.

"When you conceive and a baby is created, it takes half its genes from the sperm and half from the egg that ovulated that month. At the exact time of conception, the cross-over of these genes takes place. Sometimes, for no reason other than bad luck, some information is lost and the pregnancy is destined from that point not to be.

"It might be that this lost information is not needed for many weeks, and the pregnancy will continue as normal until that time. When the needed information is not there, it is then that the baby dies and you begin to miscarry.  Another cause might be that the baby did not implant, or bury itself, into the womb lining properly - once again, just due to bad luck.

"These are the most common reasons that women miscarry. Not because of something you did or didn't do, but just because of chance. Not because you drank alcohol, ate some unpasteurised cheese, or didn't take folic acid. Certainly not because you had sex or didn't rest enough.

"Whether you lay in bed from the day of your positive pregnancy test or went hang-gliding every day wouldn't have changed things. Its nature's way of making sure that when you do have a baby, it has the best chance for all of its life. Miscarriage does not mean that you won't be able to get pregnant again.

"A D&C (dilatation and curettage) or evacuation may be carried out to reduce the chance of infection and ensure that you don't continue bleeding over the following weeks. Very rarely, it can cause infection of the uterine lining. It is believed that the chance of this is less likely than had you not undergone a D&C. If this happens it usually responds well to a short course of antibiotics. The D&C doesn't weaken your cervix or make you more likely to miscarry in subsequent pregnancies.

"The risk of miscarriage decreases as pregnancy progresses. It is possible that as many as 50% of pregnancies miscarry before implantation in the womb occurs. Early after implantation, pregnancy loss rate is about 30% (i.e.; still before a pregnancy is clinically recognised). After a pregnancy may be clinically recognised (between days 35-50), about 25% will end in miscarriage. The risk of miscarriage decreases dramatically after the 8th week as the weeks go by.

"Many women miscarry more than once in their life. Considering the frequency of miscarriage, about 1 in 36 women will have 2 miscarriages due to nothing more than chance. Any miscarriages after that might prompt your doctors to suggest some tests to ensure that it isn't happening for some other reason."

Hope this helps.  

Thanks Annie for the information.  It really helped me in a way reason out what happened.  Still really sad, but my husband and I won't stop trying to have children.
Should I have my OB run lab tests on the fetal tissue after the D&C?
Yes, I would.... They didn't find anything in mine though...it wouldn't hurt and maybe you will get some answers... I am sorry for your loss... I am going to m/c... I have to wait until Thurs. before they see what they are going to do....  I have also m/c twice....why does this happen to us???
hi, i just went through the same thing and was devastated as you are. I am so sorry this happened to you. I was supposed to be 10 weeks and my baby stopped developing at 8 weeks, a few days after my next to last ultrasound. I previously saw the heart beat two other times and when i went in for another sono, it was gone. I too asked my doctor if the baby would be tested and he said that since it has already been so long, there is really no use. He says that it is just something that happens and like that article that anniebrooke posted. I wish that if there was something wrong with the baby at the very first first part of pregnancy that it wouldnt  continue. It is so much harder as time goes on and you are thinking that everything will be perfect. We were almost out of our third trimester and just knew that everything was ok this time. I know exactly how you are feeling and i am so sorry for you. This site really helped me through my loss and these ladies here are so wonderful in supporting you through your hard time. My heart goes out to you. Please just know that you will get through this, not today, or tomorrow or even the next day, but you will eventually and then you can begin trying to have a baby again. The odds are in our favor with the next baby, they have to be!!! Please, if you wanna talk, just let me know. I am here for you as well as all the other ladies here on this site. God bless you and you are in my thoughts and prayers tonight.
Amber
kierstynsmommy is so right about this site. I found this site earlier when i went through my miscarriage and then found solace in it when i went through my ectopic. The greatest comfort is knowing all these pple here will hear you out a thousand times and not judge your pain and be there to read your posts. SO please know you have friends in these sad times "HUGS"
I read that too and also found it very useful!! I have also found out too that at week 9 all the vital organs are developed, so it makes sense that mc chances go down a lot (the fetus has "used" all the information it needed from the chromosomes). This is something I also found helpful (from a British mc website too): "Research has shown that if you see a heartbeat at 6 weeks of pregnancy, the chances of the pregnancy continuing are 78%. A heartbeat at 8 weeks increases the chance of a continuing pregnancy to 98% and at 10 weeks to 99.4%. So things could still go wrong, but as long as there is a heartbeat, the risk of miscarriage decreases as the weeks go by".
Thanks for your comments Annie, it means a lot.  I have just found out at 8wks that the heart has stopped.  This is my 4th m/c and tomorrow morning i go for a D & C.  One week before xmas it really sux.  Why is it so hard?  Why does everyone else seem to get pregnant and so easily?  I am so sick of getting my hopes up, "staying positive" which didn't do me any good this time.  I did everything right... stopped exercising (now I feel fat for no good reason), didn't drink, slept, rested, no coffee, everything i was supposed to do and it still didn't work out.  Life is so unfair sometimes I wish things would get easier for me and my husband, just give us this one break please.  Found this amazing book which really helped me (got it off amazon for $1) and I really encourage anyone out there who feels like they haven't been listened to or need information to get it... "How to Prevent Miscarriage and Other Crises of Pregnancy - a leading high risk pregnancy doctor's prescription for carrying your baby to term" by Stefan Semchyshyn M.D.a nd Carol Colman.  Although it didn't stop me or help my baby's heart beat it gave me the questions to ask.  This sucks, I am going to put away all the baby clothes I got out (again) and put away my maternity clothes.  I'm so sad.  How do I deal with all the sympathy without getting angry?  Sometimes those 'looks' although they mean well just make me feel so much worse.
I just faced a misscarage, on 12/11/06. I went to the doctor for a regular check up I was 22 weeks along. He could not hear a heartbeat and sent me for an u/s. Unfortunately little Emily's heart was not beating anymore. I had seen her u/s 2 times before and everything was normal and she was in PERFECT health ( that is what the u/s and doctor had told us.) They sent me home and on 12/12/06 they put me in the hospital and induced labor, on 12/14/06 at 4:12 a.m. Emily was here, the doctors had talked about testing and etc but it was evident when she was born what the problem was. Little Emily had wrapped herself up in the umbilical cord and it had cut off her lifeline! I never thought I would be faced with this and this has been the most difficult 11 days of my life! We burried our little Emily on 12/16/06 she weighed 8 oz and was 9 inches long , It is so amazing how developed a baby is at only 22 weeks. We were able to hold our precious baby, she was so tiny yet all fingers, toes and etc perfect in everyway, yet her tiny heart was no longer beating. My heart goes out to the women on this site and every other women that has ever faced such heartache and tragedy in there life. I have a 12 yr old son and I am so thankful for him!!! My husband, my son and myself have never experienced such a loss in our lives!!! We were so excited, nursery is done bed is up and everything bought for her all we needed was our baby and within a matter of moments our excitement turned to such heartache. I can't tell anyone that it gets better, everyone keeps telling me that but I am still an emotional wreck and I feel so broken. God Bless everyone.
Everyone keeps saying "God Bless" am I the only one that thinks that God has given up on me?  I have had 3 miscarriages before and just found out Christmas Eve that I am pregnant again.  I am sure this pregnancy will end in miscarriage also.  I can just feel it I have been spotting and I went for blood tests and all of my hormone levels were low.  I am just so tired of trying with no results.  My husband wants a baby so bad and I am afraid that he is going to leave if I can't give him one.  Thanks for listening.
NO i don't think God had given up on us, I think that he knows what is in the future for the children and might be keeping them from some tremendous harm or etc. I was angry towards God when i first lost Emily, I think sometimes that most all parents are and have to ask a million times WHY OR WHY ME OR HOW COULD YOU? But I do beleive in God and I think without him I couldn't put ome foot in front of the other!
Im 10 weeks pregnant. Last week Baby's heartbeat was very faint  but everything else was perfect  baby was growing well. did another sonar today,no heartbeat and the baby stopped growing Im going in for a d&c tomorrow.
I came to the doctor when I was 10 weeks and 3 days along to find no heartbeat.  The fetus (as my husband wants me to call it) stopped developing about a week earlier.  I had a d&c on Sept 1st.. I had to redo it 3 weeks later due to some fluid that didn't drain out properly out of my cervix.  Because of the 2nd d&c, the whole ordeal was very long and heart-wrenching.  It was one doctor's visit after another.  One day I come to see my baby dancing for me, and the next my uterus is empty.    Here I thought I was going to have an easy, fun pregnancy.  I sat there reading pregnancy books and flipping through pregnancy magazines one day- and this HORROR the next.  It's been almost 2 months and I am a wreck.  I can't get over it.  My heart is broken and I can't sleep at night.  My husband's stance is that it's better this way than giving birth to an unhealthy child.  I should just move on and we'll try again in a few months.  He might be right, but I wanted THIS child to be healthy.  What the hell did I do wrong?? I followed doctor's orders to the T. No coffee, no alcohol, plenty of rest, no this no that.  Wasn't there some way to prevent this.  No test to predict it??
hi
HI, i dont know how to get over it.....i found out in Aug. that i was pregnant i was so happy to find out after one miscarrage (miscarriage) in April at 4 weeks. and then in Oct. i had my first ultrasound to also find that i was pregnant with twins all i remember thinking was that god blessed me with two for the one we lost months ago....everything was going great they were growing healthy, i heard their heartbeats twice before and saw them one more time before going to the doctor on the 7th of Nov. i went because i was worrying about them and didnt know why but when i went they found no heartbeats none. i was sent for an emergency ultrasound only to find that their little hearts had stopped at 14 weeks i just dont understand it why this is happening i dont know how to get over it how to stop crying i cant get the picture out of my head them lying there lifeless in me and there was nothing i could do. does anyone having any adivce for me i should be some what happy i have a little 21 month at home i just cant to deal with the fact that this is what god thought was best for them. and then to make matters worse 2 days after my d&c i got my milk in i just cant stop thinking i have milk for my babies but there not hear to feed.but like my mom says i have plenty of time i am only 20 years old. and emilys mom i dont know how you do it your a very brave women my heart goes out to all of you....but if anyone does have any adivce or what you did to ease your heart i would greatly appreicate it.
im sorry for all your losses i myself have once been in your shoes and it is not easy, but do not lose hope and do not blame yourselves for something that is completely out of your control, there are reasons why it has happened ones you may not know of now ,or may never know but I assure you it is not because God is against you although that is how it feels, but in truth this is a test you must overcome in your life a very trying one, I know its hard and you feel like its just not fair and feel as though something has been stolen from you,please have faith and know that it is not in your hands you are not the giver nor taker of life and one day things will get better, you will want to try again and it wont hurt as bad and God willing you will carry this new life to term
i know i may sound abit crazy but you really do have to trust that God wants only what is best for you in all his actions as hard and trying as life can get if you stay near faith during these times you´will reap the benefits the only thing that consoles me is knowing that my unborn child who was taken from me will one day speak for me on the day of judgement
Hi, I just lost my baby. I was 141/2 weeks pregenant when I went for my check up and the heatbeat was not there. My doctor sent me for a u/s right away and the baby was gone. It died a week and a half before. On 12/28/07 I went for a D/C. I know what all you women are going  through or went through, and I only wish you all the best in furture pregenacy. For all you first time mothers keep you chin up. This was my fourth pregenacy and the only one this has happened to me to. I hurt for all of you as I do myself, and we all have to have the strengh to get through this terrible thing that has happened. I cry everyday and hope one day I will be back to me. Best of luck ladies.  
Hello, I went in Monday to see my o/b wasnt feelin well. They check the heart beat n couldn't find it. did sonogram and baby was there but no heart beat he had stopped growing. I would've been 11 weeks wednesday Jan. 22, 2008. I have 1 daugther age 17 and couldn't get pregnant cuz I was over weight. I lost 46lbs and got pregnant. I taught this was a miracle but now I feel so helpless, angry, sad. I still have baby in me, going for D&C Thursday. I cant believe how things happen to good people this would've been my husband 1st child by blood. He raised my daughter at age 3, n has been a great father.  The only thing I can do is have hope and wonder why this happens. thanks
I too have been in the same situation. I went in for an ultrasound at 5 weeks, the doctors told me everything was fine. Then two weeks later I went back, and there was no heartbeat. It stopped shortly after the first visit. The only thing that keeps me going is my faith in God. I know it sounds cheesy, but at times like this that the only thing that we have to hold on to. We did everything right, but it still didn't work out. I know its hard, but if you believe that He will never leave or foresake you, and you hold on to Him with all your might, things will be ok. Im not saying you'll forget, but you will find yourself at peace with the situation.
God Bless
I too have been in the same situation. I recently had a D&C on 3/26/08. I found out that I was pregnant on 2/15/08, I went to the DR on 3/10/08 and had an U/S to confirm the pregnancy, and sure enough I was pregnant, 8 weeks, 1 day, and I was abl;e to see the baby & the baby's heartbeat. The heartrate was strong, 172 BPM. On 3/21/08, I had another U/S due to the previous 2 miscarriages that I had, and this time the Baby was still visible, but there was no heartbeat. I was truly devestated! The previous 2 I only made it to 5 weeks, but this time was different, my baby was actually growing. I just couldn't understand why this was happening, I had no spotting/cramping/bleeding, no signs of a miscarriage whatso ever. The U/S tech told me that my baby stopped growing at 8 weeks, 5 days. So 4 days after seeing this strong heartrate, my baby died. My OB, had the fetal tissue sent off for genetic testing, but the results haven't come back to me yet. My fiance and I are really confused and frustrated that this keeps happening to us. We have a 9yr old girl, and that pregnancy was normal, and she was born a healthy baby. I myself has questioned God to why he keeps letting this happen to me. So, I truly understand how some of you feel. I am slowly coming to peace with what happened. I pray for all of you for better outcomes in the future as I pray for myself & my fiance. We will try again one.
I just found out yesterday that I miscarried again.  The first time was Dec of 2007 and they called it a 'blighted ovum.'  This time I was 10 weeks and 5 days.  The doctor says the heart just stopped beating at around 9 weeks and the baby stopped growing.  I sympathize with all the women that have written in and truly feel your pain.  The first time for me was bad, but the reason why this one seems even worse is because I do feel like I caused the m/c.  Thinking back, at 9 weeks, which was only a week and a half ago, I ate a couple of pieces of smoked salmon.  Stupidly, I didn't realize 'smoked' was really pretty much raw!  I got really sick for 3 days after w/ stomach cramps, feeling like I wanted to vomit, and just extremely tired.  However, thinking it would just go away eventually, and not thinking it was so serious or would hurt the baby, I didn't go to the doctor.  I did call a couple of days after I felt better b/c I saw a tiny bit of blood on the toilet paper.  It was very light pink - very faint.  The nurse told me it was probably nothing and told me 'just to keep an eye on it.'  I haven't even set up my D&C appt yet and the baby is still inside me.  I still can't believe this is really happening.  I thought I'd wake up this morning and find out it was just a nightmare...  I feel like an idiot for not going to the doctor to make sure everything was ok.  I hate going to the hospital and never like to over-exaggerate an illness.  I guess I really paid the price this time!  I don't know if what I ate is the reason for the m/c but it makes so much sense w/ my getting sick and everything.  I feel it must have been listeriosis that I got.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I feel like I'm going to be kicking myself about this for the rest of my life.  
just found out today that the baby stopped growing a week ago and despite seeing a heart beat two weeks ago the baby is gone.  they have told me that this time on the scan there is two yolk sacs and that next week they will rescan me to see if there is any hope for the other one but at 8 week i think they should be able to tell by now.  its ok for people to say that there is still hope but they dont have two dead babies inside them.  people seem to think that just because i already have a baby that i should be fine.  i am sooo thankful for my little boy but cant help feeling i have done something wrong.  i want to wake up tomorrow and be pregnant again.  its cruel of them to give me hope but inside i know there is none i feel empty and confused.
I just had a D&C May 30, I was 11 1/2 weeks pregnant with twins and two weeks ago I had some light spotting since this was my 3rd pregnancy I went to the ER and they did blood work and the dr checked my cervix and they did a ultrasound they babies were fine moving around and I heard the heart beat for the first time I was so excited and the dr put me on pelvic rest for a few days. The spotting stopped and I waited a week to see my dr. I went in thinking everything was still fine but no heart beat on either of the babies. My heart is broken and I want answers as to why I keep miscarring.
hello, i saw your post and my heart litterally goes out to you... as well as all of the others on here... i just went through my 4th mc/ this past wed... its the furhest i have gotten 9 1/2 weeks but baby stopped growing at 6 wks.. dr gave me high dose of cytotect to pass it..... thought i was done but dr said to take another dose.. i took it a few hours ago and not to be gross or anything but i am passing extremely huge clots... ive been going good but my heart is aching tonight i just want to feel better...............

