how long do u bleed after a miscarriage, what exactly is or does a D&C??
Hi, I was pregnant and didnt know it. After what i thought was a really long period (21/2 weeks compared to my usual 4 days) I decided to go to the doctor and found out i wasnt having a difficult period or hormonal inbalance. i was having a miscarriage. I was at least two months pregnant(i didnt know it because I had normal periods and a neg. pregnancy test result before) Its been a month all together since i first started bleeding. the doc said if i dont expell the sac that's still in me on my own on the next couple weeks I will have to have a D&C :/ I'm so scared I'm 18 and this was my first pregnancy...is this procedure painful? & how long does a women usually bleed after a miscarriage?  Help please and thank you for reading!
Everyone is different when it comes to the bleeding, for me with all my miscarriages from day 1 of bleeding it was usually 10 days. My friend just had bleeding for 5 weeks before it stop. D&C's you're usually not awake for, afterwards you may have some cramping and should stop bleeding within 7-10 days. I'm sorry for your loss.
Amy8702 is right is different for everyone. I actually bled for one day & spotted for 2 days when I supposely miscarriaged. I'm still on the process of making sure my bean baby was flushed out or maybe God has other plans for me. We will see but may God be with you & good luck ma.