Miscarriages Community
baby stopped growing at 6 weeks

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

baby stopped growing at 6 weeks

Hello everyone. I found out Nov 13, where I should have been 8-9 weeks that my baby stopped growing at 6 weeks. The heartbeat that was seen at 5 weeks was no longer there. The results were confirmed with a second ultrasound. I am opting for a natural miscarriage. How long do natural miscarriages normally take?
I'm sorry for your loss, it really depends as to how long it will take for your hcg levels to start to drop, once that happens things usually start to move, also they usually dont like letting you go on for more than two weeks as there can be risk of infection, sometimes it can be easier to have a D&C because then it is over and done with and there is no waiting around for things to start happening, but everyone is different and you should go ith what feels right for you, good luck and take care
Hi hun. I am actually going through my 3rd miscarriage right now naturally. I had posted last night for help on this myself. Mine started November 10. So we are right about the same time frame.  I have been to the Er twice last week for exams, blood work, internal ultrasound, meds and my Rhogam shot. I am still bleeding(sometimes very heavy) and cramping (sometimes almost unbearable). I had problems with both of my previous d&c's. One the doc didn't get all the product leaving me in bad pain and I had to get another and antibiotics. The 2nd  miscarriage after d&c I got an infection and it became life threatening. I was in the hospital 5 days with constant antibiotics and, heavy pain meds. I'm wondering if I should be seen again for mine.        
                                          Hope you are doing well, Janet
I started light bleeding the end of October. At that point I went to the doctor and that is when they found a heartbeat. I was about 5-6 weeks then. The light bleeding turned to spotting and on November 13 I went back to the doctor just to make sure the baby is okay and that is when I found out the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks. I did not have any cramps at all during that period. I continued to spot even up to today. However, about 2 days ago I started having cramps. I have a feeling I will pass the baby in the next week. I'm not sure yet how badly the cramps will be and if I will be able to handle them. I am praying that everything will turn out okay and that my body will heal properly. I hope you're doing well also. I feel blessed to have a forum like this where we can share our experiences with each other. Now I don't feel so alone.
everyone's body is different and same thing happened to me a few months ago around may and bc my baby had stopped growing at 6 weeks i was 7 weeks my dr only gave me another week to pass it on my own and it didn't happen no spotting or anything for me and i had a d&c which was painful about day 3 but only lasted about 2-3 days and i was good not heavy bleeding or anything i was happy to go ahead and do it rather than naturally bc ive had multiple natural miscarriages takes much longer and more painful. my first miscarriage like yours was in 07 and i spotted for almost 2 weeks before finally going to er with very heavy bleeding and cramps. i passed baby while at hospital that night and they monitored me for bleeding a few hrs later i was sent home.