Miscarriages Community
anyone get pregnant while using regular lubricant

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

I read that lubricant - KY  and other regular lubricants can hinder chances of pregnancy. But, I got pregnant using KY. Sadly I miscarried earlier on.  Just wanted to know how many of you used regular lubricant vs "Preseed" which costs more and claims to be sperm friendly ?  Thanks !
I am sure there are plenty of woman out there that got pregnant with normal lube, but it is a fact that normal lubes are not sperm friendly and kill or mutate some even before they enter the cervix.
cost wise, KY is going to be cheaper because they last longer, but pre-seed is sperm friendly and KY is not! if you are worried about the cost you might think about getting pre-seed and use it only around "O" time and then your other lube when your not needing as many alive little swimmers you can get!... lol. the other thing is that if you get the pre-seed that has reusable applicators you can use as much or as little as you want compared to the one that has the pre-filled applicators.
just think of KY like this.... it would be like you swimming in a pool with oil and chemicals and no mask or anything to protect you. I guess that's what its like for sperm trying to get though KY.
I am waiting for my first tube to arrive. I never used any lube around "O" because of the fact that it is not sperm friendly. Ill be honest, other lubes even water base often irritate me and form what i read about pre-seed i wont have a problem.
Good luck and lots of baby dust to you!

thanks nunu ,

I really appreciate your comment. I've always worried that I'm decreasing my chances of pregnancy and here we did get pregnant - with Durex - which my husband says he uses "only a little". But, I'd like peace of mind that I'm increasing my chances not hindering them.  Where did you find Pre Seed ? I'm in Montreal, Canada and don't think I can get it here. I'll have to do a search on it and order it online. THanks !

Sue