have you ever been checked for progesterone levels?

I just had a D&C two days ago. Tomorrow will be exactly a week that my doctor told me that my baby was no longer alive. I was something I didn't understand because I am supposed to be 15 weeks pregnant almost four months. That is definitely out of the first trimester. It hurts so bad because i did get to see my baby bouncing around and hear its beautiful heart beat. I felt good. tired but good. What hurts the most is that this is the second child that i lose. i can only feel guilt that maybe its because i try to do so much. Full time school, work three jobs and fiancee. I did elect to have testing done on my baby and I will be going in also. I want to know what the problem is because i cant endure another heart break. im tired of seeing pregnant woman when that is all i want now. I really want my baby back!!! I want what others take for granted. Moments I feel strong and see things in positive light and others Ican help but feel hurt, anger, and envy. I just don't know what to think or feel. im in a daze most of the time.
have your dr told any of you why the haert stopped beating?

I just had my 2nd m/c and I also heard the haertbeat 3 weeks ago.

They have done tests but the dr said everything looked normal. The problem is that me and my hubby have different bloodgroups....

We really want answers so....

I had a miscarriage 6 months back. Now I am 6 weeks preg,  but the u/s showed 4weeks 5 days no fetal node. The doctor has advised  complete rest..hoping it might help. If God is doing the best for you why does it hurt so much..  The only thing i can do now is pray.. All of you are in my prayers.. I hope our prayers reach Him
All of you want to know why you miscarried at 9 weeks. I was 19 weeks yesterday and went in for an ultrasound found out it was a boy. Then got a call from the doctors, the baby has not formed any of its organs. But yet it has a perfect heartbeat and did yesterday too. And yet it can kick and move with nothing inside of him. I dont understand it. They want to induce me and have me go in labor to push a baby out that will die, and it would have been my first one. I can go full term with the baby and have him kick, move, have the body grow and the heart beat perfectly but when it comes out and hits air it will die. Im just so angry and upset, of how this can be happening.
I just had a D and C done yesterday and this was my first miscarrage (miscarriage).  I was horrified and I still am.  If I were you I would thank God that the baby is still alive and trust that when you birth he or she will come out with all organs.  God is in control and he knows best.  You have to have faith and believe that God will bring your baby out alive and well.  Don't give up!
I had my second d&c yesterday.  I was 15 weeks and went for my amnio.(i am 35)  just 2 weeks pryer to that i went to the doctor and the baby's heart beat was strong and it was jumping around like crazy....i joked to my husband that i hoped the baby didn't come out to be as hyper.  Before the amnio they did the u/s to measure and prepare the test,  i didn't see the heart beat.  they brought in 2 specialists who both didn't see it either.  my heart dropped and broke in a million pieces on the floor.  My husband had to leave work, he hasn't stopped cying, he is not taking this well at all.  He has an 11 year old daughter and i love her, but i really wanted this baby.  Our baby together instead of sharing his.  I just thank God we never told his daughter.  I wanted to wait until I got the results back from the amnio that everything was ok...I was still nervous because of my last miscarraige (miscarriage).  That only lasted 81/2 weeks, and this time once we pasted that point I felt great, my doctor even said the last visit before that I was pretty much in the clear.."most missed pregnancies are within the first 10 weeks".  
This pregnancy I did everything by the book...I felt like a nerd a little.  I stayed clear of all cheese, only ate shell fish 2x a month, drank only decaf coffee, soda, iced tea, whaterver.  I took my pills the same time everyday, I even stayed away from salty foods.  I thought all this would help....none of it did.
I get mad when I think about all these women that are such horrible mothers, mothers who abuse, mistreat, just take for granted the fact that they have had a healthy beautiful child.
I will try again and keep on trying....nothing is gonna stop me from having a baby of my own. they are testing the pregnacy, then they are taking some tests on me, then they said if everything goes well we can start trying again....and we will.
Best wishes to everyone....although you will NEVER forget, especially the next time you get pregnant, the pain in your heart will get better.
After having three healthy boys, I got pregnant with my fourth. I was very excited and saw the baby bouncing around on the u/s at 10 weeks. The tech said I had a very active baby. Then one night as I was watch ER and everyone else was in bed, I suddenly felt the baby's spirit leave me. It was a quiet woosh that went up from me. I cried and said no, don't go. The next day, Valentines Day, I went to my scheduled appointment, and told my doctor what I had felt the night before. She assured me that everything was okay, however when she went to listen to the heartbeat, it wasn't there. She grabbed the u/s machine and didn't find a heartbeat or movement either. I had to wait a whole day before I could get scheduled in to the bigger u/s machines that show color/blood flow. This was the longest night of my life, but when I went in it was confirmed that the baby had died. I got to deliver my little Johnathan, who was so perfect in every way. There was no reason why his heart stopped, only that it did. My heart ached for months and was in zombie land. However 9 months later I got pregnant with my daughter, who was born healthy and strong.

Now thirteen years later, I found out I was pregnant with a suprise! I'm now 8 weeks pregnant and felt that same feeling of the spirit leaving me again. I went in to urgent care last night to confirm my feelings, and they could not find a heart beat. They told me to keep my appointment next week and have another u/s, but I know that this baby has gone too.

The presense of life is so powerful, and when it leaves... if you're quiet enough, you can feel it leave. Has anyone else experienced their baby's spirit leave? I love my children who have gone, and I can't wait to meet them in heaven. I know this baby I just lost was a girl... no doubt. See you soon my little angels!!!
I rarely see any posting from fathers on this site, but it impacts us as well.  My wife has health issues and one of our good friends volunteered to carry our child.  We attempted IVF one time with no success, but the second time, our surrogate became pregnant.  We made it to 18 weeks with all tests and doctor's comments favorable.  Then our surrogate had some bledding.  We went to the emergency room where we were told it was only a clot behind the placenta and that we should be okay.  We requested an ultrasound with our own doctor one week later and, sure enough, the baby's heart had stopped during that one week.  Our son was delivered on Tuesday morning and we got a chance to hold him.  One of the most difficult days of my life.  We were amazed at how much he had developed - all body parts looked perfect, just no heart beat.

