Miscarriages Community
after a d&c

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

after a d&c

I had a d&c Monday and was told i was going to be sore and have heavy bleeding for about a week or two. I had some bleeding that night after, but the next day it was practically completely gone, is that normal? I mean i am greatful it went so well and i feel as good as could be expected but i just wasn't sure. The doc says we can try again in about two months so i can get a normal cycle and my body will have time to heal but i heard some people say they were told they could try sooner. Any info would be great.
I had a D&C 16 days ago and my bleeding stopped as well after a day for 3 days, I felt pretty good physically and then it returned along with CRAZY cramps I needed to be prescribed painkillers for. That pain and bleeding got better about a week after the D&C but I still have some spotting especially after a workout. I was told this might be because I have (like 40% other women) a tilted uterus and blood takes longer to flow out.

We were told we could try again whenever we wanted as our doctor thinks the body won't get pregnant unless it is ready to. As of yesterday I was still testing faintly positive on an HPT and he said it might be up to a month post d&c before I ovulate again. We plan to wait a full cycle though, just to give me a break.

Hope you're doing okay otherwise and best of luck TTC.
Yes that is perfectly normal and be thankful I had a D&C Wednesday May 12 I bled a little that day and the next day it was gone but I did have spotting on Sunday and Monday Then the bleeding stopped completely and I am STILL waiting on AF to show up last week I started feeling like I was gonna start but everytime I went to the restroom NOTHING so i guess I'll just wait was this your first pregnancy?
After my D&C I had 2 days of bleeding but then it stopped, at about 5 days it started again. We were told to wait 2 periods to start, we only waited one and got preg again but then lost it almost right away. Please listen to your Dr's advice about waiting a couple of months. I regret not listening to mine and going through the heartache again. I wish you tons of luck and baby dust =)
I am sorry for your loss. I had my D&C on March 24th and there was little bleeding afterwards. Everything has returned to normal and I am now waiting for body to decide when it will get pregnant. I too would advice you to listen to the doctor and take your time. Good Luck:)
Thanks for the help,  it was my second pregnancy i have a 6 year old boy. I am so glad the bleeding stopped so soon, hope it doesnt start again. I'm going to make my dr's appointment to see how much time off from work i can take. I dont really want to answer tons of questions. Do you work, if so how much time off did you take? Thanks
No at time I had just had a job it was the worse day of my life I couldn't go to work on the first day because I was at the doctor seeing what was wrong well that day I lost my job and found out I had lost my baby too but with time it will get better trust me and I understand about not wanting to answer questions it's been a month I still cry but I am able to talk about it more openly now I hope you feel better and if there is anything you need my story, encouraging words or just someone to talk to I'm here just remember it's alright to cry get it all out and stay encouraged because although we don't know why it happen God doesn't make any mistakes
I took off only a week, but my co worker were great and they told everyone and I did not have a to answer any questions. If someone did not know someone pulled them to the side and told them. As for everyone else I told them on facebook. My friend took two weeks, but she came to work and it was hard for her. She was sad and very discouraged. I stayed positive for her and gave birth to beautiful baby boy in April. I will say to the samething. You will have another chance and it will be fine. Do not worry and take your time. I am positive that everthing will turn out right for you. God knows how to heal us all. Just remember your feelings are real and you deserve to have them. What has happened is not easy, but it will heal in time. I still get alittle sad, but I know God will do what is best for me. Good Luck:)