Miscarriages Community
breast milk after miscarriage

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

breast milk after miscarriage

I had a miscarriage on 2nd March at 16 week and lost my little prince.It was just like a normal delivery..now im having breast milk.Is it normal?Anybody have the same experience?
I think it is quite normal.  I lost my boy at 19 weeks and had a lot of breast milk and extremely sore and swollen breasts for the first 2 weeks and still get small amounts around my ovulation now.  I now how upseting this can be at such a sad time for you.  I bought some breast pads to soak up the milk and tried not to over-stimulate my breasts ie going under the shower.  

Some women recommended putting cabbage leaves in your bra, but that didn't seem to make much difference, although I did wear a smaller bra size for a while which was also recommended to me.  Please try and bear with it I know its so hard when you have this and no little one to nurture, all I can say is that within one month for me the breast soreness and milk production went.  I am so sorry to hear of your loss and you are in my thoughts.
Thank you so much for your support....
I know how you feel, my wife today started to produce breast milk, we lost our baby boy on March 4th 2010 (it was like a normal delivery as well, our baby had no kidney's) and today March 22nd she started to notice her breasts leaking. Tomorrow I am taking her to the doctor. After the miscarriage the Dr. told her to compress her breasts and take a medication called bromocriptine, she did this for only a couple of days and since she felt her breasts soft she stopped compressing and the medication. So tomorrow we are off to the Dr. and I will let you know what he suggested us to do in our situation.
first off let me say i know how you feel. and im so sorry for your loss. i m/c at 15 weeks and about a week later milk started to come from my breast. my doc recommended caggabe leaves to draw the milk out. never tried it though-felt weird about putting cabbage on my breast-lol. jus used breast pads for a bout a week and half and it jus dried up. i know it can be devasted-its like a reminder of what could/should be. but try and hang it there. the sliver lining in the cloud is that we know our bodies are functioning correctly and we will be able to try again. gota thx god for that. best of luck!!!!
The Dr. prescribed my wife bromocriptine and that she take it at 8am and 8pm for a week until our next consultation. He also said to avoid stimulating the breast or taking out the milk, to avoid touching her breasts as much possible. We also read about the cabbage leaves so we are trying it out as well as a home remedy.
Hi ,im so sorry abt your loss..i can understand ur feelings...thank u so much for ur kindness and consideration towards me..my milk dried up now..thank u again and wish both of you all the best...
Hi  Lisha,thank you so much for ur support...im so sorry for ur loss..my milk dried up now..all the best wishes for you and family.