My wife and I are devestated and looking for answers.  Unfortunately, we cannot find any.  It was very selfless of our friend to volunteer, and we feel guilty asking her again. So much effort has gone in to this with such disappointing results. These things are not supposed to happen at 18 weeks.
two days ago I found out that my baby's heart was not beating. I was sent to the ER to make sure everything was fine but there were no vital signs. My doctor gave me some pills to induce my body to expell the baby but I didn't take them I refuse to believe that my baby is not alive. I truly believe in God and that miracles can happen...I'm 15 weeks...and I've been crying so much but I do expect a miracle...
I was 16 weeks pregnant and went to the doctors for a regular check up but no heartbeat. They sent me for an u/s and no good news. Had a D&E done on 1/15/09. I really want to have another baby soon cause i'm getting up there in age but, I'm scared to get pregnant again because I have 3 girls and that was my boy. I was very happy that I was haveing a boy. Now if I get pregnant with a girl I don't know how i'll take it. Can someone give me some advice...
I just found out 2 days ago my baby's hear stoped beating.Everything was going great!I am in perfect health.I just don't understand.The doctor don't have an answer.Nobody does.I still want to know WHY?At ultrasound(i had a 4D)it showed that the baby developed great,the sac measured the right size....everything was good,I am going for d&c monday,but before i will i want to ask one more time for another ultrasound...for my peace of mind.Maybe,just maybe something happened that day and they culdn't hear..i don't know..it happened before.Or maybe i am not that far that i think i am,maybe i ovulated later in my cycle.I don't know...
How do you go on with your life?How do you keep your eyes dry,when i can't stop crying?How can i start to live my life again when everywhere i look i see a pregnant woman,a baby,a comercial with gerber food,toys or other baby stuff.Than is the birth control...Sad...Some woman have babies and they don,t want them.The abuse the kids,even kill their own kids.Others are pregnant and they use drugs,they drink,smoke do all the bad stuff and still give birth to healthy babies.And i did everything right and my baby died.Makes me so angry!!!Why?Why,can't woman who wants kids can't have any?Life it so unfair!!!I just wish i can go on...At least try to,but right now i just can't.My husband is so great.He is my rock and he is just as hurt as i am,but he dosen't show.We cryied toghether tuesdat when we got the news,but now he is strong for me.I love him so much.He is great!We will try again soon as i recover from this ordeal.
I wish all of you the best!!!
I had a miscarriage about two weeks ago. I was pregnant nearly 13 weeks when we went our  first scan we found out our baby stop developing when it was 7 weeks. It was a shock. There was nothing we could do. I had D&C 10th February. I thought as soon as I finished 12 weeks everything will be perfect, it wasn't ;-(((
I was pregnant at the same time 5 of my other friends, my one would be the youngest one...but it did not go well...
I would like to have a baby soon but now I am so scare, I have no courage anymore…Please advise me

All the best for all of you!!!!

I recently had a miscarriage - I was 10 weeks along. My husband and I had gone in for a routine visit. We were so excited as we were going to be able to hear the baby's heartbeat. Unfortunately - there wasn't one. Like stated by so many others, one minute I'm pregnant and excited to see how my baby has grown and the next the Dr. is telling you that there is no fetal heartbeat and there is nothing that can be done. I felt to helpless - here I'm supposed to protect my child and there was nothing to be done. They confirmed everything the next day and in the afternoon I was already in for a D&C. I go back to the Drs. on Wednesday to make sure everything with the D&C went well and that I am healing properly, I'm hoping they have some answers for me as to why it happened. My guess is that it is because they found out that I have hypothyroidism. I was first diagnosed with sub-clinical hypothyroidism when I found out I was pregnant, but they don't give you any mediciation for that - only when it becomes full-on hypothyroidism. Which of course, then it is usually too late. Having a thyorid condition means that a woman has 4 times a greater chance of miscarrying than normal.

Knowing this doesn't make it any easier - I still lost my child - but it helps to know that they are in heaven and I will see them again one day.

But please always have your doctor run thyroid tests (you can develop hypothyroidism from becoming pregnant) specifically ask for it or else they will just run the regular tests on your blood and it may not show up on those results. If they tell you that you are just sub clinical - then set up appointments to have it checked once a week. This way if it does develop further - they can put you on medication asap and you'll know that you did everything to prevent a miscarriage.

I was exactly 19 weeks 6days when I started having some bleeding. Having had a really bad first trimester - bleeding throughout - I went to the doctors. I had two lovely twins whom we had nicknamed Luke and Leah of Star Wars. The doctors did an ultrasound and one of the twins has no heartbeat. This is the smaller of the twins...it was so sweet and struggled to survive from week 6 and had finally settled and now it is dead. What is so sad is they cannot remove it since I have the other twin who ironically is doing very well. I know I should be happy that one is alive but I can't keep feeling I let the little one down. It lies there so small and still and I cannot touch it or do anything to say goodbye. Nothing can be done to remove the dead twin...its tissue will be re-absorbed back into my body. I will actually 'eat' my own baby !!!! My doctor says it will take a month or two for it to disappear. By then it will be 7 weeks when I would have expected to be delivering the twins. What scares me is what if the other baby's heart stops beating too... I will literally go mad. We cannot conceive naturally, this was an ICSI pregnancy.

I agree with imsuzym, I felt it when my baby died, I just did not know that is what was happening since it is my first pregnancy. I know I should be grateful for having one alive but I really wanted my Luke and Leah.
I just had my second m/c. I should have been 11weeks and went in because I didn't "feel right" (I knew something was wrong) The dr. could not find the heartbeat. They did another u/s and still no heart beat. My husband was there and he was finally able to see our baby (he had not been there earlier as he had to work) but our baby was dead. It is really hard to not think that God is mad at us for something. I know that I am supposed to praise him through this storm but it is very difficult... I feel hopeless and empty. My husband has been great but I can't help but feel that I let him down too. I did everything I was told and did not push myself. I just don't understand.. I want my baby back. I hate this, will it ever stop hurting so bad. I really feel like I want to just give up all together. Please email me and let me know what I can do to stop this pain. ***@****
Hello ladies..

I would first like to say sorry for all your losses.  I too am going through my second m/c in a year.  Hubby and I TTC in January 09 and were successful.  At 6 weeks 5 days I had sharp pains and fainted at work.  Had an u/s and was told the babies heart stopped beating.  2 hcg tests a few days later confirmed the terrible heartbreaking news.  I had a d&c a day later.  After 4 months of recovering and unpredictable cycles we fell pregnant again.  We were soooo excited - finally, there was no way we could m/c again as we were told there was only a 1% chance.  This past Monday I went in for my first u/s (8 weeks 2days) - supposed to hear the h/b but learned the baby was only measuring  7 weeks 4 days and no h/b!  I was/am devastated.  They want to do a f/u u/s in a week but i can already feel my pregnancy symptoms fading.  My husband and I are heartbroken and soo afraid to m/c next time.  We have no children but really want to have a family.  I can only pray we are lucky next time.  I will be asking to have the tissues tested after dnc and hopefully get some testing done on hubby and I.  We had the tissues tested the first time and all I was told was that it was normal placental tissue which tells me nothing.  I hope 3 times the charm.  My question is literally - why does the fetal heart stop beating?  I really would like to know.  I wonder if progestterone treatments would help in missed miscarriage?
Baby dust to you all!
I have had 3 miscarriages, and I don't have any "living" children.  My last m/c was just over a year ago and I am just now able to talk about it, think about it or deal with it in any way.  I've tried to convince myself that I don't like children and don't want any, but I know that I'm just lying to myself.  I try to stay away from kids because it is just too painful to even look at them.  I wish that no one had to go thru the pain that we all have, but at the same time I am glad that there are people who truely understand how I feel.  Thank you to everyone who has posted comments about their experiences, it has been very comforting to me and to others I'm sure.
I have been through a missed miscarriage too. I was about 16 weeks pregnant and went for my regular appontment and the midwife couldn't hear the heartbeat on doppler and arranged for scan for next day. when the scan was carried out, they informed us that there was no heartbeat. it was such a shock and my heart just dropped as my baby was alive at 12 week scan and i clearly remember sonographer pointing at the heatbeat. I was told that baby was about 13 weeks old, when the heartbeat stopped. I had to go through induced labour and give birth to my baby boy. I already have two baby girls that i knew in my heart that i will have a baby boy, which will complete my family. but didn't know that we will have to go through this. I ask god sometimes, why has this happened to us. what have we done to deserve this? It is so hard to move forward and if i get pregnant again, i will be having horrible thoughts in my mind!!.
I want to say thank you very much. I can relate to your feelings and I am glad that I am able to read these message and get some peace. On Monday this week, my baby's heart stopped beating and I was devastated. I had my D and C on Tuesday.This was my 3rd pregnancy. My first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage at 6 months. I later had a son, he is now 5. I asked why me and how come? I was angry at God. I doctor said most likely it had to do with the chromosomes and it was nature's way of saying stop something is wrong. I thought he was bull-shitting me until I read your comments.
Thanks much. I feel better.
I've found this wonderful site, and I thank for this comments, yes Its very difficult moment, I had a m/c last year and i just came from doctor appointment, and there isnt hearbeat since 2 weeks ago. Im 11 weeks,
Is such a bad new u cant handle it, i have the D&C on thursday. But as others ladies said dont stop keep trying. Bless for all of you.
Hi to all
I lost my first baby boy at 40 week just before my schedule induce labor, suddenly heart beat was stopped my pregancy was 100% normal till end its just i was not lucky one to have him. there was nothing wrong till last date i always say why me. but I know god has another plan for me.
its very hard to lose your first child on valentine day 14 feb 2009 i am still recovering from this shock.
I will always love him in my heart no matter how many kids I have in future.
I am a south-east asian. I found myself pregnant last October and was so excited about it. I went to my mid-wife and had my dating scan booked. I was so excited eventhough i was experiencing all the sickness. I thought 3 months of torture will be well worth it as long as I get a healthy baby in return. But at 11th week (the week before i was due to have the dating scan), i suddenly experienced bleeding which flows out like a period but no pain at all. I therefore went to have an emergence scan (on my husband's birthday. What the scan found was that there were a few patches of tissue in my uterus and there was no sign of a foetus. I was so shocked and was told by the consultant at the hospital that I had a molar pregnancy. This is a type of pregnancy which is rare to western people but quite common to south-east asian, and i need to ensure it is completely removed from my body before i try again as i might be getting the same thing a gain if there is trace of it remaining in me. I was devastated when i heard about this, and thought this is what I am giving to my husband on his birthday?? I had a D&C the next day to clear out everything and spent the 10 months after that collecting my urine sample month for testing by the hospital to ensure my hormone has returned to normal before I start try again for the next baby. In that 10 months, i kept thinking: Why me?? I couldn't help but just cry and cry....
In September this year, I found out I was pregnant again. this time i was very careful and went for an early monitoring. So i had my first scan on which i thought was the 8th week of my pregnancy. The result of the scan (although not very clear) showed there was a foetus of 2mm long and with heartbeat. wierd that i was not as big as i expected but this will do as long as it continues to grow healthily. I was so happy thinking that it is going to work out this time and I am going to tell all my family members soon. Two weeks later (which was yesterday) i went back again to have another scan to re-assess viability. But this time there was no heartbeat and the baby has just grown to 3.8mm. I was, and still shocked by this news. The doctor told me that I will need to come back to do another scan next week as I am not convinced by the result. So I agreed to rescan. I was told that I could just stay put and do nothing until the baby is discharged from by body naturally. I think I am going for this option as I don't want to go through another d&c again....I was crying all day yesterday and thinking what else is going to happen to me again? I had the molar pregnancy, now i have the miscarriage....Why are these happening on me? Am I really that bad luck? or is it something wrong with my body? i am really lost now.....
i am so glad to have found this site. i am 39 years old and my husband and i decided last year to have one more child.(he really wants a son) my youngest is 12 years old. i have hypothyroidism that i have been treating for 2 years and i assume is under control. i was able to become pregnant pretty easily in january of this year, i had early pregnancy hypertention, but none of the medical people seemed concerned with this. everything else seemed to be going pretty normal. i had all the pregnancy signs and we were so excited. i went for my first dating u/s at 8 weeks, but the baby had no heartbeat and only measured at 6 weeks. i was devastated. it took almost 6 months to become pregnant again. i had early hypertention again and this time they started me on meds. i woke up yesterday morning with some mild bleeding that progressively got worse with cramping. i went to the emergency room, where i was forced to sit in a waiting rm. for 3 hours only to be taken in the back where i would wait another 5 hours to have an u/s and find out that once again....no heart beat, im supposed to be 8 weeks and measuring only 6 weeks. exactly like before. is it my hypothyroidism? is it whatever is causing hypertention? is it my age? the doctors dont tell me anything. i really dont think i want another dnc. not sure i can try for another anymore. any advice? i feel so sad and alone.
Thank you all for sharing! On Nov10, going for a regular check up I found out that my baby does not have a hart beat. I was supposed to be 11 weeks, but the baby was measuring only 8 weeks. I saw the baby's hart at 7 weeks, my previous check up, when everything was fine. The same day I had a D&C, after another doctor confirmed no hart beat. I am trying to understand how and why it happened, looking back what I have done on the 8th week, what might have cause it. I can not get out of my had the ultrasound with my baby without a hartbeat. It hurts so bad. I can not understand why no signs of a miscariage for 3 weeks, why no bleeding or cramping. Everything seemed fine, I even gained weight.
last tuesday (3 days before xmas) i went to doctors routine scan (13 week scan) and found out there was no heart beat i had my partner and my 3 year old daughter with me to see her sibling but when the doctor went quiet i knew it wasnt good then she gave me an internal scan to confirm my baby was dead inside me and measured at 12weeks 4days.  she then asked did i want a picture i said no the picture she showed me was of my baby lying on its side lifeless now i cant get the image out my head and cant stop crying ive not been for my D&C yet cause i refused to believe the scan was right now almost a week has passed and ive decided to go for the D&C.  i just dont want to lose my baby but knowing its dead inside me is killing me and my relationship.  my partner is devasted. i want to know how this happened, i had a scan at 6 weeks and there was a heart beat and baby was correct size for age.  how can this happen all of a sudden?  i blame not taking enough folic acid and stress.  i now want sterilised i dont want to put my family thru it again.  i hate life the only reason i need to live is for my daughter and partner.  i give up!
It is a nasty event to happen to anyone I know...i had 5 miscarriages within 6 years.. They ranged from 7 weeks, 9 weeks, 10 weeks, and 11 weeks.  I got to the point of being a complete wreck whenever the routine scan came along.  I became pregnant in 2007 and even though all was well, all I could do was worry all through my pregnancy..  Being monitored all throughout because of previous problems helped me know that the baby was ok, but I still could not relax.  I know only too well the pain of miscarriage, but I also did not want to give up trying for a baby.  It is tough, very tough and it does hurt and will for a long time..  Be patient if you can, you will get there in the end.. I never gave up and I am glad I didnt.  
I am new to this site but like many of you, I am not new to m/c.  I had my 2nd D&C today. I m/c my first pregnancy in Mar 2009 at 6 weeks naturally. The most painful event both physically and emotionally that any human can endure. My second loss was in August, 2009 I didn't want to experience the pain so I opted for the D&C. They were able to test the tissue, they told me it was female and everything looked good.  However, I requested that they do a full panel on me after the 2nd m/c.  This is something that I haven't really heard any of the other participants have talked about on this blog.  I thank a friend of mine that went through the same thing and after going to a specialist in fertitlity and having this full work up done, she discovered she had MTHFR. This is a genetic disorder that causes cells to have difficulties processing Folic Acid and B-Vitamins. In addition, there could be other factors that cause blood clotting around the fetus as well.  Thanks to her, I urged my doctor to run the panel on me. The blood panel consists of 5 major components that they try to eliminate, including blood clotting disorders, certain infections, shape of uterus, natural things in a woman's body that can interfere with pregnancy, and a few others.  After my doc did the full panel, I too had MTHFR. My doc prescribed a high dose of FOlic Acid and B-vitamins and also blood thinner Lovenox after I conceived to thin my blood. This was supposed to help with lowering the risk of a blood clot.  Usually people with MTHFR m/c around 5 or 6 weeks.  THat was my case.  So I got pregnant again this Nov. I was so positive and hopeful.  I passed the 6 week mark and thought I was in the clear.  THis was goign to be a good pregnancy. I went in for my 7 week ultrasound and found out i had twins but no heartbeat.  My doc, my husband and I were SHOCKED.  We had no idea how this could happen.  Of course we search for answers but in reality there probably isn't any.  I thought my docs found the answer but yet here I am in agony because I woke up this morning with twins in my womb and am falling asleep empty.  

