Miscarriages Community
how long do you bleed for after a mc?

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

how long do you bleed for after a mc?

I had a natural miscarriage yesterday and I'm just waiting to pass some of the remaining tissue. How long do you think I will bleed for ?
Hi, I had a miscarriage last Monday and only just last night it's calmed down, I had a blood clot that was very painful, everyone is different. It can take a few days, make sure you have some painkillers. I am sorry for your loss, I am hurting so much. I didn't even know I had a miscarriage until the ultrasound
So sorry for your loss. It's hard aint it ? I started spotting on 12th April and a scan confirmed a missed miscarriage on the 16th but I naturally miscarried on 19th it was a long week .... It hit me hard this weekend and I ended up speaking to a doctor yesterday because I was up and down and had so many thoughts going around my head. She reassured me what I was going through was normal. I'm having a better day today , felt more human.... My bleeding looks like it's coming to an end soon which I'm pleased about because I was expecting two weeks of it after the miscarriage!
I miscarried on April 5....well officially confirmed a miscarriage on April 11.  I waited until April 17 and my had spotted lightly for for days then bled heavily for 24 hours and stopped but never passed tissue. I decided to go with a D&C cause emotionally I couldn't handle any more time.  For some women it is quick for others it takes several weeks to complete.  The D&C was very painless and recovery was easy physically.  Emotionally is different.  This was my second D&C (with a healthy pregnancy inbetween).  I'm sorry for your loss :(  It's so difficult when you want a baby....