Miscarriages Community
am i still pregnant?

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

am i still pregnant?

last week i went to the dr. because i took a hpt and wanted to confirm that i was actually pregnant. well the blood test came back positive (dont know what my hcg levels were) but a few days later i started to get lower back pain, and started to spot. when i went to the er they told me that i may be miscarrying, so they did an ultrasound and in that ultrsound i saw nothing! i mean absolutely nothing! the dr. told me that my hcg levels had doubled from monday to wednesday but that i may still be having a miscarriage. i have been bleeding (more like a light period0 for about 5 days now. i took another blood test but wont know the results until tomorrow. do you guys think i could still be pregnant or that i already lost the baby? i dont know how far along i am because my period is irregular but from my last period i should be around 7 weeks
I don't think you can say you have miscarried until the test comes back.  You may have to do those blood test a few days to see if they are rising or falling.  Some people bleed in the beginning.  It could mean miscarriage but it may not also.  i wish you the best with the results!  Let us know.
Well i finally talked back to my dr. And they want me to do yet another blood test because my levels didnt change!!!