LD84 do not lose hope!!!! It will happen.  Just think of all the amazing things you have in your life and know that this one element is just something that we women have to stuggle a little harder for.  Keep fighting and you will be blessed with a healthy baby really soon.  I thought I would be angry with GOD right now but instead I have instilled more faith in him.  I am grateful to be alive myself, I am grateful for everything I have and one day I will look back on this and look at my children and see how much I fought for them one day.  Look at your daughters eyes now and get the strength to fight for another blessing like her.  You are blessed as are all the women on this site.  It will happen for all of us one way or another.
hey everyone..im 23, and found  out at 10 weeks of pregnancy that the heart stopped... :( dont know why....the next day, my doctor got it out..three days ago...i'm pretty fine..i dont want anyone feeling sorry for me, and i believe that everything happens for a reason...as i see, it has happened to many of us, and its simply supposed to be this way..for the women, that cant easily get over it, i think that it would help, thinking of what happened as a sickness, or just an experience..something that was just meant to be..to know, that its best, not to get our hopes up,when we are not certain, or 100% sure of something..it is not in our hands what god desides for us..and for those who do not believe, see it as the science way of telling us that something  was simply wrong, and our body was strong enough to understand it..i might even say that i am grateful in a sad way, that i didnt give birth to a sick child..you know?...be strong...how will you be  able to take care of your child, when at last it WILL grow in you, be born, and something happens to it at school, or in the park..?you will have to be strong enough to go through many difficulties that lie ahead..maby all this is a lesson for us to be stronger women, for the things to come..dont be sad...believe that everything is for the best, and when the time is right, you WILL have a baby, and i am sure it will be as healthy as a bull! :) love&peace to all of you..
My baby left me on Jan 11, 2010, when I'm 11 weeks pregnant. He is only 7 weeks old without any heart-beating. I have almost shed all my tears on his leaving.
Female colleagues around me, they get pregnant easily and their babies are all healthy, but why this happened to me?
I feel so warm to find this place. No one understand this terrible feeling better than all these sad mothers here.
Let's get prepare to welcome our next healthy baby!

Hi, Ive been pregnant with 2 babies both m/c in the first 3 months. I dont know if its only me but I fell I knew the genders of my babies when I was pregnant. I read come comments on here that given me reassurence for why these happened. All m/c are a tradgic loss, I feel for some of the comments I have read... Truly horrific tradadies. Our babies however big or small where here and are watching over you. I only hope and will breath deeply everyday if i am lucky enough to feel that vibrant golw of majic again. to my dear friend who recently lost at 12 weeks, love is with you.
I just found out my baby's heart stopped beating at 10 weeks... I'm 13 weeks along and have had no symtoms (symptoms)...I'm 36 and worried I may not be able to go full term.. I have the most amazing two boys ages 9&10,,,the hardest thing I did was tell them tonight, I didn't expect them to rake this as hard as they did..how do I explain what happened when I'm not sure myself!!?! How long till I can try to concieve (conceive) again? And how long does it take to recover from d&c???
I am the Mother of a woman who recently lost her child  at 8 weeks into her pregnancy. I wanted to tell all the women who went thru this terrible experience to know that in time the hurt and the pain will heal even if at the moment it seems like it never will. Losing a baby at any stage of pregnancy is hard on anyone,it even affects the rest of the family. I have been waiting to love a grandbaby for so long and when my daughter finally got pregnant the happiness only lasted 8 weeks..the fetus heart stopped beating. One minute it`s healthy,the next it`s gone. You are hurt, you are angry, you blame God, you blame yourself...in the end it`s just one of those horrible things that you never think will happen to you. So I am telling everyone  Stay strong,Stay focused and know that you Will conceive again, you Will be happy again and YES, there will be a baby again. I am staying strong and hopeful. God Bless you all!
Wow, i have never posted anything in my life. I am not what you would call an "open book" in fact it is very difficult for me to share my feelings with anyone, so im not sure whats gonna come out.

on February 17, 2010 my husband and I went into have our gender determination ultrasound at one of those fancy shmancy 3D places. This was very exciting for us because at 18 weeks this was the farthest we had gotten after 2 previous miscarriages. We were on cloud nine after being told 4 weeks prior by our Dr. that everything looked perfect.
As soon as the baby came into view I knew something was wrong. The baby wasnt moving at all and was all pulled up into a tight fetal position. The tech frantic, scrambled for the doppler to check for the heart beat............silence.
Unfortunately because there was no Dr. at this facility I had to repeat an ultrasound at my Dr.s office. I had a D&C that afternoon. it all happened so fast. Before i went to sleep I asked my Dr. (who is also my childhood friend of 25 years)  if i could please  have her back after the pathology exam so that I could bury her. Silly me, I expected to hold her when all was done. All I got back were pieces. (apparently if your baby is under 20 weeks they aren't considered people just tissue, which is why i was able to take her home) well "my tissue" had hands fingers and toes among all other unrecognizable pieces. I have never been so terrified in my life, but also frantic to put her back together. My husband gently took her from me and said " lets put her to rest baby."
We buried her Payton Emily Foster on February 23rd, and had her pink granite stone paced on March 17th, just a few weeks ago.

Im not sleeping much these days and just started my period yesterday. I have been craving to get pregnant asap, but now that my cycle has returned, I feel guilty at the thought.
I am not sure as to what response I hope get from everyone if any. My husband just wants me to find some outlet as I do not talk about it to any of my friends who are either pregnant or have a newborn. I hope everyone here has, or will find serenity and grace in the face of ultimate loss.
i have had 3 misscarriages now,, 1 at 6 weeks 2nd at 8weeks then the 3rd was when the heart stopped beating at 10weeks they cancelled my 12 week scan and when i went to my midwife at 16weeks she couldnt find the heart beat,, so i had a emergency u/s and they confirmed my fears and i had a D&C another 2weeks later.. yes 2weeks later.. how inconsiderate!!  broke my heart,,, dont ever use miltonkeynes hospital i tell you!! who in there right mind cancells your 12 weeks scan anyway??? but after a long time of hurt, depression, drinking i turned my life back around and now 3 years later new partner im pregnant again,, i had a 9week scan everything was fine,, everyone says ur ok now,, but they dont seem 2 understand i had a 9 week scan b4 and altho it was fine at the time just a week later it all ended,, im sure its goin to happen again my scan is this friday i cant relax i feel like ill be letting my fiancee down if it all goes wrong,, i want our baby so much,,, is the babys heart beat likey to stop a second time?? have any of you gone on to have children?? im sorry to all of you who have had misscarriages,,, i know how it feels my love goes out to you all x
i am 26 and found out i was pregnant (first pregnancy) in march. i had an u/s on monday april 20 to find that the baby had no heart beat. i was supposed to be 11.5 weeks, my first pregnancy. i was so upset, esp. since my dad passed away march 17 and i thought God had given me new life and i was going to name the baby after my dad. my dr. heard a strong heartbeat a week ago and so to confirm the baby is in fact dead the midwife told me i will go for a second u/s later on today. but it is highly unlikely that the u/s tech made a mistake, she even did an internal u/s. so i am assuming i will go for a d&c. i hope i can return to my reg. cycles soon so that my husband and i can try again.
thank you to all for this forum, it has brought me relief in knowing there are others out there in the same position. and it has also helped my faith b/c right away i felt so angry at God but He has a plan i suppose.
i have baby girl before 5 years than i had 6 aborsion than after i try 2 time but miscarriage 1st due to Ruball virus was 9.2 so after 6 week baby no hart bits and after that tretment i try 2ed time the same problem has happen after 6 week and 5 days there is no hart bits before one week ago there is ok devlopment as per Doctor told me but then after this has happen and my doctor told me for genatic test but i am filling helpless can any one help me for that and also suggest any good doctor where i can show report and than start try agine with help and guidance.... my contact email is ***@****
i had a m/c 2 weeks ago i thout i was 9 weeks but i had two u/s one doctor told me there was a heart beat and the next day another doctor told me the baby stopped growing at 6 week!!! i was really confused and angry at the doctor for tellin me there was a heartbeat .... had a d&c last week ...
hi im ann 22 years old ..last two weeks i am 6weeks and 6 days pregnant and i had my first ultrasound and everything is good as well as the heartbeat of the baby..
only is i had subchorionic hemorrhage.
the doctor advice me to have a bed rest and take folic acid,nevramin and anmum milk.and after 2weeks she want me to do ultrasound again to monitor the subchorionic hemorrhage.
i do follow her advice, and today i just been for the ultrasound and after the ultrasound the perinatologist says that she not find the heartbeat and no cardiac activity,,..and still i have the suchorionic hemorrhage,,
she advice me to talk my doctor about this ..i am really worried, it is our first baby and we already excited that the baby come soon..anybody had same situation?
pls help me by praying that everything is going to be good.
I went on Tues to have my 1st u/s at 10wks2days and they couldnt find the heartbeat, and the baby was measuring 7wks5days which wasnt possible, so today 5/13/10 i went and seen my doc to have an internal u/s which found no heartbeat and that the baby died at 8wks5days. Its hard b/c I had 2 boys and a genetic mutation that only effects boys, and only one of my boys have it so its 50/50 wheather they get it or not, and doesnt effect girls. So now I am beginning to believe that I was having another boy, and God felt I either couldnt handle another mentally challenged child (boy) or something else was wrong.  It is hard this is my first m/c and I cant have a D&C 5/18/10 which is the day before my oldest sons birthday.
This is my 4th time pregnant.

