Miscarriages Community
Yeast Infection & Misscarriage

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Yeast Infection & Misscarriage

I recently had a misscarriage at 6 weeks (1/25/09). A couple weeks prior to this, I noticed the begining symptoms of a yeast infection that I thought was just vaginal dryness. I treated it with Vagisil and the symptoms went away. Did I possibly miss the symptoms of a yeast infection that could have caused my misscarriage? After the miscarriage happened, my husband and I did not wait for my first cycle and had intercourse. I went to the Dr. this past Friday and I had another yeast infection. I am treating it now with Monistat 7. Could I be in the early stages of pregnancy again?

Thanks so much?
I am sorry for your loss.  I don't think that a yeast infection would be the cause of a m/c.  I was also just treated for one, and whatever the Dr. gave me didn't work (this is the first time I've ever had one) and when I called the office back they were going to give me an oral treatment, but when I told them we were ttc to conceive again she told me to use the OTC monistat, and that would be safe with pregnancy.  I think the out of whack hormones from the m/c contributed to mine, b/c like I said, that was the first time ever.  I know it's common to get them during pregnancy, and it causes no danger.  Some women get them during their cycle from hormone fluctuations.  If you had unprotected intercourse you could absolutely be pregnant again, but according to my Dr.  the monistat should be perfectly safe. Good luck!  
Thanks so much for your advice. I was sitting here beginning to blame myself for not catching it sooner. While I was at the Dr.'s office she did do some blood work to check my hormone levels for any significant changes, so we will see!!
I'm so sorry for your loss. I had a m/c a few weeks ago so I have been searching for possible causes all over the net. The only type of infection that I have found that could lead to a possible m/c is called bacterial vaginosis, many women don't have any symptom,s at all. I had yeast infection with my 2nd pg and everything was fine, I was treated and had a healthy baby. You could ask your dr about bv but it usually caused 2nd trimester m/c.
Hope you're feeling better soon :)
I'm sorry for your loss. I have had m/cs with my 1st son and now this baby. It is a very common side affect of pg. I have never heard of a undiagnosed yeast infection causing a m/c but that doesn't mean it can't happen. I would ask your dr you can't always believe everything on the internet. Did you by chance have a urinary tract infection? I did with 4 of my m/'cs and this pg luckily I caught my uti at the beginning. Studies have proven a severe urinary tract infection can cause a miscarriage! Best wishes to you. I hope your recovery is a smooth one. If you need to talk I'm here.
Hugs,
AP
Thanks for the advice! I do not think that I had a UTI (had one before and none of the symptoms were there) When I told my Dr. about the symptoms that I had before my first pregnancy she just said that it was normal. But you know us women, we can't leave well enough alone. I have just been racking my brain trying to understand it, but I am seeing that it  just was not in Gods will for me to be pregnant just yet. Monistat 7 is taking care of my YI now and my blood work will be back in the next couple of days.....so its on with playing the waiting game!
I'm not one for the waiting game. Just know that it was not your fault. Most likely the baby was sick and your body just rejected the pg. It is the most painful and confusing thing a woman can go through. I'm here for you. Best wishes to you and now just try to relax.