Miscarriages Community
depressed

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

depressed

Here's my story. 12th April I started cramping and bleeding which was the beginning of my nightmare. 13th April (Friday) had two assesments but no scan, this was not available until the Monday. We were trying to stay positive because my cervix was closed ...after a stressful few days and the cramping /bleeding gets worse Sunday I get a phone call to say my hormones are dropping, which suggests my pregnancy was failing. Totally devastated I gave up but I was told to stay positive but how could I ? The scam confirmed my baby stopped growing at 8.5 weeks and I should have been 12weeks. Even though I've already got one gorgeous son I felt like a failure and my while world had crashed on me... Next I had to choose how to miscarry which was extremely hard.... I decided to have the medical management option which began on the Wednesday and at this point I was beginning to accept things... Early hours Thursday morning I felt like I was in labour and had horrendous pains and woke up to discover a bloodbath, I lost so much blood and was rushed into hospital. After the bleeding had eased I was put on drips and kept in to observe. I didn't know what was going on and if I was still going ahead with the medical management the next day. The next day arrived and it was confirmed by scan that u naturally lost it the day I bled excessively. However there is still tissue left and was given another tablet to help pass that ... Since then I thought I was coping well until today. I feel so low , don't want to do anything  .... I cry now and then . I should be returning back to work tomorrow after the school holidays too. Work are not expecting me but I feel bad. I feel my emotions are all over the place. One minute I feel I'm moving on and then days like today I feel so low . Is this normal ??? How do I get over this hurdle?
Sorry for ur loss.

I had a silent miscarriage in Jan and only found this out on my 12 week scan! I thought everything was perfectly fine, so i was totally heart broken.

This was my 1st pregancy so the joy of enjoying any future pregancy is gone forever. I know ur in pain but you still have your son to keep you busy and this help to take ur mind of it , I had no child to return back too, and w I might of have the pleasure of having a baby, who knows.

Nevertheless it's a very hard thing to deal with regardles, and u will have very bad days and some good too. It takes alittle time for you to heal, but within 2 months could be sonner, u will start to feel more like urself.

Give it some time, as this has only happened recently and I know and feel ur pain, having gone through this myself.

Keep busy that really helps, and go back to work in about 3 weeks once u feel u can handle work, that's what I did.

Takecare
Rachel