I have had 3 miscarriages... all ended at 4wks....

My dr had put me on progesterone pills which seemed to have been helping...i had heard my babies heart beat at 5wks all the way till last week (8wks) well i went in today to get a check up....and my baby heart stopped beating and i was still measuring at 8wks and i was supposed to be 9 1/2wks almost 10wks.... im hurt.... it upsets me that i keep going through this.... i never had a D&C with my other miscarriages just always let them happened naturally cause there was never anything in the gestational sac.... so i dont know if i want to do a D&C cause i dont know if i can deal with flushing my "baby" down a toilet....
Hi All

I can only imagine what i feels like to have a baby is growing in your belly to only learn its no longer the case in ealry pregnancy.
I just lost my baby girl at 35 weeks. I dont know what could be worse, having the chance taken off you so early or so late in a pregnancy. Its just aweful either way

All i want to do is try again and get the child my partner and i deserve

I believe that positive thinking is the only HOPE i have left

I also think if something wasent right with my angel (and yours too), id rather they have passed like they did than have them develop anymore unhealthy.

So to all of you that are hurting, dont look into all the negative stories, look into the positive ones too and draw courage from them.

The lord has a plan for us all and i think he sends the little angels we lost back to us some day...
I am sticking to that story anyway.

Love to all the angel mummies out there. YOU ARE NOT ALONE....

Keliey's Mum kristy
this is my first child and im only 16. Im 13 weeks. i went to the docter's for the first time and they coundnt find a heartbeat and she told me it stop growing at 9 weeks. im really hoping that it may be a mistake but i know the chances of that is very rare. im hoping that the next time i go they will say that last time was a mistake. im going insane because its my first and my whole family was looking foreword to it. i know..some may say im still a kid to raise a child but i really dont mind your opinion its just i know i can do it and my family support me even till now.

im just praying someone will tell me their story and tell me it will be fine.

please if anyone email me at ***@****

thank you so much and im sorry for those who lost their baby or babies.
I had a scan at 8.5 wks. Sonographer noted very strong heart beat and active Foetus. I then went for my 12.3 wk scan ;ast week only to be told my baby had died literally a day before. I don't feel any different. I noticed he flicked the scan too see blood flow, and it didn't appear too go past the placenta. Im devastated. We tried so hard for this baby after 2 recurrent m/c b4 conceiving this one. This will be my 8th m/c. Ive read so many stories on here that have broke my heart for you all. Im probably grasping straws etc but I am hoping they've made a huge mistake and when I ask for another scan they find it beating like normal.
We talked through our options are doing this naturally. Ive had a D&C before and I felt empty afterwards n couldn't grieve properly. I've also done it naturally before n held the foetus (9wks). I found I healed so much faster. I'm going to do the same this time. I have too say goodbye face to face with my baby. Has anyone else done this ? I'm obviously scared of the whole thing but know its right for me.
I truely hope that you all have the babies you so desperately want and that those that can find the answers they need.
I am 36yrs old & this was the first baby myself & husband had conceived & we have no children as yet & we are now hoping that we haven't waited too long to start our family, was wanting to get a house, renovate, focus on our career's, holiday etc etc really the most important thing?

Just yesterday I went for a scan at 10wk 3dys & there was no heart beat & no longer viable, as I was told. We had a scan done at 6wks & 8wks & all was fine & healthy with a strong beat.

It is very heart breaking to have wanted something so bad & to have built up the excitement & joy of the arrival date, which would have been a due date of Valentine's Day 2011, what an omen we thought, the celebration of our 10th Valentine's Day together!!

I do agree with 'zazjr' on her post, she was positive in her thoughts & I have to be strong & agree that it wasn't meant to be & that our bodies are wise & full of abilities we don't even yet understand. I am trying to look at this with a strong heart & hope that it pulls me out of this state of emptiness & hurt. I just hope we all understand that our partners/husbands, although not going through the physical emptiness are also feeling all the emotional pain & loss, we need to be there for each other.

I had read so many sights about brown spotting that I had grown to believe this is a normal part of pregnancy & Dr's telling us not to worry unless it is red in colour but I would like to tell anyone who has spotting to insist on a scan. I at no point & still right up until today' have had no red blood or clotting, only ever very light brown visible on toileting. It has to be easier to find out earlier than later I suppose & I can't even imagine how hard & heart breaking it is for those I have read about in this post that lost there babies much further along than I..... just awful to have happen.

And more is still to come with the D&C which I will have later this week & still have to ring & cancel the NT scan & Obs/Hospital appointments & tell the people that we had told, just wish it was easier, as I break down every time I hear the words, "I'm so sorry for the lose".

We will be trying again when we heal from this & we wish all the 'future mummies & daddies' out there hope with future pregnancies & wish you all health, hope & happiness.

We are women & we are strong xo

We are women & we are strong xo
I too am now apart of this m/c club.  My husband works off shore, so I was alone at the dr. office when the doctor that did my ultrasound informed me there was no heartbeat.  I tried to keep it together, to hide my tears but I couldn't.  I was even ready to video the ultrasound with my phone so I could send it to my husband, and I just felt like such an idiot.  He said "sorry to be the bearer of bad news!" and skipped out of the room like he didn't just rip my heart out.  The scan took about 2 minutes.  My doctor told me to wait a week and come back but that there wasn't much hope.  I should be 9 weeks atleast, the foetus measures 6 weeks 5 days.. it died right after the last ultrasound.  I feel like a human coffin.. waiting a week to know for sure and then schedule a d/c is excutiating.  My mom guessed I was pregnant because of the morning sickness/etc.. she's told so many people.  I don't know how I'm going to go about telling all these people without falling apart.  I just want to hide in my house and never come out.

What was said before about our bodies having infinite wisdom about some things.. that is so true.  I take a lot of comfort in knowing that maybe this happened for some reason...

What I don't get is why hasn't science and medicine caught up to give us more answers?  We can send people to the moon but we cannot stop/get definite answers for/prevent miscarriage.  I feel there is no excuse for the lack of medical research in this regard - there should be more tests to identify problems early on.  I really, really don't like the "these things just happen" answer from doctors.  I mean seriously...  step up your game.

Anyway... I'm so happy to find this site.  It's such a blessing to know i'm not all alone and I wish I could give each and every one of you a hug.  Thank you for sharing your stories and reading mine...

I pray that you all have a healthy, beautiful baby in your future... the odds are, you will. :-*
I have not been able to stop crying yet, I was haveing cramping and went to the e.r. Had an u/s done and was told that there was not heart beat and the baby died at 6wks and I am 9wks. The doc. told us so rudely and it made things feel so much worse. I called my doc. and wanted them to do an u/s and they said I had to let nature take its course and they will see me next Tues. thats four days. Wow, how can people have no feelings for someone who is having a hard time. I even drove there and they still would not see me. Florida health system ***** and when people need help the most we are turned down. I feel like I am crushing inside.  I don't know how anyone can go threw this.
i had recenr miscarriage was worried but some good sites give us lot of info please refer this to find the actual issue before taking any decision

May God give you all strenth to cope with this!!!!

http://womenshealthapta.org/secure/ob101/My%20Documents4/Ultrasound/1st_trimester_ultrasound_scannin.htm--------------------(abnormal heartbeat)
http://www.brooksidepress.org/Products/Military_OBGYN/Ultrasound/1st_trimester_ultrasound_scannin.htm------------(who no  heartbeat)
This was my forth prenancies. Two life threatening ectopic's and I had to have both of my tubes removed that was in 2004 & 2006. My husband and I can't get pregnant nautrally since i have no tubes,so we waited a few years until we were finacially more secure and decided to go ahead and try Invitro Fertilization our first try was twins which ended in a misscarriage that was in june 2010. We decided to wait a couple of months to heal and try again, which we did in august 2010. We were so happy when we went for our first test and it was positive. I felt like i was living a dream. Our first U\S was amazing when I saw my little miracle and they showed me the heart beating it was love at first sight and I cried tears of joy. I remember the tech. saying that the heart beat was so strong. I felt like nothing could go wrong, i feel like such a fool. I thought that this was going to be my time. I wanted to be positive and not live in the past, but to embrace the furture with hope and faith.

Well i've been to the doctor every two weeks since then because I am 37 and the doctors wanted to keep a close eye on me. I did everything right i was even on progesterone. I was 14 weeks today and my hubby and I went in for another U\S today and there was no heart beat. SHOCK.  All day leading up to my appointment I said to my husband that I felt nervous about the U\S and he was being positive and supportive as usual and told me not to worry, I love him so much and I am blessed to have him. Well tomorrow is my D&C.

I don't know if I will try again it is to soon to really make that decision. We still have four frozen embryos at the fertility clinic, that's a blessing in itself. I am so confused i guess i need some time to heal and think, but deep down in my heart i want to try again but i am so scared. I never talk about this with anyone except my hubby because it is so hard to talk about and i don't want friends and family to feel sorry for us. Also i hate when people give you that look, i know they mean well, but i can't stand it. Wow i can't believe I've written so much i usually hold everything in. I'm glad i found this site......it's made me feel better.

