Miscarriages Community
chances of a second miscarriage?

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

chances of a second miscarriage?

I had a miscarriage in December at exactly ten weeks. I found out early in my pregnancy and losing the baby was heartbreaking. Now I'm pregnant again and its hard to be excited because I'm scared to death of the same thing happening. What are the chances?
I'm sorry for your loss. From what you've said I'm going to assume this was your first pregnancy? I lost my first pregnancy at 9 weeks and 5 days. I found out afterwards that roughly 20% of women miscarry their first. I don't know the chances of it happening again but I had my misscariage on the 22nd of August last year and in January of this year I found out I was pregnant again and now I'm 15 weeks and 3 days pregnant! =D No complications as of yet, (Except some spotting at 6 weeks which scared me half to death). Just try to stay positive and enjoy the growing baby you have inside of you. I know that's far easier said then done, but you will start to feel better once you get past the point that you got to in your last pregnancy (Which I'm sure feels like forever!) But you'll be okay, us women are tough!
I'm going through that same thing I miscarried last jan at 4 weeks than may at 10 weeks now I just found out I'm 5 weeks pregnant and I'm scared because I don't wanna go through that again it's depressing... I don't wanna get excited and something happens...I wake up everyday scared thinkin ima go to the bathroom and it's blood.
I am going through exactly this! I had a mc in Jan and now 4 weeks pregnant again I find myself keep checking to see if there is any blood worrying like mad! Suppose the best thing we can all do is take it easy and be positive!! I am sure we all will have nice healthy babies xx
I asked my obgyn this when I had a miscarriage in december and she told me that it is very common to miscarry during the first pregnancy, and it in no way meant it was going to happen again. She said it put you at a very slightly greater risk than someone who has never miscarried before. I had a chemical pregnancy before that, like 6 years ago, and then a missed m/c in december. She said even though I went through this, I was still just barely at a greater risk and I should still be perfectly fine next time.
Since you are pregnant, I would make sure you go in and get everything checked out asap, if you haven't already. That way if your progesterone is too low out something, they can fix it quickly.