Miscarriages Community
can anyone reassure me?

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

can anyone reassure me?

i am 23.i have got a 3 year old boy and 1 year old girl.i had excellent pregnancies and very quick labours,no complications what so ever.i was pregnant again last year (unexpectidly) but when i was 16 weeks i started to miscarry.i had a scan and it confirmed that my baby died at around week 14.i was devastated,i was nieve and just assumed that after 12 weeks the chance of miscarrying was slim so i thought it would never happen to me.iv never had a miscarraige (miscarriage) before either.me and my partner were distrought.we are now thinking of trying again but i still have my fears that it will happen again.has anyone else been in this situation before,and gone on to have more children and no more miscarraiges????also i had a D and C after the scan,that was 7 weeks ago now and i still havnt had a period?any thoughts??
I would say your chances of it happening again are probably low but you never know. You should probably wait it out until you get your cycle back on track though. Many women get pregnant again after miscarriages and everything turns out fine. So sorry for your loss.