Well thanks everyone for listening. I wish everyone all their dreams of having a healthy baby comes true. I will pray for all xoxoxo
Hi I'm 29 years old and just lost found out that my childs heart had stopped beating last week.  I had the DnC done the next day.  This was my first child and I had tried for a long time.  It was a miracle that I did get pregnant finally.  I was going in for my 16 week ultra sound. They told me everything look fine until they looked for the heart beat.  I haven't been able to sleep. I started drinking a lot and I don't eat.  I'm going through a reaaly hard time.  Reading everyone's situation on this forum has been very helpful to me.  I thought I had done something wrong now I know that's it is something that happens to many.  I never understood what some one goes through when they miscarry, now I know I wouldn't wish this upon anyone.
ive experienced the very same thing, the heartbeat just stopped when i had my regular checkup at 10 weeks last 2 days...the doc told me the baby's heartbeat cannot be heard, apparently it had stopped beating at its 9 weeks..

its very heart wrenching..im still in a state of denial bout it..

scheduled for D&C but...im not hoping for a miracle, everything happened for a reason..i just need time to recover and face this reality..

my best to all of you..
I am 22 years old! Its kindof hard writing this.... I was 17wks supposly! everything was PERFECTLY fine with me as well! HEARTBEAT strong 160 bmp! went in for my forth month chk up and boom bad news no heartbeat! was the worst day of my life first time ever geeting pregnant and very scared too try again.... Me and my fiance first baby and this happened too me for I don't know what reason! THE HARDEST PART OF THIS WAS CARRYING MY BABY FOR 5 DAYS KNOWING SHE WAS GONE! but now our lil baby girl is resting watching over us!
R.I.P Eylese Kennedy Felder
Question. I have had 3 miscarriages. The last one was the worst as they gave me the pills to abort my baby TWICE and only after all that and I was running a fever did they decide to give me a D&C. Is this normal? Also, I know and feel your losses. There is no pain like it.
First I would like to say sorry for all of your losses, I myself received bad news today at my doctors appt, I'm 15 weeks and my baby had no heartbeat ITs been the saddest day of our lives and I just hope I can get through this hurt! My mind is full of questions and concerns of why? I had no bleeding or cramping I just don't understand it I'm so sad! The last time I was prego was 5 years ago and I had a m/c  and it passed, now this time my babys dead in my tummy still! I'm worried about what I'm going to have to go threw next, I pray I get through this pain
I just lost my baby at 8weeks 1day & i found out on 1/13/2011 that the heart had stop beating at that time but i wouldve been 8weeks 6days as of the 13th!! i had just seen the heart beat like 2 weeks b4 that and they said everything was fine! i had went on that monday before this thursday so they could check my hcg levels n they had gone up to 17,000!! i had started to have brown discharge  so i didnt think nothing of it!! but then it kept happening so i went in to the e.r. thursday night!! & thats when i found everything out!! & my hcg levels had dropped to basically 9,000!! & they told me the baby had stopped growing!! i am still carry'n my dead baby inside of me & goin back n forth from red blood to brown ( sorry if this is too nasty ). I am scheduled for a d & c on this tuesday 1/18th! does anyone know if this is really healthy to b carry'n a dead baby inside of u for almost a week now?? & i haven slept in almost 2days cause im just so hurt & confused by everything & i dont want to be around no one!! & i cant stop crien!! Does anyone know a easy way to get through this?? or anyone that can relate to what im going through!! I just dont understand!!  Everyone including doctors kept saying eveyrthing was fine then boom!! i got my baby has passed away! O & if i do pass this baby before my d&c how can i handle it if i do see this baby come out at home!! thats my main concern & im scared of seeing that!! Ive also had no cramping or real bad bleeding so far!!! Plz respond someone -- i need the support!! Im bout to go insane!!!
I became pregnant for the first time at the end of this past year.  I am in nursing school so I know the risk of miscarriage is significantly increased in the first trimester.  Then became our battle with a tough few weeks of morning sickness and constant fatigue.  I took it easy.  Cut back at work, was in the bed by 9 at night.  I knew my body was working wonders, and the hormones were just taking a toll on me.  I knew it would be worth it in the end.  We contained our excitement (although it was hard) and began looking forward to week 12 when we would feel a little more sure about this pregnancy.  I was paranoid about miscarrying.  I'm a hypochondriac anyway.  Had some cramping around 5 weeks and went to the ER.  I only had a UTI, the baby was fine.  At week 7 I went to doctor, saw an ultrasound and got to see the heart beating.  It was so fast and lively, rate of 164 if I do recall.  Measurements were great.  I admit, I was getting excited and not playing it cautiously like I had been telling myself to.  Around week 8 I thought I had finally adjusted to the pregnancy.  I began feeling more energetic and wasn't throwing up all the time.  Everything was great.  Right at week 11, I came home from a short four hour shift.  I had not been to the bathroom while I was there (another improvement I had been seeing since week 8, I was not peeing all the time as I was in the beginning).  To my suprise, I had been spotting a little brown blood.  It was alarming, but I knew brown blood was old blood so I did not freak out, but calmly called the doctor just to ease my mind.  They told me not to worry.  Unless I was soaking through a pad in an hour or the blood became bright red or I had cramping (which I had not had ANY at all) then to call back.  The next morning I noticed a tad bright red blood.  They instructed me to come in, but assured me that it could be from alot of things.  I figured it was nothing.  I had not had any cramping or anything, not even a little bit.  We get the ultrasound and the tech tells us "well I cannot find a heartbeat today"... I wanted to say look harder!!  I just kept staring at the screen hoping it would start beating and she would look dumb.  The doctor talked to us shortly after.  The baby was measuring just over what it was measuring at my previous ultrasound.  Basically, the baby had been dead inside of me for three weeks!  The cessation of my symptoms matched that timeline.  I went in for a d&c the next day.  The doctor said eventually the baby would pass on its own but the thought of still having the dead baby inside of me was killing me emotionally and I could not bare to wait.  I am still devastated.  We thought we were almost out of the first trimester and we thought we were "safe."  As moms carry the baby we develop a strong connection with it from the start, whether we realize it or not.  It is essential we mourn this loss just as we would another loved one.  I am sorry to all you mom's who have never got to meet your baby.  These quotes helped me get through.

An angel from the book of life wrote down my baby's birth, and whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for this earth"

In the arms of an angel, may you find some comfort there.

No farewell words were spoken, no time to say goodbye. You were gone before we knew it and only God knows why.

It is a hard thing to deal with, and no doubt we will never forget these little ones, even if we go on to have multiple children in our future.  Just know that God has a bigger plan for each of us, and he sees the big picture that we cannot currently see.

I completely understand what you all are/have going/gone through.  I had my second miscarriage yesterday.  Went to the doctor and she was taking a pap of my cervix and it started to bleed.  So she scheduled me for an u/s the next day becuase I had a previous miscarriage in November at 12 weeks.  Went for the u/s yesterday and they said that they could not detect a heartbeat.  They said that the baby had stopped developing.  I am going for a d/c on Tuesday.  It's so heartbreaking.  I am nervous about the d/c...will it hurt my chances of getting pregnant again or miscarrying again?
December 15, 2010 I had a feeling I was pregnant, I have always had an irregular period but this time, it didn't just feel like an irregular period. My cousin had been late for her period too.. So we both took a pregnancy test. She took hers and hers was positive, I took mine and surely enough, it was positive as well. I was upset and excited at the same time.. I wasn't ready to be a mother, I was only a month from turning 19 with no job. The next day (December 16th) my cousin and I went to the dr to confirm our pregancy.. She found out by her lmp that she was 5 weeks along, and I was 6 weeks. 2 weeks later I went to the ob for my first check up, they said everything looked fine and to come back in two weeks for an ultrasound. I had finally winded down some and was thrilled that I was going to have a baby. On January 19th (I would have been 10 weeks and some days) I went in for my ultrasound and they said that there was no blood flow going through to the baby and that it had stopped growing. My heart dropped and I cried and cried. That was the most horrible feeling I have ever experienced in my entire life. My cousin on the other hand, 2 days before had went to the ob for her first ultrasound and she got to hear the baby's heart beat and it was fine. Now she is 19 weeks pregnant. It may seem selfish in a way but I am somewhat jealous of her because she still has her baby.. It bothers me at times.. But i don't like to say anything. I thought our children were going to grow up together.. It was sad. I am still not over it.. It gets easier as the days go by, but I just pray and ask God that if/when the next time that I get pregnant that I will not miscarry.. I don't know if I could go through the heart ache again. Reading your stories have helped me greatly and we are all strong women.. This is a hard thing to over come and if you have never experienced it, you have no idea what it is like. I thank you all for your time to post these comments and it has helped ease my mind.. I hope my story will help others as well.
on this 26 day om march 2011, my beloved daugther Loize Alliah Mari died inside the womd of my wife, my question is during the whole 8mos the babay is helthy together with the info of O.B> that tyhe heart beat is ok...but why before 2weeks of due date my wife felt too much headache, after a day he went to doctor for check up, they found out that the baby heartbeat is nothing,, it means no heartbeat no life...shorly it hurts both for me and mywife knowing that our little princess died inside the womb,, secondary why my baby,s skull was not completely whole, the top portion was not connected in a whole skull/... please let me know because its helps me too accept than to say ok.....iloveyou baby Loize  we know that you already joined to Our Creators Home.....- Your Loving  Parents Daddy & Mommy
hi..
i'm 9w1d pregnant but after u/s it was found tat baby was only 5w6d. there was no cardiac activity. i'm going for my d&C TOMORROW...
this is my first baby.. it hurts a lot... i'm done crying...

will d&c hurt??
can i concieve (conceive) with a healthy baby again??
okay, so im hoping someone can help me out with my questions.this is my first pregnancy & i found out today in my first ultra sound (which was supposed to be my 12 week mark ) that my baby stopped developing at 10 weeks and 4 days. This was my first ultra sound, so it was the first time i was going to hear the heartbeat ; but unfortunately it wasn't there. I've had my OB check me twice with the doppler to attempt to hear the heartbeat earlier in my pregnancy but neither was successful. My OB said that it might be genetic or that it might be chromosomes, but i've read on these forums that after 9 weeks all the vital organs were developed and the chance of miscarrage (miscarriage) was decreased. This was my first pregnancy and it hurts me very much to know that something was wrong with my baby. I got very attached and excited VERY early, which everyone told me i shouldn't of ... but i couldn't help myself. I knew the chances of losing it in the first 3 months but I thought everything was fine and I was so excited that today my worrying would decrease dramatically. I don't know how to react to this and I also have so many questions. Can someone PLEASE help me out? It would be more than very appreciated.
Thanks,
Jordan.
  Hi my story is this i have had 1 miscarriage the first miscarriage was a chemical preagnancy as i was told that it was, a preagnancy that didnt continue at all, so i was told i was going to miscarry i was going to have normal bleeding, once that one happend i didnt get the fallowing period i had realized i had gotten preagnant again right after the miscarriage, and i didnt even had a chance to see a normal menstual,. so they started checking out my blood levels and they had noticed that my hcg was high enough it was a good amount of hcg, they had set me up for an appoitment they confirmed i was, at the 1st ultra sound they did which was around 6 weeks they shown me the sac everything was great to them,. at 8 weeks we Found the heartbeat!! they congratulated me and sent me home with a big huge smile, telling me that the chances of miscarige is becomes low when they detect the heartbeat so i was exicted to see this preagnancy going as far as it was going, so on sept 20 2011 i had an ultra sound done i was in my 10- to 11 weeks by then but they when they seen the ultra sound they saw that their wasnt no heartbeat and  that the measurements wasnt 10 to 11 weeks it stayd as the embryo. my heart shatterd with that news, :( so i went for a D&C today sept 21 2011 they did the procedure and im home now recovering but at the same time sad because i keep asking why does this happend is it because me? have i done something wrong.? :( im trying to keep holding on to faith but i just cant seem to understand :(
i too found out last Friday my baby had no heartbeat during a routine check. Up to that point I'd been having scans every two weeks due to having 2 previous miscarriages. I was 15weeks and totally shocked. I'd spent the whole yr having a workup for re-current pregnancy loss with everything coming out fine. I just don't understand it. I've have healthy pregnancies before and beautiful children. Its not knowing why this is now happening everytime that hurts..know one has any answers. I can only think its something with the placenta. Chromasones on the previous miscarriages have all be normal so I'm expecting the same this time. I just want to hold a baby again. I hate the thought of having a D&C. They don't give you much choice.. and your husband cannot be part of this loss..he just gets to wait it out in some waiting room. Other thing is they do the D&C in the same place they do abortions. Just doesn't seem right to me. My little angel deserves the chance to even just be seen after woulds RIP my sweet baby and rest with your brother's. xx
I have the same situation as yours, had my d&c done 2 weeks ago. Doctor say I can start trying to conceive in Dec 2011, so I will not give up but trying. I am 33 now and have a beautiful son who 5 years old now, hoping to get a bro or sis for him.
i had a D&C july of the 26th. i was 9w2d i was the pose to be 10w4d its been about 2.5 almost and still have not got preggers. but my doctor said to wait one full cycle before trying again. that way it gives an estamitted duedate. but he also said that you should have an healthy pregnancy after a miscarrage (miscarriage). but if you dont wait that one month you could have a higher chance of loseing the baby again.
Hi..I am 42 and just had a complete miscarriage while on a holiday celebrating my 20 year anniversary. This was my second miscarriage .My first was 2 years ago at 7 weeks now it was 10 weeks. I saw the heartbeat a few weeks earlier at 140 beats a minute, had all of the pregnancy symptoms and was shattered that this happened again. After severe cramping the actual sac came out with the fetus inside fully intact with the umbilical cord.I cant understand why this has happened again to me. As I am an older mother Im scared if I really want to go through with this again.
Well, I'm 23 years old and had a d/c today. At alomost eight weeks the baby was grown to the right size, but the heart beat literally disappreared oveernight. I'm sad and feeling very alone, but the thought that this child could have been born very sick and God just chose to keep it from suffering has really comforted me. The sonogram tech. Gave me this piece of advice today and I wanted to share.
I am 29 yrs old and I am married to an amazing man.  My husband and I have lost four babies.  Our first we lost early around 6 weeks, but I was told that getting pregnant might not be possible.  This was a bitter sweet moment we had conceived, but we had also lost.  We then found a specialist and starting down the road of try for a family.  
We got pregnant again and this time we made it past the first trimester, but had a lot of problems along the way.  At 17 weeks and 5 days on November 15th 2010 I gave birth to our little boy.  Instead of picking out baby sheets and clothes I was choosing whether I wanted him cremated or buried.  I was to say the least, devastated!
In July of this year (2011) I got pregnant again for the 3rd time.  This pregnancy again didn't go past 6 weeks...another set back!  My husband and I talked to our doctor and decided that using fertility might be the way to go.  It might just give my body the boost it needs for progesterone.  So, we started and it took two cycles for it to work.  September 29 we found out that we were pregnant again!  We had an ultrasound at 5 weeks, 6 weeks, twice the 7th week, and the 8th week!  I saw the heartbeat 4 times and it was strong and healthy every time.  We went in for another ultrasound at 10 weeks.  I have had enough ultrasounds to know what to look for every time I can see the baby and that's the little flicker!  I didn't see it this time...my heart started racing and I could tell that the lady that was doing the ultrasound was frantically looking for something!  I finally said, "There's no heartbeat is there?"  The lady knows us because she was always the one who did our ultrasounds she replied, "I am so sorry, but I can't I have looked every way possible and Wendy, I am so sorry!"  I lost it, I thought that this one was going so well.  No bleeding no, cramping,  I felt amazing!  Come to find out I had only lost the little guy a day or two before the appointment.  I go in for a D&C tom...the same day I gave birth to my little boy a year ago!  My heart aches and at this point my husband are taking a break.  Four is too many for my little heart to bare!  We will try again, but it maybe awhile!  This one was due on my 30th birthday...this time it's all just been to much!

