Miscarriages Community
extreme pain lasting for several days

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

extreme pain lasting for several days

Last Sunday I began bleeding. I found out on Monday that I had a blighted ovum. The bleeding remained pretty heavy since. On Friday night I had horrible contraction-like cramps. I passed a large piece of tissue. The contraction-like pains continued for about an hour after that. Saturday I continued to bleed pretty heavily. Saturday evening I started having the contraction-like cramps again. I did not pass any tissue. This pain lasted for several hours. This morning I had hardly any blood. Around 4:00pm I started bleeding again pretty heavily. I am having the contraction-like cramps again.

Has anyone else who has miscarried experienced this? From what I've read once you pass the tissue the pain and bleeding are supposed to subside. I am concerned but am trying to avoid a D&C and am afriad if I go to an ER or call the on-call OB they will make me get one. My OB is on vacation for a week.  
im sorry you wen through this. If you passed all the tissue, it should subside. if it is the same tomorrow i would go to the doctor and have a chat, it may be normal. You can refuse the D&C but if your body is unable to pass everything, it may just have to be done. I hope it has all passed for you. best of luck x
I miscarried at 7 weeks & I had contraction like pains for about 3 days & I was passing junk like crazy. Idk what was baby, uterus, clots but I was suffering for days & from what I've read from other peoples miscarriage stories I felt unique cuz no one else's was like mine. I went to ER & had regular check UPS to make sure my #s kept dropping cuz never once in all the ultrasounds I had did they ever see anything so they were checking for ectopic. But I ended up passing everything naturally & didn't need d&c.
Well, I ended up having a D&C yesterday. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. All my pain was relieved and the bleeding has almost completely stoppped. In the end, it was the right choice for me.
I'm sorry things ended up this way for you but I'm glad you're feeling better. Let the healing begin. Chin up.  
Thanks!