Miscarriages Community
does this mean i might of had a miscarriage?

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Me and my fiance have been trying to get pregnant since my marina iud was removed 10 months ago. I. Was having symptoms for three weeks and was two weeks late so we took a test on moday and it was positive! Today wich is Friday I started getting cramps at work went to the washroom and noticed I was bleeding. There is no thick material in it just blood though, it's too much to be spotting so I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else, and what their results may have been. This would be my first pregnancy and it's all new to me the books canonly tell me so much the rest I need to know from people who have experienced something like this, thank you to all who may respond and might help me.
Hi Dawn. I'm currently going through my 2nd miscarriage so I'm a bit experienced in this topic, unfortunately. The best thing for you to do is to go to the doctor. The doc will examine your cervix to see if it's opened or closed. Then they will give you and ultrasound to see the baby. When I started bleeding (lightly), the doctor gave me an ultrasound and was still able to see the baby and the heartbeat. She told me that there are many patients who bleed during the first trimester. Miscarriages can also be very differwnt from each other. With my first loss, I spotted at first and completely miscRried juat one week later. With this one, I am just spotting and have not miscRried yet (it's been 3 weeks). So, go to the doc. I am hoping all is well with you. Good luck.
Thanks you. Sorry to hear hopefully you have a healthy pregnancy this time around. I have a doctors appointment on Thursday it is the only time I could get in. I am pretty sure that I have miscarried. Today there is clots in my "period", and my breasts aren't swollen and sore and I am not feeling hungry at all were before I felt hungry pretty much all day. It is sad, but I know it happens. The only thing to do is see the doctor and find out when we can try again. Would the marina iud have anything to do with this? I had it in before I had found out that it is not recommended for women who have never been pregnant before. The doctor who put the in knew that I had no children of my own, and never said anything to me about it.
Dawn, I don't have any experience with iud. Please make sure to let your doctor know. I am so sorry for what you're going through. I know how u feel. I hope next year will be our year and we'll both be mommies!