I wish you all the best of luck and pray that you all have healthy babies!

Applegate0
My daughter is in the hospital right now. she is in her 7 month and there has been no movement for 5 days. the hospital in Texas, could not find a heart beat. so they ordered a sonogram. as of right this minute we still don't know, i am in California crying my eyes out and she is calm and seems to be handling it well. i have never heard of a baby dieing in the 3rd trimester. please i can not understand. all the women above seem to be early in the pregnancy. how can this be happening so far along?    
Well i had a d-c in february because the fetus heart beat had stopped i was 10 wks pregnant...and i found out i was pregnant again on sept...and i went to the dr. Last week and she said the fetus heart beat stopped again...i am devastated...i was in my second trimester..so now im just waiting for my body to rejct the fetus....now im soooo scare to try to get pregnant again..
I am in the same boat rightnow has you did. 15wks and 6days pregnant and having my second m/c. i cannot explain in words how I feel rightnow. but reading all these comments online about m/c stories really helped reliaze that I am not alone during these sad and difficult situations.
i am really upset because i just found out that my baby heart beat stop i was only two months and i was so excited of having a baby i dont know what  to do i really dont understand why this happen?
i jus found out on new years that my babys h/b they couldnt hear i went to two hospitals and heared the same thing i was 8 weeks i still have the baby inside mee but i feel so hopeless i have a daughter who a year i had her early i was 7 months she was in the hospital a long time and came out with a breathing monitor thank god shes healthy now but i cant stop crying this is my first miscarage i ask god why this pain hurts to much i had seen the baby when they did an utrasound and now all i see is my lil baby i try to think about other things to keep my mind off but its hurt this got to be the most worstest thing to happen to someone i started to fall in love with my baby i know he or she is with god but i was it was still with mee :(how can i get over this a little cause i kno u can never get over it i dont kno how some people can get over it i wish i could but i kno i wont thank for listening n god bless
Your posts have been very supportive today

I went in for my first ultrasound today for my first baby.  In the UK they only scan at 12 weeks no earlier.  I discovered that my baby was 12 weeks 6 days but no heartbeat.  I must admit i accept this is a natural thing and that it is a very complex process to get all the genetics in the right order but I can't help but feel gutted today.  Mostly because the dates I had meant that my baby would only be 12 weeks 4 days today.  So I must have either been pregnant much longer than I thought and it's heart stopped, or it basically stopped today!  I know its not easy either way but kinda thinking it stopped today of all days makes me feel worse.  Due to NHS in Uk I now have to go on an emergency list for a D&C which means sitting in hospital from 7am to try and fit me in which could mean waiting 2 days on a ward.  Or wait over 10 days for an actual appointment.  I just want to get on with things really.  :(
I found out last night that the twins i was carrying had died at 6 weeks. I should of been 10 weeks. This is the second time this has happened. Last November i started bleeding at 11 weeks and a scan showed a empty 6 week sac. I have found it so much harder this time as i had a scan at 6 weeks and saw two healthy heartbeats. I feel like there is something wrong with me as both times it has happened at 6 weeks. I'm not even bleeding at the moment and have been told that i have to go through this all over again before they will investigate. I just feel so useless
hi you know what, the same thing has happend to me.. last year october 2011 i found out i was pregnant then the 7th of the dec i had some bleeding and then gyny tod me that it was just an emty sack at 9 weeks. they explained to me that it was becuase a unfertelised egg was fertelised so my body akted like it was pregnant so the did a scrape. march 2012 i found out i was pregnant again and this time the doc said that everything would be fine.. al my blood test was correct and even my hormones. so they set an a apointment with the gyny for the 18 of april(yesterdy). i was so happy this time, when i laid o that table waiting for her to show me..  but gain.. dissapointment. just like you this time there was a baby.. and not just an empty sack but the babys heart beat had stoped about last week. i did not even know or feel anything.. i have just been having a little bit of light bleeding for the last three days and they told me its not harmful.  so today at 2 o clock i have to be at the hospital for a second time.. its just must worse this time for as i know that the baby i want so badly is still inside me.. but its not alive and that is killing me.. so i know how you feel and im sorry that you have lost your twins.. the dockter said that i had a missed missgariage thats why i did not feel any pain in my abdomen and alsoshe does ot kow why this has happend but she will try her best to help me found out.. as i im typing this to you i have  been cryng my eyes out. im soooo sad and angry i dont know what to feel anymore, but i have to go now. i have to ge finished to go to hosptal   in 1 hour, strongs for you.  
Thank you so much for your reply. I hope things are not too bad for you. It has helped me to speak to couple of groups where ladies like us have also lost(some as many as 14 babies!) but they have gone on to have children. It helps to know that you are not on your own. After having my op on Friday i had to go back to A&E Sunday evening cause i was in alot of pain. I'm now on aload of pain killers and anti-biotics due to a bad water infection. I know how you feel. Some days i feel quite positive,others i feel so angry and upset and just don't understand why. All the best for you xx
I feel strong after reading all those posts above, for me i was supposed to do for a scan at the 12, on Friday i noticed a dark brown discharge, i ignored i thought it was normal, since it was my first child, when it intensified i went for a scan on Sunday and i was told there was no heart beat. I was 10 weeks and my baby stopped growing at the 6th week am soo devastated going for a D&C on Wednesday, am scared i have not had one there before, please educate me how it is done.
But in alll we give God all the Glory and His timing is the best
Irene
AnnieBrooke, Thank you that was very helpful.
yes, i felt this ball of energy too!  i was in my 4th week, took a blood test, confirmed the pregnancy, and then 3 days later was flopped on our bed, and felt a spirit (like a ball of energy), burst out of my abdomen, below my belly button and to the right.  i couldn't see the energy but without a doubt i felt it.  i said to my husband, our baby just left, our baby just flew out of me.  he said, no, that i didn't know that, that only a blood test could tell me that.  the next day i got a blood test and my hcg had plummeted and i was told to prepare for a miscarriage.  amazing the spirit was already inside of me at 4 weeks, and could fly out like that.  the ball of spirit energy was quite big (maybe half the size of a lemon), and clearly bigger than the physical baby which was just some cells at 4 weeks.

now 6 months later my husband and i are pregnant again.  today is 7 weeks 2 days, and we got to see a strong heartbeat at 6 weeks 1 day.  hoping for the best.
Hi Annie,
Thank you for your nice artical , I was 8 weeks 3 days when my doctor said baby's heart beat is stopped , I did not do D&C yet it's 3rd day after the bad news I am waiting either to have periods or to get the hear beat back by mirical .
What is your thought on that ?
Syd
Hi Brokenheart20,
ive been searching for someone whose pregnancy had crossed the 12 weeks mark ( which is supposed to be the safe mark),,i read after that period your pregnancy is 98% viable. I cant believe, like u, i fell in the 2% category. I was 12 wks+6 days ,,,my baby's heart beat had stopped about two days before his second check up. My dr couldnt hear a heart beat with the doppler on 17.08.12 and sent me for an u/s,,,,the tech there ( so i thought at the time) was rude, she didnt want me to see the screen , answer any questions, or let me have a pic, so unlike my 8wk u/s where i saw my precious lil ones heart beat.
I didnt get any word on the u/s until after the weekend. One the Monday my DR called,and he told me the bad news, my baby's heart beat was no longer visible,,, i cried and cried and bawled. I had no signs still that my baby had died. I was in disbelief, and carried my sleeping baby for two weeks after his death, until i got another u/s,,i saw his spine,,his closed eyes, his hands,,,but i didnt see his heart beating,,,he looked like he was just sleeping. i blamed myself,,,my bf didnt want the baby and had distanced himseld during the three months, so i was under alot of stress during my three months,,,,,,i anaylsed what i ate,,,when i cried,,,,i still look on the internet for answers,,,,i cant accept it was simply "God's work" or " genetics",,,i just pray for my lil ones soul to find peace,,,and to guide me during this time. I had my DnC two days ago,,,it went smoothly,,i feel so empty now,,,my appitite is gone,,,and i just feel so alone. I know what every one of you are feeling,,,my baby was my hope, my future,,,,my reason for carrying on,,,,now he is gone,,,and i pray just to survive each day. My heart and prayers go out to all of you mommies,,even though we never had the chance to hold our little one,,,we are mommies,,,,A grieveing mommy....Alicia.
I got pregnant in Feb after doing IUI and at 5 weeks discovered I had an ectopic pregnancy.  I got pregnant again June by IUI with twins and was told that both babies hearts stopped beating last week.  I had a D & C on Friday, but I am completely devistated and besides myself.  I have no idea what happened or why this happened.  I am so scared to go though this again, but everyone tells me not to give up.  
I am sorry everybody's loss. I went to er on the 29 and was told the baby had no heart beat I was almost 8 weeks I went home on bed rest till Monday went to Dr and they did a u/ s and still mo heart beat it had stopped at 5 weeks... My hcg levels dropped and we were told that I was miscarry my heart is sad we chose to have a d& e done. This would have been my first baby and I'm 37.. just wondering what could've happen...
Hi..... Today I came to know my baby'heartbeat not there...I was devastated and this is my second miscarriage, first one was due to genetic disorder .....  I have no clue what will happen in future....would I be able to have healthy child
hi... the same thing just happened to me my baby's heart stopped 7 weeks after I found out I was pregnant and my procedure will be made next friday... It was the most traumating experience... It was my first pregnancy and my husband and I were so happy to have a baby... I am just trying to get some peace because I can't believe we are living this nightmare... I will keep trying to get pregnant again but I am just so scared after this first experience...  we just want to be parents...
I found out i was pregnant with twins on 27 september 2012. When i went to scan they only saw one baby i was sad for the other baby but still ok. I heard fior the first time my baby s heart beat. And then i went for second appointment yesterday.Doctor said no heartbeat. My world, my dream everything is gone with my baby. Today i am gonna have an abortion. Still cant stop crying. I am 36 and this was my last chance. Is life be normal again ? I dont know...
Thank you. Who is your doctor and where is he/she located?
Thank you!! This has helped the way that I have been looking at things because I had a lost in June of this year and I am now pregnant again. I  have been walking on egg shells  but you have giving me hope, I go to the dr this week to hear the heartbeat for the first time and I have been talking to my baby and trying to take it easy.
I'm 39 years old and me and my husband have been together for about 22 years and married 19 years. I do have one child that is 24 years old, but my husband doesn't have children of his own, but he raised my daugther since she was 2 years old. We went through trying to get pregnant at one time but that didnt work out and it got very expensive. So after all these years of trying I finally got pregnant some where around Oct 2012. I found out cause i missed my period in Nov. Took a pregnancy test and bam i saw two lines, didnt believe that test so took another ditgtal one and that also said pregnant. So finally went to the doctor and they confirmed I was pregnant. My husband and I was so shocked and happy at the same time. I was like wow so I can get pregnant. So on Dec 17th went in for my normal check up and the doctor said he can't find a heart beat. I was like what do mean you cant find a heart beat. We just were in here on Dec 10 and seen the heart beat. My heart drop in my stomach so fast. So he had me go down do do another around 2pm that day and came back still no heart beat. I was so sad and hurt, I just had my dc on Thursday Dec 20 2012..it was the most emotional thing for me. After all these years being with my husband we had finally gotten pregnant and bam it was gone just like that. I have never had a mc before. so what i did to ease my mind before i had the d/c i had my doctor take another u/s and it was still the same. So i totally know what everyone is going through. I do find myself tearing up and sad, but I guess things happens, but its still sad. If its in god will my husband and I will have another one day. Good luck to all of you.
Thank you for posting these statistics....I am currently 14 weeks, and have not experienced most of the "normal" pregnancy symptoms, so I've been worried about my little one.  I go in to hear the heart beat in about 2weeks, and saw it at my 10 week appointment.  These numbers make me feel better about things.  
still struggling to get over my miscarriage.was 13 weeks pregnant but my baby stopped.......cn't even write
hello nav79

