Miscarriages Community
baby aspirin in early pregnancy

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

baby aspirin in early pregnancy

i have had 4 unexplained miscarriages over the years.all had stopped growing and heartbeat had stopped around 8 weeks.had tests done but couldn't find anything wrong with me. i am now 4 weeks pregnant again and the specialist at the hospital has this time told me to take a baby aspirin daily. i am trying this now and i really hope it works. has anyone got any success story's from taking baby aspirin?
K I don't know for sure if its related but, I've had 4 m/c's. After running tests my Dr put it off as bad luck. So after doing some research, I decided (not Dr advice) to take baby aspirin my next pregnancy. Well, here I am almost 10 weeks. I did run into a little bit of a complication with a subchronic hemorrhage so I stopped taking it but, took it every day for the first 8 weeks. Saw my lil bean last Thurs with a HB of 166bpm!
Hey.  I don't have a success story (yet) but my OB has me taking a baby asprin daily as well.  I've had 3 m/c's.  congratulations on this pregnancy and sending you tons of super sticky baby dust!!
I also cannot speak on the success, as I'm current on baby aspirin.  I will say this much, in my previous three pregnancies I never saw anything more than an empty sac.  However, today at 7 wks, I saw my baby and the flickers of his/her heartbeat.  Sending you lots of luck your way!
thank you very much for the comments. i am really nervous about waiting another 3 and a half weeks to have my next scan and see if its working. good luck to you both!
that's brilliant news Amy! congratulations and good luck for the rest of your pregnancy! i am feeling a lot more positive now about it all!
i had a scan on Tuesday because i had a little bit of bleeding on the weekend. i found out i am 8 weeks pregnant and i saw my little jellybeans heartbeat and it was really strong!! i am feeling so positive this time as i never saw the heartbeat in any of my other pregnancy's!
My friend had this happen and she tested + for anti cardiolpins and with the baby aspirin went on to a successful pregnancy and then took it for future pregnancies, too, with success

Please keep us posted on your jellybean!!!!

C~
i had a 3d scan yesterday and found out i have a bicornuate uterus and my baby is growing in the left horn. my midwife has told me it shouldn't affect my pregnancy but i may have to have a Cesarian as the baby usually finds it hard to turn in the uterus as not much room in there. i may also have the baby prematurely because of the lack of room but she told me this doesn't happen often and not to believe everything you read on the internet and that i will b closely monitored all the way through my pregnancy anyway. i am 9 weeks now which is further than i have ever got with a pregnancy and yesterday i saw my baby wriggling about in 3d and even got to hear its heartbeat!!!!
Can I just ask it may sound stupid and that I'm dumb but is a baby asprin a normal asprin? As had a miscaraige 3 wks ago and hopfuly get my bfp this wk as I think iv experiencd implantation bleedin? X
no a baby aspirin is a much lower dose. a pharmacy would be able to show you the right 1. but i would not advise taking it while pregnant unless you have been advised by the doctors as there can also be some complications with taking it. if it is your first miscarriage i wouldn't panic too much as many women loose their first child then go on to have a healthy baby the next time. my sister is a good example as she lost a child through miscarriage last year and fell pregnant again 2 months after and she gave birth to a perfectly healthy boy just 2 days ago!!