i hope you don't mind me writing to you, i know you loss was a little while ago, but i have just gone through the same thing as you this weekend. on the 17th march 2013 i gave birth to lovely baby boy but lost his life at 15 weeks and i should have been 18+4 days today.

i have already have 2 lovely girls which i love so much.

i did you deal with this i can't stop crying. x
I found out i was pregnant with on valentines day. I went to see the doctor on March 15,2013 and found out i was pregnant with twins, i was so excited. Back in 2008 i had a little girl who died when she was 3 months old, i thought this was God's way of blessing me for my little girl who passed. I went back to the doctor on March 20,2013 only to find out that both of the babies heartbeat stop beating and there was no blood flow around them. I was devastated, i made them check again cause i just couldn't believe it. Needless to say i had two dead babies inside of me which stop growing at 7 weeks and 5 days. I had to have a D@C done that day. I go back for my follow up on April 9, 2013 to hopefully get some answers. It's so horrible for this to have happen to not only me but to all of you. I am trying to stay hopefully but it is hard. I hope to ttc after my first period, i hope it happens they way i want it to cause i just want that feeling back. I will be praying for all you ladies and hope that we all get our little blessings!!!
My story is no different than you all. I recently had a dr appoint to find out that their is no heartbeat. I was 17 weeks and 2 days and my baby was healthy. I couldn't believe it and then went to a gyn which was a best friend of mine. He sadly told me that the news was true, he sat their looking and trying to tell me what is wrong, but at the end he told me that the baby had no problems his growth his body everything was excellent. Unexplained death, that's hard to hear. We need to know why so maybe it would be easier. I don't know. I am just physically stressed out. I felt his kicks I heard his heartbeat, I saw his body. This is my second miscarriage my first was at 7 weeks so I was sure this one was gonna be o.k. I am going to start again once my period comes I really need to be pregnant again with the first I waited for a couple if years but this time I want to do it faster. I wanted to know if anyone news of anything I can take or eat that can help my pregnancy stick. I only took iron and prenatal  vitamin before. Thanks and I wish us all a healthy pregnancy. Baby dust to all.
I am so sad for every ones loss. I found out today 07/09/2013 during my 9th week u/s that the baby stopped growing ( heart beat stopped). This was my first pregnancy. I thought every thing is going fine. All was well at 7th week but for some reason couldn't see the heart beat today at 9th week. I am completely devastated. I told my doctor that I want to wait on this one more week and then do the u/s again. My heart did not agree to do the D&C right away. I have scheduled for an u/s next week 07/16/2013. If I miscarry before 16th then I won't go for u/s. I hope for some miracle to happen and see the heart beat again. Please comment what i did was right or wrong. I am not sure when the heart beat stopped. The last time I saw heart beat was two weeks back. I hope I do not get infaction or any thing by waiting on this one more week. Please post your comments.
Oh, I'm so very sorry to hear this sweetie.  Big hugs as I'm sure this is hard.  peace
My 25 year old Daughter is 4 months and 2 weeks pregnant, last night she started to spot a light pink blood, we went to the emergency room and they did two U/S and even though the baby is fully formed, there was no heartbeat. It was curled up as if sleeping, they don't know what happened, and of course-she, her partner, and we her family are truly saddened by this, it was her first pregnancy.

She was classed as a High Risk pregnancy from the very beginning, because she's 50lbs overweight, and has a Thyroid condition called Hashimoto (I have same Thyroid condition) and she was once type 2 diabetic but had lost the weight to eliminate that, but would of been doing the Glucose testing in another 3 weeks.

She will go to her Doctor today, and surgery will be scheduled, that part is just as sad, they'll run tests to see what could of possibly caused this, she had just been to the Doctor 2 weeks ago and the baby's heartbeat was nice and strong, and was moving around in there.

It's hard as a Mom to see her Daughter have to go through this, and I can only imagine what she is feeling right now. I myself have Endometriosis and have had 3 live births, and 8 Miscarriages, so to be into the 2nd trimester and thinking about what color to paint the baby's room, and picking out baby names, as she and her life partner were doing, this is So very sad to witness, and for the first time in all these years of being a Mom (I have a 33 year Daughter, 31 year old son, and this would of been my 2nd grand child) I feel helpless as a Mom because she is so sad.

I say this to all the Women who are going through this, and who have gone through this, No words any of us can say will take away the pain you have felt, or are feeling right now, all I know is-some how, some way..one day, you'll make it through. One Day At A Time. I wish Peace, Love and Light to all of you special women out there, and that you join your local hospitals Grief group to help you through this.

I'm truly sorry for all of your losses.  Ms. M Dietrich Chicago, IL
I am new to this site and new to being pregnant.. I was 11 weeks yesterday. My husband has a Robertsonian translocation that can cause me to have several miscarriages. My brother in law has the same defect and my sister in law suffered two pregnancy losses where the hearts just stopped. If you have a chance to test the baby I would most def do so.. And if they are found to have trisomy or monosomy 13,14,15,21 or 22.. I would undoubtedly do some DNA testing on yourself and your husband. It would answer many questions.
I went in for a normal visit w my OB at 10 weeks and no heartbeat. We just heard it the week before nice and strong. To say we are devastated would be an understatement. It's my 2nd pregnancy. The baby is still inside me. Every second of everyday I look at the bump rub it and cry. I look pregnant. I feel pregnant. We want to try again but I don't want to " replace" this baby. I've never experienced such an incredible emotional pain. Why does the heartbeat stop???    
a m/c is never easy. I think that technology is a blessing and a curse. We know so much sooner now about when we get pregnant. But it also means we are more often aware of when we lose the baby. I went through two m/c. I don't really share about the first one, because I feel responsible. That being said, it is a sad thing to go through the loss of a child. We will never replace those babies in our hearts. They will always be there with us. For some reason, they wouldn't have made it in our world, and our bodies knew that. Our bodies are looking out for our babies from the time of conception. I don't want to use the clinical term viable. It's so cold. Our babies wouldn't have made it, and to protect them, our bodies did what it could and when it couldn't anymore let the process happen. The blessing in all of this is that we are more fertile in the 6 months after a m/c. That's the reason my daughter is here today.
last thursday i got the devastating news that my babies heart had stopped beating. I should have been 9 weeks and had an u/s  2 weeks earlier and saw that amazing heart beating. I just can't understand how it just suddenly stopped. When i looked at the screen of u/s i knew what i could not see. I am waiting a week and go back in this Thursday for another scan. I am so upset!!!! I am praying to God for a miracle. I am dreading thursday
I am very sorry. I experienced the same thing. I went to dr. yesterday and found out my twin babies had no heartbeat. I was almost 15 weeks. I don't understand what happened as a few weeks ago the heartbeats were strong and they were moving around so much. I am absolutely devastated, angry, and hurt. I have a 6 and 7 yr old daughters and they just cry about the babies and ask for more babies in my tummy. My family does not know what to say to me. My boyfriend just thinks I should stop "moping" around and  get up and do something. Sometimes he acts like/says things like there was something wrong with me that caused it to happen. I see the dr. Monday. I hope for a mistake and that my babies are alive but I am not getting my hopes up. Sometimes I think I feel my babies moving after my dr. appt. yesterday and even today. Perhaps I am going crazy. But I wish the best for you. HUGS
Hi Annie,

This article is very helpful for me as I'm currently experiencing this right now. My Fetal stops showing heart beats at 8 weeks and 3 days. Doctor told us to abort the pregnancy as it's going to result in miscarriage anyway. But I'm still hoping for a miracle...

Thanks again,
Lucy
Hey! Thx for a good site....... I just lost my second child, we went for a scan saturday and everything look find they baby way so cute and thusday we wnt for another scan and then heartbeet stop..... I was in 13 Weeks. My first time my sons heartbeet stop in week 20, he was so fine everything was good and they dont know why it stop...... I really want to have a child, but I am started to be affraid that it will not happend.... Nobody can say why it happens, so in my head it can only the me who does something wrong to my my babies heartbeet stop. ( It is with 2 diffent men, my firt husbend left me after I lost ouer son ) I really feel sad and dont know what to do anymore, I can try again but what if I kill one more child, it is hard enof to live with that I lost two. The doctores can not say anything, so it can only be my...... Thank for Reading and Sorry for my bad english, I am Danish Girl ( women )
I'm in the same boat, i miscarried on
I had a miscarriage in early September 2011, my baby Samuel went, to heaven at 8 weeks.  When my doctor told me that my baby had no heartbeat, I asked her is that mean my baby died.  She said yes and tried to comfort me.  I told her it's fine because the Lord gave and the Lord had taken away.  May the name of our Lord be praised.  I'm going to be 40 years old this year.  Samuel is my first baby, and may be the last too.  I know I will see him again in heaven because God confirmed it.  God comforted my heart.  Someone asked me whether I got mad at God.  I answered "no, where can I find a better nanny than God?"  I know my Heavenly Father will take good care of my baby in heaven and I will see him when I get to heaven.  My husband and I are trying to get pregnant again.  My obgyn told me last month that my ovarian reserve is going down and suggested me to try IVF.  However, we just want natural pregnancy.  We trust in God.  If He wants to give us a baby, He will.  If not, may His will be done.  May God get all the glory and praise!  May God bless you all!  Jesus loves you!  
Us too...at 7 weeks, saw two heartbeats and everything was fine...at 8 weeks, one of the heartbeats had stopped and the 2nd embryo was already fading.  We are in our 40's and are praying the 2nd baby remains strong.